Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gaming Showcase Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kojima making a game for the cloud, hopefully it's being developed side by side with Death Stranding 2.

Starfield looks incredible. Hope it plays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Pentiment was one I wanted to know more about - Disco Elysium-ish in medieval Europe, from the makers of New Vegas. I need more info damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Over 1000 planets. That sounds like a lot of bloat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No Man's Sky with Bethesda jankiness. Hmm. Really all depends what those hundreds of planets have to find.

Sounds great though. Bethesda really know how to put together a 'let's go adventuring' theme tune.

• Advertisement

It looked more like Star Citizen to me. Except it will actually be released. 😃

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

At least there's one good RPG coming out on Xbox, because Persona 4 is better than anything Bethesda has ever made ;) (3 and 5 are pretty darn good too, to be fair)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Starfield looks amazing.

Yeah. If they can make it play as well as it looks it will be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Really nothing to look forward or convincing enough to splash out a Series X or PS5 from what I've seen. Series S is still a great but just cos of gamepass but there's nothing really this year where you need the higher power of the X or PS5.

• Advertisement

Decent showcase, but need to see more of the games I'm really interested in. I suppose that's what Tuesday is for.

The PC Gaming Show had a few interesting looking games as well, but they fucked up with some of the individual trailers when uploading to YT - wrong titles etc. I'll let them sort that out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The PC Gaming Show showed off that Half Life Alyx mod that's meant to be a decent length Campaign add-on, Levitation. Seems to have new audio, though not sure if they got the original actors for it. Oh and as it's a mod, it's free. Just hope it's not like other game mods where it's a lot harder than the original. I don't being harder but I don't want Kaizo Half Life.

No update on if XBox are doing the Gamepass family plan.

Josh Sawyer talking a bit about Pentiment;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like I'm buying Persona 5 for the fourth time. Might even get around to playing it this time.

Anyone with a XBox and PC, don't pass up on what are arguably the three best RPGs of the last 20 years.

I was really hoping they'd show some Avowed gameplay. The fact it wasn't shown probably means it won't be released until holiday 2023 at the earliest.

I love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games but I haven't been that excited for Starfield because I don't generally like games that are set in space, and after seeing the gameplay, I'm still feeling the same way.

Found it very annoying as well that they didn't give concrete release dates for games. Would have been nice to have a roadmap of exactly what's coming each month rather than just 2023 for a lot of it.

Half the community complains when dates are given but missed. Half the community complains when no dates are given so that the previous scenario can be avoided.

If I worked in the games industry I would straight up ignore the views of fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Very good.

But was there ever a Persona Non Grata game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes, the forth mission of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well I learned something new today. Thank you teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Capcom stream starts at 11pm.

• Advertisement

A bit of RE4 Remake gameplay, with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This is meant to last 35 minutes. So already 10 minutes spent on Monster hunter so far. With only 25 left for other games.

I'm kind of digging Exoprimal. 😑

Pragmata is no longer so.

You know. Pragmata... First shown two years ago. Spacesuit guy walking through times square with the little blonde girl? Cool unique trailer?

It was meant to be coming out this year. But got pushed back until next year officially. Haven't seen nothing of it basically since its first and only trailer two years ago.

Alot of people were expecting some sort of trailer or update tonight. However it don't look hopeful now the game may ever be released if its continuing to no show Capcom events.

There's no evidence to say it's cancelled. If we're using this logic, then Indiana Jones, Contraband, Fable, Avowed, Perfect Dark, TES 6 etc have all been cancelled by Microsoft.

Besides, they showed the Pragmata trailer during the countdown to tonight's showcase.

Not to be outdone, Prime Matter have a showcase (I no longer know what this word means) lined up for Friday at 18:00.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you missed Capcom's event, they finally had a Dragon's Dogma reveal...

🤬

I still think there'll be a DD2. It might even be announced on Thursday night. But man, don't do me like that! Oh, and their "video" clashes with the planned FF7 anniversary stream. Great timing!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Just noticed something for the second XB stream happening Tuesday (tonight). On the official XB YouTube channel, the description reads;

Are you ready for the Xbox Games Showcase Extended? Because, ready or not, it's right here ⬆⬆⬆

Catch some new trailers, deep looks at the news from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, and interviews with some top game creators.

Probably an error, but I had been wondering if they'd have anything to show that didn't make the main event. That is, trailers for stuff further than a year out.

• Advertisement

Maybe I am over-reacting but I just don't see it as a good sign. It looks quite different and cool. Shame if it never came out. It's just that in the two years since it got revealed, we have only got an announcement saying they are pushing back the release from this year until next year.

It missed last year's e3 and this years "not e3" (ha) So it could be encountering problems. Covid obviously did not help but it does make one wonder.

Advertisement