Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I wonder if anybody in the villa is going to call out the fact that Gemma was 16 and Jacques was 20 when they were going out.

Dodgy geezer

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If Gemma's timelines are correct, she was 16 when she first started dating him, and he was 21.

That's a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dodgy is putting it mildly. She definitely knew he was going to be on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Yeah, it's weird, although age of consent in UK is 16 whereas it's 17 here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,836 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Never ever have I fancied an Ex's mum...... drink..... and the look on Gemma's face.... priceless!!

Jacques is in the game !

• Advertisement

I get that, but I've made the point before that just because it's legal doesn't mean it's perfectly fine and normal.

Like, what would a 20 yo have in common with a 16 yo? It's a big gap at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She’s 19. Not sure DOB, but could she have been 17 and him 21.Think she was very close to 17

on a separate note, they need to start shooting people for saying “obviously” every two fooking seconds.

Gemma turned 19 a few weeks ago. OFCOM has received complaints over the 8 years gap between Davide and Gemma.

It was like Noo-Noo from the Tellytubbies hoovering up Tellytubby custard. 😮

Ridiculous. She’s an adult…

where does it leave the likes a these geriatric rockers like Mick Jagger. Chap chasing teens when in his fooking 70s

• Advertisement

She turned 19 only a few weeks ago.

If they broke up a year and a half ago, and dated for 8 months, then it makes her 16 and him 20 when they started dating.

Yes. Almost 17. Him 20/21…

she is quite a mature 19 year old, and something her father mentioned. And was likely quite a mature 17/18 year old.

nothing off here or weird in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That's completely weird.. Where would a 21 year old even meet a 16 year old?

She was almost 17…

what world are you living in?

teens now are all getting into clubs and drinking and meeting. 16/17/18 year olds who when dolled up would easily pass for older.

I could understand real concern if she was 14/15. She was almost 17 according to to timeline. Him, 20/21. Not 40…

people trying to paint this as weird haven’t a fooking clue as regards today’s scene.

completely weird would be a far older male pursuing:dating a 16/17 year old. He was 20/21. She 16, almost 17. And clearly not a childish or very immature 16/17 year old.

not all teens are the same as regards development, looks, maturity. So calling him weird here is way off.

Wtf did I just read …

I’m sorry but “Mature for her age” is a very noncy sounding excuse. Also a teenage girl being dolled up to look older than her actual age isn’t a justifiable reason for an adult to pursue a relationship with her. Age is age at the end of the day

She was under 18 which in most peoples eyes would class her as a child/minor. Him being over 18 makes him an adult. An adult going out with a child is wrong. If you don’t see a problem with that, god help you

Utter gick. You’re taking two numbers here and using the word adult to try make a mountain out of a molehill with your faux outrage.

using two words, adult and child with zero context. Pure ignorant.

her own father said she was very mature. If she said she was 23/24 nobody would disbelieve her.

she was almost 17, not 13. Him, a very young man aged 20/21, and here you are trying to paint him and the situation as some sort of abomination.

there are countless examples of 16/17/18 year old girls dating 20/21/22 year olds. Are all these young males weird, now?

seriously, get the fook.

generally males are older than the females they date.

and in UK he did nothing illegal here. And nothing wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Luca seems way more into Gemma than her into him. He's coming across a small bit intense and she doesn't seem as interested. But who the **** knows with how this is edited

I don’t think Gemma is in this to be into anyone. She’s quite cold!

An adult going out with a child is wrong?

so, as per your logic: a day past aged 17 sees you now aged 18, and you fancy and date a 17 year old girl and you would say this is wrong?

and god help anyone for not seeing it as wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It's very strange. The 2 girls seemed very unsure as to where Cumbria is. To me it's like people in Dublin being unsure where Sligo is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

To be fair there would be a lot of Dubs who wouldnt know places in the country either - I remember telling someone from Dublin once I was going to Longford for the weekend and they asked where Longford was and if it was a place in Mullingar!

Dami's becoming one of my favourites now that we're getting to see a bit more of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

So basically you see nothing wrong with a 16 year old dating a 21 year old.

You pushed her age up to 17 in your post. Not sure why you did but in keeping with that argument I'll push it down to 15.

Now you're talking Adam Johnston and being locked up in jail for child grooming. Very thin lines.

He was 20/21 and she was almost 17....

No, there is nothing wrong. Unless all 20-21 year old males dating 17 year old females are weird, now? She was probably a month shy of her 17th birthday

I know of two fathers whose 17 year old daughters are dating 21 year olds, and I have seen them together. Nothing looks off or weird or odd

Girls generally mature that bit quicker than boys.

Adam Johnston was late 20s and instigating a relationship with a 15 year old...huge difference between that and a 20-21 year old dating a 16-17 year old.

Folks trying to see some outrage here with this very young man having a relationship with a young girl, who was not below the age of consent, and who looks older. There is no crime here, and certainly no weirdness

Like I said, a 14/15 year old and an older man pursuing it would be weird, and illegal.

There are many cases of 3-4 years age gaps between people aged 20-21 and 16-17....many many these married and have kids and families.....are people really labeling this as weird and out of order?

I know of people during my time who were this type category, and there was nothing weird about the males at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Why do you keep referring to her as 17? She was 16! If I knew two father's who's 16 year old daughter was dating 21 a year old fella I would definitely see something weird with it. Maybe you don't and fair enough!

She was pretty much 17....very close to it. He was 20 or 21...

This is not Elvis and Priscilla!!

You are putting a 5 years age gap. It's 4 years or so...

There is no crime here and nothing weird to see here. It's simply males and female being attracted to each other.

How anyone can label him weird because aged 20 or so and her aged 16 (almost 17) and he was attracted to her, (a very attractive girl) and they both became an item is what is weird....

I said I knew two fathers whose 17 year olds were dating 21 year olds. Nothing weird or wrong here.

They are 17, not 12........in less than a year's time they are legally adults. They are not young children.

I have a very young daughter and when she reaches 16/17 and lads aged 20/21 are attracted to her I am not going to label these lads weird......yes, if she was 14 or thereabouts I'd be thinking, hold on here: She's too young.

Post edited by walshb on

Just on the Ofcom complaints about Davide being 27 and Gemma 19. Who are these people?.

19 is an adult, a young woman, and you have people making complaints implying something wrong/immoral/inappropriate...

Jesus how is your man still going on about the age thing from last night 🤣🤣🤣 Must have struck a personal nerve to be that passionate about it f*cking hell. Nearly a dozen posts now ranting the same thing over and over like a broken record. Where are the moderators in here ???

You've made your point clear but doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you. It's weird and dodgy to most people but if it isn't for you so be it. It's Love Island for god sake, don't take it so seriously

• Advertisement

You were poster implying that the lad was dodgy. I disagreed. You then seemed to take umbrage with my view. You tried to make a mountain out of molehill here with a few years age difference between two people..

nobody is taking love island seriously. You’re implying that lads who date girls a few years younger are dodgy. OTT faux outrage.

and reading comments on the daily mail article about this, clear majority think it’s ridiculously OTT; many females have absolute no issue with it. Plenty examples of how common it is.

Advertisement