Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Well, that opening 20 mins (bar the goal) was the best and most enjoyable I’ve seen Donegal play in quite some time. They won kick outs, fought and forced turnovers, endeavoured going forward and shot freely and scored some crackers.

Then the black card happened and the wheels came off gloriously. I could call it bad luck but a dodgy short kick out gifted Derry the equaliser in the Ulster Final. There’s form there.

Good luck to Armagh, their supporters brought a lot of colour and it’s great to see yet again another big attendance in Ulster where football is apparently unwatchable. I think they’ll need to close the gaps around winning and maintaining ball in midfield to keep their summer going.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Easy win for Armagh guaranteed. Donegal took Derry to extra time. Armagh hammered Donegal out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The ads on The Sunday Game tonight, sanitary towels and pubic hair shaving . Analysis please 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

A few hairy balls went in there today but they were able to handle it, i think they did a tidy job front and back and manoeuvred well around the middle, which can cause problems if you are lacking experience. The sweeper did very well to close it out.

Not sure why you wanted analysis but there you go 😜

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Spillane seems very happy to point out the fact that 3 of the 8 are from Munster.

I know the case for Munster in hurling but to be fair, not too many would have thought they would have 3 in the football quarter finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Pat has an awful horn for all things statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭HBC08

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭dobman88

Prices will be on the website closer to the game but usually 10 or 20 quid a game. Can't remember exactly how much. It's not a lot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Sickened to see that dive from the Limerick player against cork today. The Limerick player was almost attacking the cork player, then he gets a little tap to the head and goes down like Jack Grealish, embarrassing, hopefully this nonsense doesn't creep into the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

It was tongue in cheek or in....so to speak 😜.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The problem if you do not the other side will not get a yellow, black or red card. It was stupid by Walsh. He hit a player in the head admittedly with an open hand. He can have no complaint.

Do I like things like that in a game, no but that is the way the game has gone.

Slava Ukrainii

It is cheating to me and I just couldn't do it as a player, its pathetic. may as well be watching Neymar, You definitely wouldnt get sent off for that 10 years ago, its supposed to be a physical game. That along with 15 players in your own half defending and keepers coming out the field has made it awful to watch, Id find it very hard to pay into a ground these days to watch such crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

And the black card Limerick picked up should not be a black card either and the Cork player we t down easy. Cork scored 1-3 in that period.

The quite simple thing is there is a rule you cannot strike the head with your hand. He could have got out of the Limerick players way. He was trying to obstruct him a d got annoyed with the Limerick players trying to push him out of the way. He could have pushed back or kept his open hand below the head.

It's the way the game is. Discipline is part of any game. When I was involved at club level under age it was something I constantly instilled into players.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Roll on 8 36 tomorrow morning until my own counties mystic Meg reappears with the tin hat brigade... #itsallafix

Fair enough there will always be diehard fans who just accept anything from GAA because they love it, but it is totally off putting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Galway-Cork

Dublin-Clare

Kerry-Armagh

Derry-Mayo

🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

like Roscommon and mayo clare know galway well , we play each other regularly in challenge games especially in loughgeorge , but i would love if we got dublin and put in a performance like we did 30 years ago in 1992 ,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

i would love if we got dublin and put in a performance like we did 30 years ago in 1992 .

Im sure you would love it.

But ye'll get Kerry.

Just like ye did in 2016.

And just like Limerick did in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Yup don't you know it , what's that sepp Blatter used to do , leave the capsules with the lesser teams in the champions League boil them in hot water before the draw and tell to he likes of Luis figo doing the draw to pick the hot capsules when Madrid are drawn out 😜 ,I am convinced the gaa do the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Darren Frehill would accidentally feck up any sort of fix if he's within earshot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,252 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not a draw for the tin foil hats...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Exactly as everyone predicted!! WHAT A FIX!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Intetesting.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Was fully share Clare would come out after the Kerry - Cork draw!

The Derry/Clare & Armagh/Galway side have a huge opportunity to get to an All Ireland final now.

Is it pre arranged that the split of days Saturday/Sunday will be between the two sides of the draw or could they mix it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Thats the frustrating thing about Donegal. That first 20 minutes is in their locker, high tempo, lots of pace and urgency, great long range point taking, huge pressure on opposition high up the field.

Black card a massive blow but 4 points was far from insurmountable, 3rd quarter no show was inexplicable.

Looks like it won't be too expensive of a year for the mayo fans after all

I think I saw so where it was ulster /connacht semi final on the Saturday after tailteann Cup final

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So one of Armagh, Galway, Derry or Clare in the final.

It's been 20 years since any of them were in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Great draw for Kerry. Armagh would have been a tricky one for a team untested so far in championship.

Mayo wont be near good enough to beat them but should provide a good test and will physically keep battering at them for the 70 minutes.

Armagh v Galway should be a cracker.

Clare have probably got the draw they wanted too. Very tough ask for them, but have nothing to lose and could give Derry who will be strong favs for first time in champ this year, a good test

Advertisement