Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Celsius have "paused" all withdrawals. I don't see how they can recover from this. 😒

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Carnage. What exchange is next to go under?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It might be harsh, but anyone who handed over custody of their crypto to a 3rd party like Celsius, which is essentially an unregulated fractional reserve bank with no insurance or consumer protections, is a fool. Why anyone would trust another person with their Crypto is beyond me, but greed makes people do stupid things.

"Not your keys, not your coins" is one of the oldest sayings in the game. Good luck getting your coins back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yeah good reminder to not leave your money on these exchanges. 4% interest isn't worth losing 100% of your money if you aren't able to withdraw. Hope no one got caught by celsius. They were one of my favourites to use, but I withdrew everything from the exchanges after the Luna collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Stack cash folks. In the coming months we'll have the accumulation phase of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

So would you be recommending that people sell their tokens now to have the cash ready to buy back in later?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,045 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Anyone who bought from 2018 to 2020 was up 10x to 100x in 2021.

It's the most basic of patience. Most people can't manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,045 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Indeed. And personally I will only be starting to buy when it's 50% to 60% lower than it is now. Fear and panic can drive it down incredibly low.

Of course it can all go down to zero at almost any time, but if people stick to the mantra of "only invest what you can afford to lose" then they never panic sell. Just wait for the next insane bull run (if it comes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you have money and can ride out a rocky season investing then just leave it alone and come back in 2024. It is a good reminder to always diversify your investments into other areas like stocks, property, and precious metals, not just other shitecoins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

... also, stocks in Coinbase doesn't count as diversification 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

"Anyone buying the dip"

"enjoying the sales today"

"Accumulating over a coffee this morning"

"Another few bags added"

It's time we banned these comments for a few years... I've been guilty 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I’ve only invested what I can afford to lose so it’s not bothering me at all what’s happening, unless of course it goes to zero. I’m planning on holding for years.

One thing that has struck me since I started investing in Bitcoin is the amount of panic. People panicking if it goes up or down. It’s volatile in nature so I can’t figure out how people can’t see past that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm recommending nothing. Everyone needs to decide their own strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well you are. You are advising people to have money available to buy in the future as you obviously think the price will decrease from where it is now.

I only asked as I had this conversation before with others on this forum - if you are convinced that something will go down and then come back up, the rational thing to do would be to sell what you have (or at least sell some of it). The last time was with some poster who was recommending other posters to "hodl", and at the same time to have money available to buy up more when the price decreased.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There is a very good chance on a dip like this that you sell at the bounce point and end up with less money and less bitcoin.

Best thing to do is plan long term. Buy in, cream off some profit when it is going up and ride out the dips, once the recovery starts then buy in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

I was definitely like that at the start, panicked when I saw my first big dip. Now I don't even bat an eye lid. I'm here for the long haul. If I have to leave it 10+ years for significant gains then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yeah, I can remember the last bear a lot clearer than I thought, especially the way it is acting now. I am buying more today.

One friend of mine who I think got into it last year or maybe the year before, was texting me for every slight movement. "it's pumping" or "Ahh christ, this dump is killing me!"

Every single movement.. 😁 It seems some of what I have been saying to him (no advice), has been rubbing off, or calming him at least. He is still "raging he didn't sell at €40k and buy back in now".

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭AnF Chuckie egg

I'd be holding off buying to see where this is going. Bitcoin has been weak over the last 3 months and my feeling is if it breaks below $20k then it will plunge right down to $10k

• Advertisement

With rising interest rates due to very high inflation and the expected recession next year, the outlook for risky investments is not good. All of the tech growth stocks have been getting absolutely smashed in the last 6 months (Affirm, Teladoc etc), all down 70%+. Obviously crypto is way riskier than even those growth stocks. I think the market is mostly supported by retail and when the recession kicks in there will definitely be far less invested. The various trading firms are mostly market making or liquidity taking strategies, they can only really make money off the uniformed investors in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I’ve been DCA’ing Bitcoin since Christmas. Most of my buys have been in the 30k range so I’m not too fussed. I’ll be buying more at this price like usual.

If you believe it’s the future of money then just stay buying. Eventually, buying at 30k will be a pipe dream., IMO.

What would it take to change your mind about it being the future of money? Is there any timeline you have in mind? I remember back in 2017 a lot of people were thinking it would be used for payments, then the narrative changed that it's main function was as a "store of value".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't believe Bitcoin is the future. One day it will crash and there will be many disappointed people. When that happens is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ham Grenade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Aah, folks are always doing that. Its like deja vu in here today

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Shank Williams

Has Brandonbay let his parents know he’s lost all his pocket money yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Ahh, you know it's a decent crash and bear market when the lurkers who never or rarely post in here show up and try to rub it in people's faces, giving away the fact that they're sad enough to have been lurking and jealous of others gains during the bull run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Slideways

Actually I hang out here all the time.

Will we see the posters with diamond hands shouting with glee when it dips below 20k

The giant Ponzi scheme is crumbling

Advertisement