Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Another pathetic attempt to deflect and/or attack the poster.

You got nothing Brucie.

You are on here outraged that people mention this lady's past of ripping off a housing charity over a sustained period, yet over on another thread you keep going on and on about an allegation concerning something another politician was alleged to have done as a young fella at a music festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Your claim of foul treatment and how it would relate to someone in a Government party would seem flawed when you take into consideration that Bailey was a serving FG TD during the period she was getting lambasted both on Boards and mainstream media for putting herself in a predicament of her own making, then looking for sympathy whilst blaming others. Does this sound familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I'm calling out your nonsense. I don't need to deflect the upset ramblings of an obsessive.

No sympathy at all. Bailey wasn't lambasted over her husband and living arrangements. Bailey's party were defending the insurance industry and campaigning about false claims. Her claim played into that. The attacks on Violet ann are a lower grade and beyond political.

Can you point to one other politician who gets attacked so much, so long and so broadly about such things? I can't. It wouldn't be allowed.

Very touchy Brucie. It's hardly obsessive now to point out your blatant hypocrisies is it?

• Advertisement

Hypocrisy, another word you don't seem to get.

I say upset, you say touchy. Good one.

Obsessed in that you are labouring hard to create spin to feed your efforts at having a go. Sad. Now go off and defend another sex assault 'prank'.

Can you point to one other politician who gets attacked so much, so long and so broadly about such things? I can't. It wouldn't be allowed.

Perhaps not a lot of them go so far as to rip off charities?

Haughey still gets mentioned for ripping off a fund for an operation for (I think) Brian Lenihan Sr. So that is one comparison I suppose.

Mick Wallace always gets a mention for ripping off the Revenue and also for stealing his employees pension contributions.

C'mon Brucie. Entertain us.

Explain to us why it is inappropriate to mention about one politician's past which involved an admitted sustained period of refusing to pay rent to a charity that had provided them with a house, but it is appropriate for you to go on and on about unproven (and denied) allegations about another politician for a single incident which allegedly occurred at a music festival when they were a teenager or early 20's. The former resulted in a court judgment against the person. The latter resulted in nothing except an allegation which was denied.

As you appear to be fond of saying yourself - Sad.

Can you point to another to another politician who complains about not being able to get accommodation having admitted refusing to pay rent to a charity for 4 yrs, or whose spouse has been found in possession of drugs? If there was another politician who did this, and released a video looking for public sympathy, they would receive the same treatment.

Apart from her attempt to claim a payout from the hotel having contributed herself to her “accident”, and then run a mini marathon a few weeks later when she was “injured”, Bailey was tone deaf and unable to read the public’s annoyance with insurance claims. Here we now have a housing crisis, but this twit admitted to not paying rent, has an income of €150k per year, has a druggie husband, but wants sympathy from the public because she can’t get a house. For her inability to read the room and lack of awareness, she deserves to be lambasted every bit as much as Bailey. Her family are where they are because of the parents choices.

Deservedly so but not the same. Whats their wife's names and do they rent or buy? Have they been in rent arrears, how many kids do they have? Do their wives have a medical condition and what is it? See the difference?

Not comparable. Violet deserves criticism IMO, but the level is sustained, personal and way past any policy. I've said enough about that assault. I'd be more curious as to why people like you defended it. And it wasn't denied.

I don't see a connection. As I spelled out, Bailey was critical for her attempted con. We didn't harp on about her husband etc.

Violet strikes me as a complete chancer well due criticism IMO. Just pointing out how heavy and long running it is in this thread, the hypocrisy of many here and the fact that if she was a government minister the same gang would be complaining and the thread would be closed.

• Advertisement

Maria Bailey’s husband didn’t plead guilty to drug possession while she was an elected public representative.

Deservedly so but not the same. Whats their wife's names and do they rent or buy? Have they been in rent arrears, how many kids do they have? Do their wives have a medical condition and what is it? See the difference?

I wasn't aware any of their spouses were before the courts or that they were going to the papers looking for help because of the number of children they had.

In contrast, it was published in March, when pleading guilty to possessing illegal drugs, that a particular individual had 16 previous convictions already at that time - most of which were for road traffic offences, including two for driving without insurance:

It says that sentencing will be on June 15th.

There is a more recent case of the same man being charged with other offences, including driving without insurance related to an incident before last Christmas. Only charged of course and innocent unless proven guilty. The report is below.

If things are in the courts, and in the paper, people are entitled to comment on them. Same as any other story. It's not as if they are rooting through your man's bins to find out secrets. Don't be kidding yourself that if it were any other politician or political party that the papers would not be printing the court reports. As regarding medical condition, that has apparently been trotted out as an excuse rather than a case of someone surreptitiously finding that out and publishing it.

It is also relevant to the story (put out by an individual themselves) that they are having difficulty in obtaining rental accommodation. You have to put things into context. Yes there is a shortage of housing, but if I had a house, I'd be very slow to rent to people with such a past record. Surely you would be too? Anyone on here who would criticise a landlord for not taking a chance on them can put themselves forward as a personal guarantor for their rent if they wish. The lady currently has a well paid job, but it is not a stable job and it could be gone at the next election.

Feel free to nominate any government minister, or any other party politician, who has been in the media for the wrong reason and it is likely that I won't back them up.

Edit: Here is another example of the son of a former politician who was in trouble and it was published in the paper as such:

You say that people keep going on about that lady. One way to stop that would be for there to stop being new stories related to these things in the paper. And a good way to stop that is for people to try to stop getting into the trouble in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Deeec

Violet Anne posted on social media last week about her families 'housing' problem. She posted a video of herself talking about her problems and bizarrely mentioned that her husband was been harrassed by local gardai. She then paraded herself around every media outlet who would have her and discussed her problems further. Its absolutely fair that her personal life can be discussed here or publicly. She has bought this information regarding HER PERSONAL LIFE to public attention. She only has herself to blame.

I'd be more curious as to why people like you defended it

I'd be more curious as to why people like you defended that allegation Brucie?

(You defended it more than me. I never even commented on that incident. The only mention I made towards it was to point out the hypocritical posters who made a big thing about it while trying to hush up other incidents.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Why doesn't she apply for a mortgage and buy a house?

Possibly because she still believes in SF's promise of a free home for anyone who wants one! Don't forget that if she hadn't accidentally become pregnant or if Mary Lou had sent her a bigger box of chocolates she'd still be in the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd imagine the banks first question would be if you won't pay 63 euro a week in rent why will you pay your mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Canterelle

I really don't care what political party she was in, but am outraged by this woman. It is the sheer brass neck. She can't find accommodation because no-one will rent to her. Instead of looking at the reasons why, she thinks its a good idea to go on social media and blame the housing crisis. She is actually doing a "poor me, this is the housing crisis, I need to be given a 4 bed house". Everyone knows that income over €150k pa can get anyone accommodation!! I could rent a 4-5 bed house in Clare in the morning with that income. But I would have landlord references.

Obviously her tactics have worked before, so I guess she thought it was a good idea to chance it with stupid old Joe Public again. Huge miscalculation Violet Anne!! And everyone has a right to be critical, and to voice that criticism. I feel sorry for her children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

Without getting personal about it, she hasn't a hope of getting a mortgage. A mortgage application isn't just based solely on what you are making right now. It is based on how long you have been doing it and the stability of the job going forward.

So even though she is well paid now, she didn't work in a decent paying job before it and come the next general election, as a first timer TD, there is a very high chance that she won't get back in and ultimately would be left with no way of repaying the loan. Any mortgage approver who would sign off on that would probably be fired.

She's a chancer. The fact that she's a working class chancer, means she can't get by on the nod and wink cute hoorism we allow the more seasoned generational political chancers away with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

But surely as SF support is rising, and there is talk of them getting two seats in many constituencies, she is nearly guaranteed another five years?

Just being a chancer and having a sense of entitlement means she will be well placed to flourish in a SF Government. Unfortunately for her, her stupidity peaked to early.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

She is no longer in SF so won't get the vote that goes to the party name not the person (as an aside, that party vote often just gets given alphabetically - there is a very recent study on the SNP showing it and it's well known in FF/FG here) so W would be very bad to have as your surname initial anyway!)

She is not a good public rep

If she runs again she won't get in

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I may be wrong in my recollection, but aren't you the poster who started a whole thread about John Bruton's son?

Or did you just criticise him on it? You know, that son with problems, who did something (was it tenuous anti-semitic links that were dubious?) and you tried to make out it meant that the whole FG party (of which he wasn't a member) was anti-semitic as a result?

Someone already mentioned your unassailable levels of hypocrisy, but I think you outdo yourself on this attempt to play the hit me with my family in my arms ruse.

However, while you are on the subject of Sinn Fein TDs who don't pay much rent, you could tell Violet-Anne to get onto to John Brady, you know the Sinn Fein TD in Wicklow, who is also on a salary of over 100k plus multiple expenses, and who holds on to a local authority house with illegal modifications at really cheap rent preventing a person on the social housing list from accessing it. He could tell her a trick or two to get by.

This is you:

This has nothing to do with party politics,

This is also you:

Just being a chancer and having a sense of entitlement means she will be well placed to flourish in a SF Government.

There would be no sustained drill down on a government politician. And the ones engaging in it here would be the first ones flagging and complaining.

She's a chancer. How much on going attention do we need to point that out? My interest is only in the curious case of those obsessed with a minor opposition indie who's likely gone next election day.

You are wrong. In fact I don't even recall any stories about him. I know of one FG'er who openly admires the fascist blueshirts.

Zero hypocrisy. Like your fellow traveler you are trying to compare apples to horseshite.

Wasn't on the subject of SF. She's not in SF. What a false laboured segue. Your point is I can't comment on your unhealthy obsession with Violet ann because it relates to your unhealthy obsession with SF. Funny.

This is me saying her predicament has nothing to do with party politics, it is self inflicted, this is also me saying her former party wants to ban evictions, had she not peaked, being the chancer she is, she might have been there for life if SF are elected. Two very different points relating to politics.

As I stated earlier, Maria Bailey was drilled mercilessly, and would be again if she runs for election in the future. Our continued interest in her is for similar reasons to Maria Bailey, they both keep trying to use the media to blame others/absolve themselves.

You say that your only interest is in the "curious case of those obsessed with a minor opposition indie who's likely gone next election day".

Essentially, then, you have nothing to say on the subject of Violet-Anne Wynne, but lots to say about other posters. Got it.

I thought I might help your memory. Here is the thread:

In Post number 10 on this thread, you say and I quote:

"The op clearly was giving reasons for speaking on a politicians family."

So, obviously, you do believe that there are good reasons for speaking on a politician's family.

Then in Post number 11, you say and I quote:

"So you cool with the former YFG'ers antisemitic racism?"

So, not only do you believe that there are good reasons for speaking on a politician's family (but only if it is a FG politician's family), but you then go on and make libellous statements about said politician's family.

I think your post number 15 in the thread speaks volumes:

"I didn't read anything other than him explaining why he felt it was okay to speak about a politicians family member.

The son was obviously harking back to FG's roots."

Maybe you should stop digging now.

• Advertisement

I think you are finding random historic quotes to support your clinical whataboutism.

Firstly, tackle my comments about Violet and this thread.

Secondly, again, these two are not remotely comparable. The son of a party with fascist roots engaging in fascism is a stand alone incident. Did it go into his wife or girlfriend, if she had a medical condition, how many kids they have, their living situation, over a few years? Stop digging.

How long did to take you to find suitable random posts to help you deflect from actual on topic comments I made? Obsessed.

This line of 'discussion' would have been closed long ago had Violet been a government minister.

Advertisement