Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully not a week of this.

• Klinefelters syndrome too, familiar with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

the ads...'thank fcuk' thinks everyone

"Anna Geary on to talk about what effect your period has on sport performance"

'fcuuuuuk'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Poor oul Nico was struggling big time to articulate his argument.

Tbh I'd question a few assertions that your one made, but she a was a damn better debater.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Someone on Boards last week said a book teaching sex Ed at school was saying there was 50 odd genders.

If I see any of my kids with that book, I'll be having a chat to my local school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Turner's made some nice CB mics.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• But the trouble is the militant group ARE aggressive. Understanding chromosomes is very important for health.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

No point this woman saying cos she is a 1 in a million case, that we should rewrite gender rules.

99.99% are male or female at birth, get over it.

• I did a dna test. XX. I know a lot about my genes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Sorry cawlur I think you are in denial, defo should have gotten the operation 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Lunatics are taking over the asylum. Country is completely lost

How would you ever want to bring a child into this backward country.

• Helen McEntee is “behind” any wind that blows.

oh good...more on this tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Once again, thank feck that's finished.

No doubt more tripe of the same stripe tomorrow.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whoy does Brenda never produce when Joe is at the wheel?

When I listen to the likes of Joe, and for that matter politicians talk about this, they are all talking out of their ar$e. Many don't agree with it, but don't want to say so.

It's like the time all the pres candidates said they'd live next to a halting site no bother, except for one who told the truth.

up there into the top 10 of all time worse Livelines

Fantastic, going to trim my lady garden later and have a little play with it 🤪😜

• Advertisement

Imagine the conversation on the taxi rank with this subject 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

and whos share of the vote grew massively, yet none in the media would acknowledge it was because of his opposition to living near a halting site

The new music and jingles aren't helping either.

• The dating websites are in for a legal nightmare with their options. Eg Tinder asks:

Are you a man looking for a woman?

Are you a man looking for a man?

Are you a woman looking for a woman?

Are you a woman looking for a man?

I mean that’s surely illegal now, with only 4 options when there are so many genders. Then if you say you are a woman, show a photo in certain light as profile and a bio that is attractive to a cis straight man searching the site, if he texts & agrees to meet up, and new partner turns out to have a dick, wants intimacy, and rejected because cis guy was not ok with it, that could be because he is a Transphobe, facilitated by the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kerry_2008

I am in my 30's and think this stuff is off the wall. I deal with the public sometimes in my job and we had to go for training so that we wouldn't accidently offend people. A day wasted telling us to say 'this person' as opposed to 'this man' because they might identify as a woman. I had to laugh when the company rebranded all the disabled toilets as gender neutral toilets a few weeks later. I was sure there would be some backlash for comparing non-binary to a disability.

Had a real militant lesbian working with us for a few years. We were speaking about a girl we know that got married. She had 3 brothers and I was asking over tea if they were married etc. Turns out three brothers were gay. I innocently asked what the chances of 3 brothers on the one family being gay was. More in terms of the stat is that 1 in every ten men is gay so what are the odds of having 3 men in the same family all gay. Came into work the following week and this one was trying to start a process with HR as she felt discriminated and victimised by my behavior in the work place.

Can honestly say I have never said a word around her since.

• I know of a family with that repeated in every generation, they happen to be autistic too. It’s closely linked with the type of autism where there is a generally “dissatisfied” brain. The brain thinks in opposite ways to a neurotypical brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Looks like I made the right decision to switch off 😏

I worked in a Career where I was trained to be Focused, Professional, Exacting, Be a leader, Mentor and to be positive at all times..

I put these skills along with Immense charm and Rutlessness to good use.....

I was Positively Focused, Exacting , Rutless in dealing with Dickheads, Drama Queens, Tiresome Twits , Twats and Idiots, I worked with and put an extra effort in when dealing with obnoxious customers, Wannabees, Luvvies and know all's, I especially liked the woke crowd although back then they were just known as W*****'S or Flighty attention seeking C**S, no fancy terminology back then 😏

I got thinking recently that I'd have been locked up for actually doing my job which didn't involve tip toeing around people's feelings. I treated every one, equally in both praise, criticism and distain when called for.

I guess it was different times but my god I'd shudder to be working in any environment were you had to tip toe around people's feelings. Some of the finest Chefs I know are Gay , admittedly I don't know any Trans people but it seems to me the world is going quite mad with different groups competing to make the loudest noise, normally consisting of utter and incoherent nonsense.

I lasted 30 years with many achievements and colourful stories to reminisce about but Jesus wept I can see counselling training as being a prerequisite to achieving any professional Qualification soon , the world is really turning into a Nanny State 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In 2-12 (2012 so to speak) I asked a Nordren Irish colleague if they saw themselves (we didn't use the term "identify as" back then so to speak) as Irish, Nordren Irish, or British in their eyes so to speak. I wasn't being a d*ck or shlt-stirring, but it was a question I felt relatively comfortable asking considering the other half is a Nordie Prod and dat and would have come up as a conversation topic many times in my many visits and stays up North so to speak. Anyway, they didn't answer and stormed off to HR claiming I was "prejudiced" against them. 🙄 HR explained to them that it would be difficult to prove such prejudice seeing as I was married to a Nordie Prod...................

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

You left out:

Are you a man looking for a man who identifies as a woman?

Are you a man looking for a woman who identifies as as a man?

Are you a woman looking for a man who identifies as a woman?

Are you a woman looking for a woman who identifies as as a man?

Are you gender fluid and look for any of the above?

Are you gender fluid and looking for a gender fluid person?

Are you non-binary and looking for another non-binary person?

• Advertisement

I know I posted this earlier, but honestly, if you haven't ever seen it, please watch it - it's insightful:

You'll find that even if you think Piers Morgan is the biggest cnut on the planet that you'll more likely agree with him here than the person being interviewed. God help the poor children.

Advertisement