Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,887 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Someone on resetera noticed that Rollerdome, new game from OlliOlli devs that was down at recent state of play, is on the psn store but you can't pre-order it. It's also set for 3rd Tuesday in August, same as Stray is 3rd Tuesday in July. Rollerdome could be set for launching on Extra/Premium which i would very much welcome, could be a good laugh. Max Payne meets Tony Hawk on rollerskates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must go back and watch the trailer for that. When it started I thought it was just another multiplayer only game so didn't pay attention. But I saw after that it's a single player game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Even SP, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the art style. I reckon I'd get a headache quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Anyone else having trouble downloading this month's games? have tried on laptop and phone, but the option to add to library is not coming up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Same on console, showing price of games instead of "add to library".

• Advertisement

Yeah was the same here in the app, but seems to be working now

So we'll find out this week what the games will be with the US PS Plus release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

US list of games announced. Expect ours to be v similar

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/games/

Actually a bit shyte. Is that just Extra? I can't seem to switch between Extra and Premium, looks like that list is would be for PS Now games?

There's a few games there I'd like to play, Last Stop, Fire Pro Wrestling, The Artful Escape but nothing that would make me splash an extra 60 quid on top of a regular sub.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't scroll down far enough :D

Edit 2: Still shyte. Classics list contain nothing I want to play.

All opinions are my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s a pretty good list to me but opinions are going to vary so much on this, what represents good value for some will not be the case for others, depending mostly on how many of those games you already own.

I’ve yet to try Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, Demon’s Soups and Miles Morales so those already more than pay for the subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks like the PS1 games are NTSC in the US expect them to be the PAL versions here though for the language support.

Was hoping for 3d Dot Game Heroes but unlikely since don't think it ever got a digital release.

I'd gladly pay €60 if they let me play portal. I miss that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Wreckfest. That game is smashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭jj880

It's good. Very addictive. Was on ps plus a year ago. For some reason I remember a lad in the lobby chat asking "what game is this?" Someone replied "Its grand theft auto mate!" to everyone's amusement 😂. He didnt find it as funny. Got a bit thick about it.

Ton of actual classics that could be included like metal gear solids, silent hills, gran turismos, gta's, bully, max paynes, skates, tony hawks, def jam fight for new York, tony hawks, fight nights, tomb raiders, etc, etc. Games that actually bring me back to the great times with my ps1,2 &3. Not 95% of games i haven't even heard of. All for hidden gems and whatever but that list is not what i expected.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd love to play Silent Hill again.

Seems PS Now will lose games when merged into the new structure. There is a list here for the US. According to this you can download any games you want to finish off and play them for 13 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Played the first one on the Vita - worked great on that but it'd look like absolute dirt on a modern tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I have a 3 month PS Plus sub at the mo, forgot to turn off auto renew recently... Its off now. Up in August.

Been looking at buying RDR2 today as its discounted, but if its going to be part of PS+ Premium I will be holding off!

• Advertisement

I so wish I was playing Red Dead 2 for the first time.

One of the best experiences I have had in my whole gaming life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Notmything

Hi all, looking for some help

My kids currently have ps+ but for some reason the June games are not showing up when they go to access them.

They can seem them being advertised but the only games available are from May, April etc.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I watch a bit of RDR2 RP on Twitch at the mo, the game looks unreal. Loved the first one, no idea why I never got #2. Kind of makes me not want to wait for PS+ Premium!

I did, and the games are there, just they don't show up on the ps4 itself tho.

Are you using a PSN account with country set to the USA? There have been problems with unplayable content since the launch of the new PS plus there.

Only other thing I can think of is check the settings section in the PS App and go to Link Console To App just to make sure everything is in order with your console and account sign in.

Hi, thanks. I might check the location when I get home from work, the console is linked to the app. And I was able to download a game through the app without any issues.

I only installed the app yesterday as it was suggested as a workaround.

Thanks for the help so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone else having a problem with auto-renew for PS subscription services? Not the issue where it would turn itself back on even after you turned it off. I can't even turn it off in the first place. I keep getting a message reading, "Your subscription status hasn't changed. Try updating it again in a few moments." Been like this for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Playstation website is dire and is as bad as Argos Ireland's site in my opinion. Subscription changes haven't worked in months. Cancel your subscription through the console interface and it will work first time.

• Advertisement

I logged into my US PSN account to browse the new collections. There are actually a LOT of games I want to play on the Extra tier and very very few I want to play on Premium. The quality between Extra and Premium is shocking and Premium is nowhere near worth 120 a year at the moment. I'll definitely be upgrading to Extra until at least August as that's when my regular ps+ sub is due to expire. That will give me a couple of months to see how many games I get through but will probably keep it at Extra for games like which I would have been buying anyway.

One strange thing though, I thought I saw Return to Arkham on a list somewhere but the new collections just have Knight on Essential and Origins on Premium.

Advertisement