Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7.50 Euro for a Hot Dog in the AVIVA

• 13-06-2022 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭

The boom is back baby, 7.50 for a bun and a sausage in the Aviva on Saturday (Ireland v Scotland)

No onions, nothing just a withered Hot Dog. The sooner this recession comes the better !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

You weren't forced to buy it?

Even during the recession stadium prices were always high. There are numerous food options, ranging from shops like Spar, to fast food, to pubs, to chip vans within 20 minutes walk of the Aviva. In America a beer in a stadium will cost you around $13.

Hoping for a recession which will severely impact many, based on the prices of a hot dog in the Aviva, is shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭Xander10

The price range for some of the seats is more shocking. Stay at home, watch it on free to air and make your own hot dog with whatever fillings you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭I see sheep

*Lansdowne Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

**Burger Barry** is much cheaper @1.50 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

You are paying for the tiger meat in the sausage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Subsidising Stephen Kennys 550k a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

It's a rip off, but if no one bought them they might lower their prices. I would never buy food at matches, concerts etc. I always bring enough from home that will keep me going for the length of time that I am there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I give my wife a hot dog every nite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

funny that i do too. youve got lovely curtains fyi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I know ya I go round to your mother's while your at my place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

oh i know ya, the father says it just isnt the same without you. you never bring enough vaseline though apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Handy way to spend the extra €10 dole money I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

7.50 hotdogs is just one part of the John Delaney legacy tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah, I won't make it over tonight - can you, eh, "fill in" for me?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Of course it was pricey it's the Aviva ffs everyone knows stadiums serve overpriced crap food. No reason why you couldn't eat before or after the game. Your in the stadium what 2 hours or so beginning to end you can survive.

It does annoy me in the Aviva that they don't serve proper Coke anymore only Diet Coke and Zero and taking the bottle caps off is a loada bs too. I never saw the logic to that as you could just throw the whole bottle.

I was at a game in Italy a while back and they don't serve hot food at stadiums there only minerals and crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

They have a captive audience, I paid 7.50 for a very cheap Pinot Grigio locally recently, there is definitely a bit of price gouging going on at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭standardg60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I expect food prices to be high in stadiums because its a captive audience who are there for a couple of hours at least.

What I dont expect is to pay high prices for absolute crap like you do in Lansdowne. For 7.50 you'd think they would throw a few slivers of onions on a hot dog but as usual its the attitude of lets sell the cheapest crap for the highest price.

Was in Spurs stadium last year and there I had a kebab and halloumi fries for £9. It was top notch food and you'd didnt feel ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Paid 9 euro for a glass of Pinot Grigio in my local pub at the weekend, first time there since pre-covid, family event. Measure in the glass was about half what I'd pour at home too. Guinness at 5.80 was ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭6541

I never knew about the under ware index. This index can predict a recession or a recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Relikk

That's €2737.50 a year. That's a lot to be spending on hot dogs for anyone, let alone the wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Standard 'glass of wine' contains 125ml. 6 of those in a bottle.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭celt262

That's only part off the reason for taking the lid off its to stop people from falling by standing on a sealed bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The bottle caps…It’s probably to enable less cleaning up or an easier cleanup…and maybe so some people don’t slip on them plus…..they must be a bastard to get from underneath and between seats…

also the poxy thing is you’ll be inclined just to finish your drink in one go or quickly so you can’t spill it so maybe you’ll procure another one.

probably best thing as a fix is to bring a cap or two with you….

its not like the caps can be used as a weapon they weigh about .0000001 milligrams and would not hurt or damage anyone on impact. If a fullish bottle of liquid was to be thrown, to maximise damage just stuff napkins in the top that will prevent much of the liquid escaping…

if a patron wants to hurt a fellow matchgoer in a meaningful way with a projectile a coin would be a much more of an appropriate manner of doing so…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've been hit on the head twice by full 500ml bottles thrown though the air.

First time was at Glasonbury in 1999. Saw something way up in the sky, and I thought "That's coming straight for me". And next thing it hit me square in the face.

Next time was in 2018, I was walking on my own in Dublin, crossing the road at St. Andrew's Street/Suffolk Street at about 1 in the morning. There was no-one else about at all. Next thing I felt a thump on the back of my head, and a full 500ml bottle of Fanta fell to the ground. Looked around, there was literally no-one to be seen. No, I did not drink the magical sky Fanta.

Anyway, from experience, it's not that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fanta? That might have been what it said on the label but it was probably full of piss

Signs are on her to be fair... 😀

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Advertisement