Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Oh yeah for anyone not active on the Efestivals forum they might have missed that there are rail strikes in the UK Glastonbury weekend. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/07/rail-workers-to-stage-three-day-strike-in-june-over-possible-job-losses

The most likely to cause problems are on the Thursday. Wednesday should be normal. Could have a general impact of more people driving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You still have time, I wouldn't start worrying until next week. If they aren't going post them they'll tell you in good time but they likely will, they've always done it in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I only got my ticket today. I live in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Was thinking about this. I'm flying/coaching from Bristol. Yeah, could be a nightmare. Many people looking to drive (Can they still get a parking ticket?) What will happen to people who simply can't drive and had intended on relying on train to (Can't remember the station near) and then bus?

It's time enough yet for the unions and companies to come to an agreement yet but will be interesting.

Right now we are all in Weather and Strike (Train, Plane, Ferry) Watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Castle Cary is the station near the festival.

I don't really understand all the details but the general opinion over on E-festivals is that the strike will happen.

Most people come on the Wednesday and the gap in the strike seems to be some sort of acknowledgement that they don't want to mess with the main travel day for Glastonbury. There is currently a bunch of lift share offers etc going on over there so people are dealing with it as best they can but there are a lot of people who needed to travel Tuesday (either to be in the right place for a coach or to work at the festival) and of course people who'd have come on the Thursday who are very stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Just logged in to Seetickets this morning. Delivery Details has now changed to -'Tickets are in stock and will be despatched shortly to the address provided.'

Progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAEACA

My See Ticket account has been saying that since May.

Still no despatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Yea, same here, it's been saying that since middle of May at least if not longer on mine, only got the email which states same the other day 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Email reply from seeticket:

"Hi

Tickets are in the process of being sent but we cant confirm a specific dispatch date. If you would prefer to arrange the collect at box office though, we can arrange this (until the ticket is sent of course)."

I don't know what to do now, don't want to queue twice for ticket and entry, and want my ticket to avail of shuttle services etc 🤷

That's a joke of a reply. The festival is two weeks away and they can't tell you when they're going to post the ticket? I would reply and ask them if they can confirm that the ticket will arrive before whatever date you are supposed to leave on. If they can't confirm that and you get another bullsh!t answer I would suck it up and request box office collection. It's starting to feel like they've botched some aspect of this and aren't being straight up about it, either the printing or the subsequent logistics of getting the tickets out to people internationally. From reading efestivals it seems a lot of people in the UK are only getting their tickets this week which is definitely later than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

We booked an all inclusive package (includes our tickets) ..

we fly into Bristol Wednesday.. renting a car .. drive down to our campsite and then fly out Monday .. although apparently Bristol airport is a nightmare..

Bristol airport was fine any time I've been through. Where do you get your tickets?

Was fine the last 4 times we’ve been to Glastonbury too .. that’s not the case this year unfortunately they are suffering similar to Dublin airport ..

we get our tickets when we arrive at our campsite .. they have all our details and pre order on our behalf..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

We booked the coach package through See Tickets. Received an email the other week with our coach number and pickup point and the below about our actual festival entry tickets:

Happy enough to collect them on the coach, instead of worrying about will they be delivered or not etc.

ENTRY TICKETS:

As agreed at the point of purchase, you will need to collect your entry tickets on the coach. This is mandatory and no exceptions can be made.

Each individual entry ticket assigned to a registration will be individually sealed in an envelope. Each passenger must show a form of Identification in order to claim their entry ticket. As such all parties must be present on the coach in order to collect their entry ticket. The driver will only hand out entry tickets to those present on the coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just under 2 weeks out, and the ominous weather checking has begun!

Plan this year is Wednesday 1:50pm flight to Bristol from Knock, in at 3pm. Getting picked up at airport by lads who we're hiring camper from. Clear out suitcases into van and get on the road, stop en-route for Tesco shop for supplies/booze etc, on our way then. All this messing with picking up tickets and the like means I'd say we're unlikely to get the fireworks for once... hopefully, but I'd be unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Question, folks. Can you get flag-poles there? I never looked. Have a couple of flags with us this year - Small enough. Not like that stupid-ass American one a few years ago that caused all those headaches. Never looked in the shops over there onsite.

Still no positive sign of despatch, SEE have had a nightmare this year by the sounds of it.

I'm going to pop them off another email seeking final clarification on when tickets will be despatched. i fully expect to receive the usual generic response which people have been getting recently which will give no guarantee and ask if I want to switch back to Box Office.

To be honest, unless they are sent by close of business Monday, we'll have to default to Box Office collection. (and even that is tight timing).

Looking at prior years, it has always been 5 to 7 days from despatch in the UK to receiving in Ireland so on that basis, anything beyond a Monday despatch is then too tight to guarantee. I'd prefer to know the tickets are safe at the Box Office at that stage (regardless of the guaranteed hassle of access to the campervan fields without an actual pass and getting around to Gate A Tuesday night or Wednesday morning), than the s*hitshow that would be having the tickets mid transit when we leave in the early hours of Tuesday 21st).

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Good news - looks like they're finally starting to dispatch Irish tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I’ve just got my email saying that my car park ticket has being dispatched.My festival ticket was sent to the lead bookers address in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Karinw09

Hi folks, is anyone traveling on the aerlingus 17.20 flight from Dublin to Bristol. Looking at how to get to glastonbury seems difficult to say the least... looking into rideshare or share a taxi with people?

• Advertisement

flying Out Wednesday morning .. we’re forced to rent a car (complete waste) .. otherwise it’s a nightmare to get there need to shop for supplies too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ive gotten a taxi before to stop at Tesco or wherever for 10 minutes.

Not going to bother this year. Not bringing a lot with me.

Received this email from See at 8.45am this morning.

We are writing regarding your order for

GLASTONBURY 2022

at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset on 22nd - 26th June 2022.

Your ticket(s) have recently been printed so will be despatched shortly. You

will be notified via email once your order has been despatched.

If two days before the event you are still without your tickets or

you are no longer able to receive the tickets at the address you have

supplied to us then please

contact us at http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService

See Tickets dispatch tracker (if it can be believed) now at 97%. Safe to assume the 3% is largely made up of tickets bound for Ireland.

Seems that a new tracker has been added as the original tracker has been "stuck" on 55% for a few days now.

Anyone get a dispatch email yet today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

We are still seeing tickets in stock and will be despatched soon. Its not looking good at this stage for us. Also our campervan refs are showing and info at all and its saying no matching order. Seems like their system is having a spot of bother.

Yeah, I'm resigned to the fact that tickets won't be arriving prior to us setting off and it will be Box Office collection.

Wouldn't worry about the campervan issue. Our order says "no matching order" also.

Just going to bring the confirmation email I got when I booked the tickets and campervan and hope we get access to the campervan fields without issue on the Tuesday evening.

I'm hoping See will send some sort of email also which we can produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Apologies for the age-old and dull question people but I need some advice on tent purchases, not bought one in eight years. My two-person has had its day and I ain't taking the six-person. The Quechua one from Decathalon (which I've had before and liked) at €35 seems pretty great value. Or am I better off trying Mountain Warehouse or the middle aisle in Aldi/Lidl? It's not something I'll be getting much use from, Picnic later in the year and maybe one other weekend.

Any advice is appreciated.

I use this 3 person blackout poled tent - MH100 Fresh & Black - Decathlon it's great for sleeping because it's really dark inside. I wouldn't buy a super cheap tent in case it rains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks MadYaker, that's an excellent one though too big for me as I'm the only one who'll be using the tent this time (a bigger family one at home). Same waterproof protection as the €35 one, just narrower, lower and no blackout. Quechua seems the way to go anyway for a decent priced reliable tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Have to agree with MadYolk, the fresh and black tents are absolute game changers. If you're able to stretch that far on price, I'd absolutely do it.

It's also the perfect size for 1 person (2 is also good, 3 is a nope). You'll sleep comfortably and will have space for bags, beers, etc. next to you.

This might give you a better idea on size -

https://youtu.be/sJstllbbIcM

Advertisement