Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

Clothes on the line are my priority in terms of the rain 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

handy now though that they have gust values too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Apparently the app is getting the update later in the year too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was at bloom today; the bike parking is not fantastic and i suspect ran out quickly but at least was right beside the hut where the security guards are (at least at the 'back' entrance anyway, on the north road) so felt quite secure in that sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was there yesterday. I always just get a bus and walk in from navan road. I'm not ashamed to say I was a little drunk at about 1.30 walking around the gardens

• Advertisement

i didn't have that luxury, i barely saw any of it. and i was there for over 9 hours (manning a stand)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Any experience with ordering off Galibier lately? I've put in a small order on 1st June (bib, mitts, pair of socks), paid extra for faster and tracking. Nothing yet after a week gone already. Not great as a 1st order.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I ordered a t-shirt on May 23rd and it arrived on May 25th.

I'd drop them an email or send a message via Facebook.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The 2nd and 3rd were holidays in the north werent they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Yes, they were.

I've found it this morning. It was in 'when I'm not home place' which have not checked few days.

The reason I got confused was the confirmation email didn't have any tracking provided.

i can't wait for summer to arrive.

In decathlon. They have a single road bike that appears to be available, and it's €350. They still have two of the high end bikes on display but I overheard a discussion a while back that supply on them is sketchy. Nothing in between.

Though they do have a reasonably sturdy looking e-cargo bike for 2.8k, but the drivetrain seems unbranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,649 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah any of the times I’ve been up they don’t seem to have any stock at all, even the display ones seem to have been marked as display only for the most part.

Wonder is it a Brexit issue since they’ve a fair few on their UK site in comparison

i mentioned it in a whatsapp chat earlier, and one of the lads on it (who works in one of the big bike shops) responded with 'China's in lockdown again; i'd be hanging onto your bikes for a while'.

Yeah China coming out of lock down is one of the reasons they are using to explain the ramping up of fuel prices again in the last week.

Kunshan City being locked down was the one of interest to us as that is where Shimano are in China as well as being a a huge cog in the supply chain for iPhones I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I locked my family into the house this morning, somehow in my half awake state I locked one of the internal doors. No recollection of doing it as I never have done it before. All of the house keys are between that door and the outside doors. So they can get out a window but they can't get back in for food, bike keys, car keys, anything. Needless to say, I expect to be in trouble when I get back later on. At the quickest I wouldn't be back there until 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Ouch! I’d be couriering a key home rather than face the wrath later! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My daughter is currently driving cross country with a spare key. I still don't know how it happened as I've never locked the door inside before. Everyone seems calm and OK about it on the phone, which makes me more nervous. I was pleased to see my 8yo had managed to remove the saddle board and then stuck a sheet of paper under the door before trying to knock the key out using a pencil. I'm going to frame it as a life lesson on how to react in adverse situations. It hasn't worked yet but I think it was pretty good thinking on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

straight out of Enid Blyton that trick, I remember trying it myself after reading the Secret Seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Has anyone who has ever said I'm gonna phone the guards actually and pulled the phone out actually ever done it.

when i was knocked down about 20 years ago i did - no insurance disc on the car.

people who create segments on strava but have the end point just after the junction which defines the end are just the worst.

Out for a walk this evening with my wife and the kids. Hear this loud scrape from behind us as someone brakes too hard at a speed bump and without looking back herself says with absolute confidence "Golf, black, L plate" It had passed us going the other way about 5 minutes prior but I'd not seen or noticed it.

RAAM has gotten under way, Joe Barr is there of course and from the tracker is off to a very early lead. There's other Irish interest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

He seems to be doing the RAW - Race Across the West. I had never heard of that version until looking at the website there now.

I must keep an eye on how the GCN team are doing in RAAM as well!

• Advertisement

Advertisement