Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

Mitchell wicket might be crucial to outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

True. One thing that might hamper England… the light is looking very gloomy there in Nottingham…

if it ends up Leach and Root bowling… might as well give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

298 run chase. Will they even try? I don't think they will

will definitely have a go early. But if key wickets go early, might get more defensive.

a more interesting Day 5 than I thought possible after Day 3.

In his last 10 innings Zak Crawley has only managed to get a double figure score 3 times.

he looks like an absolute rabbit in the headlights early on… reminding me of his Dad who was exactly the same. Both stylish prolific stroke makers, but with a tendency to fail early and have all the appearances of quite nervy and jittery players.

still England only one down and very much still in this with a healthy run rate and batting to come…. But looking at that long tail too, hmm…

• Advertisement

After a solid enough start England lose a couple of extremely cheap wickets…Root will be particularly unimpressed as will his teammates as he gave catching practice to Trent Boult to see himself c&b back to the dressing room for 3… poor shot to a poor delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭MFPM

Boult played an important innings with the bat and is keeping England in check with the ball.

We can safely assume no chance of even trying to chase it down

Seems like stokes says no. We will still try

He’s scattered the field… two slips and no close catchers… this could backfire on NZ… this pair put on another 40 and it’s England in poll position… with their long tail they are not quite yet..

• Advertisement

NZ bowlers loosing discipline…and their judgement… trying to bounce out two players who are renowned for playing the short ball well..

this is carnage..

68 runs in 5 overs. Sheeet.

it like a 20/20 finish. boundaries galore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Gillespy

This is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

There’s no way this would have happened under last management.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Amazing stuff. Do feel sorry for NZ losing De Gronhomme and Williamson before this test, and a bowler light after the first innings as well.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

A poor effort by Tom Latham the stand-in skipper… 26 & 4 with the bat plus some rather dubious captaincy especially related to his field placements…he allowed the batsmen to scatter the field but the guy needed wickets …and having men in the deep did little to slow the run rate…

Great from Bairstow and Stokes though… brilliant positivity and aggression on a day 5 pitch with a total to chase.. and the time a factor..

England might just sneak a win against the Netherlands in this One Day game. Just the 498 runs to defend.

Hard for the Netherlands to compete when they are full strength, let alone a couple of players playing county cricket instead of for their country.

Excellent crowd though, and plenty of money going behind the bar for their board anyway.

All it is a fixture to raise a few bob and give Dutch players experience.

im not sure I’d be too enamoured as an English bowler running in, breaking my bôllocks just outside Amsterdam, in 29 degrees which I am reading it is… absolutely nothing in it for England…

id be a little suspect about the England lineup… they have only picked two out and out bowlers, the rest are batsmen or all rounders….save themselves knocking over the Netherlands for 140 ? Or am I being too cynical. They sure as shît don’t need the extra runs. David Willey is at number 9. Averages just under 24 with the bat and takes less then 2 wickets per match.

yes England played here when our team was of lesser aptitude but we still gave em a game, and were competitive.

this is absolute murder.

• Advertisement

Well I'm glad Salt, Butler and Livingstone are all there and not at Wantage Road in the Blast this evening.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

Amateur hour by the Dutch groundstaff. 18 overs are lost due to the pitch not being covered properly and rain getting in on the pitches..

How does that happen... ? covers just need to be in situ... not leaking and secured properly...

Each innings 41 overs now...

A one way training session. England 143-1 after 18.

Dutch crowd doing themselves no favours… multiple times a beachball get on the field stopping play…agro between the owners and the stewards…over a ball….then a pitch invader has to be very aggressively dealt with by police and stewards.

Odd to say the least.

I didn't really see any aggro. A two minute discussion about a beach ball is what I saw with a slightly over officious steward tbh, and pitch invaders get taken out far, far worse in other sports, plus they're a pain in the arse anyway so fupp em.

Morgan failed again, Netherlands have brought a bit of respectability back to the score line with a couple of good deliveries. Still a cakewalk but much more sedate scoring from England now (obviously they don't have to do anything else but I think they'd have preferred the wham bam thank you ma'am)

Just as I type that Ali is putting the accelerator down.

Well they had the individual down on the ground, so I’m presuming said individual wasn’t too compliant with requests to halt and leave the field of play…probably counts as aggro in the context of the days play.

Morgan is so out of form. 36 in a few months… real short of runs of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭MFPM

Alot more chat about Morgan and his place in the side, on batting alone he doesn't and hasn't for some time merited a place and he looks all over the place with the bat, he's not helped by the fact that his replacement Butler is in fine form...Interesting to see if he makes it to the T20 WC.

Quite like listening to Sangakkara on commentary, plenty of interesting things to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭cosatron

His very good. But they are really feeling the loss of Warne, bumble and holden. All the English commentators are very similar.You could listen to holden all day

As long as they don't foist Pietersen on us I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭cosatron

Pietersen and the lad with the high pitched voice on the ipl are dreadful.

Advertisement