Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I use a 3 man for myself and my gear but a 2 man would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks guys, you've probably convinced me. 😁😁 Very useful video, and the difference is pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone else find the lack of info for International travellers a bit concerning at this stage?

Need to collect 6 tickets across our group.. I assume "Box Office" is Pedestrian Gate A.. but also our CV ticket.

I'd hope they've huts outside somewhere or a printed confirmation will be enough for entry to CV fields but I doubt it.

So will we have to do to PGA before going onsite to get both. Seems madness!

Missus emailed SeeTickets a few times and got a generic "info will be communicated closer to time etc" but it's a week out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAEACA

Absolutely insane at this stage!! Cannot believe how poor the communication has been. They've had three years to prepare and we're sitting here, one week out, with no tickets, no campervan pass and no email outlining the plan.

Must say that the whole ticketing mess has taken some joy out of the usual build up week!!

We arrive at Glasto the Tuesday afternoon. Will the Box Office be open? Will we need to go to Gate A before heading to CV East? Will the email confirmation of the CV booking give us access to CV East but we then need to walk around the perimeter to Gate A and join the huge queues Wednesday morning? Will the email even allow us access to the one way road system to get to CV East?

These are the questions that need to be answered (assuming tickets don't arrive by next Monday morning which is cutting it so tight, it's really hard to believe!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

My guess is there's been a complete breakdown in communication between their support desk and those actually posting the tickets.

People are contacting with legitimate concerns around CV and parking passes but any updates aren't being relayed - or fully understood - by those actually distributing the tickets. My bet is that any of the Irish addresses that were updated to delivery are still being put aside when they get to the point of distribution.

It's filling me with zero confidence that there will being adequate planning in place for collection next week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just sent another email, let's see what they co.e back with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

A friend in Dublin actually received their ticket! He'd got the dispatched email on Friday and arrived today.

Progress. Looks promising, no email yet but this is an update from earlier this morning:

"Delivery Details

Tickets will be sent by secure delivery shortly to the address provided.

You will be required to sign for them.

Tickets have been sent to our secure courier on 14 Jun 2022."

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Lookin good. I got the same updated message with a tracker number. I'd imagine they'll be here in a few days

Yep, just got a dispatch letter. That was welcome!

• Advertisement

Dispatch email has arrived here also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

We've just recieved tracking info to the main ticket booker. I also recieved an email answer to my campervan ticket question directly saying that its shipping today with the other tickets.

Looks like things are moving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

Yes, similar dispatch email received, it's looking more positive for tickets in hand in Ireland before trip.

Pal in Dublin got her ticket today. Arrived three days after the dispatch mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Carbon copy reply from SeeTickets making the rounds.. zero worthwhile information on it!

"We're writing to you regarding your order for GLASTONBURY 2022 at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset on 22nd - 26th June 2022

We have arranged for you to collect your Glastonbury Festival ticket onsite from the International Ticket Collection Cabin. Please read the following information regarding the collection of your ticket carefully.

You will need to show valid photo ID, matching that of the lead name on your booking or the name on your ticket for individual tickets.

The International Ticket Collection Cabin point is located at the South Western edge of the Festival Bus Station, adjacent to Pedestrian Gate A.

The International Ticket Collection Cabin opening hours are:

- 8am - 8pm, Wednesday 22nd - Friday 24th June

- 10am - 6pm, Saturday 25th June

- 10am - 4pm, Sunday 26th June.

As well as a copy of this email, credit card bookers should take along the card used for the booking, whilst PayPal and Amazon customers should take along some official identification.

Only the account holder will be able to collect the tickets. You will also be asked to confirm your booking reference number, [redacted].

Kind regards,

See Tickets Customer Services"

I'm not sure if you contacted them to post your ticket out but those who did seem to (finally) have received dispatch notices and a pal in Dublin has already received hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Right, that's BTP out of the way, time to get attacking this Clashfinder in earnest. And do another festival wash. Safe to say the new Adidas Terrex hikers are well broken in after some soft conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Not everyone unfortunately, only 1 from our group has been dispatched despite all being previously updated to delivery.

Productivity in work is at al all time low today. I spend most of the time going over the clashfinder honing my schedule and thinking about the things I need to buy at the weekend.

I've just made my first attempt at the Clashfinder.

Christ 😂

• Advertisement

Clash-wise I find it much more bearable than almost any other year I've been. A few bad ones but generally getting to see almost all of what I want though rough for:

Supergrass v TLC

Plant & Krauss v Idles v Seun Kuti

Macca v Waterboys

Mary Chain v Paul H & Jacqui A

Billie Eilish v Primal Scream v The Damned (original line up for first time in four decades).

Caribou v Avalanches v Richard Thompson v Yard Act

Black Midi v Gabriels v Laura Veirs

Diana Ross v Fontaines

Kendrick v Pet Shop Boys v Courtney B v Suzanne Vega

Looks like a fair few but previous years have had that amount per day. Given I've seen most of them I'll probably go with those I've not seen or are unlikely to see again or whatever is best for a late night singalong.

Six sleeps people. Six sleeps.

List of all the bars on site. I think there's a few missing and it doesn't include crew bars.

The Beat Hotel is gone, sadly, something new on the same site but no idea what. The bridge beside it the worst bottleneck on site so I avoid that area.

Getting well excited now. still no sign of the ticket tho. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Anyone get theirs yet ?

Given it's a courier there are probably Saturday deliveries also.

Happy days folks. An post Tracker is saying 'post out for delivery' this morning.

Hopefully everyone gets theirs today 😁😁.

The weather is falling into place as well. I'm like a Kid at Christmas!!!

It's been renamed to Lonely Hearts Club, and is being run by the same folks. Sherelle (Thursday), Gabriels and Groove Armada (both Sunday) are the pick of the bunch. Not a place I'm keen on tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Beat Hotel is awful. The worst part of Brits on tour crammed into one place.

• Advertisement

Ticket out for delivery this morning. Usually get post around lunchtime so fingers crossed.

Advertisement