Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

I don't know what to say about this. Is a hospital a safe workplace for someone with CF?

Post edited by Dr Karl on

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

Argentina, defaults on its debt, gives sanctuary to war criminals. But it leads the way in some areas especially regarding radio hosts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Would she have been able to have a career in midwifery with her unfortunate condition? was it practical

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So we've had Trans, Wacko's , Feminists , Wimmin, more Wimmin, Retards, Disabled , wheelchair Karen's, who's up next to vent their frustrations

The Obese , Big Peeple

Those with a Limp left side

Those with a limp right side

Religious orders being stigmatised

Whining Teenagers generally

Whining Teenager doing leaving cert

Long Covid sufferers not being taken Seriously

Owners of Poodles (all genders)

Same sex couple's

No sex couple's

Peeple with Red hair

Peeple with enormous Feet

This could gone on till Christmas Folks 😳

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Madness imo. I can fully understand her having the ambition etc, but someone was a chronic extremely serious lung disease should not be delivering babies, performing operations etc for both their own and their patients’ welfare, imo. Someone newly born with CF now has the advantage of having initiated much earlier drug treatment to help prevent progression of CF to a disabling or life-threatening phase, so the future is much brighter.

There was a girl with CF who phoned Liveline during summer, complaining that she had missed lots of stay for Leaving Cert owing to her illness, and missing out on a college place to study to become a primary school teacher. She was going on about being vulnerable etc and no proper provisions made to help her.

I had a horrible few decades of disability (destroyed social life) with ulcerative colitis before I had major surgery, certainly few “provisions” encountered along the way. When I go on group holidays I’m always asked “why do you have that big luggage bag?” and I answer “to carry the appropriate stoma supplies for my fit which I wouldn’t be able to get abroad”. Last response was a gaggle of very well-meaning ladies declaring “omg, you are great to go away at all!”

Going through security I always have to have the bag examined by security officers, and for very good reason. Any wrongdoer could stick on a stoma bag, fill it with whatever, so they sometimes visually examine that it contains what it should do. Was done very subtly & discreetly by a female officer in Istanbul who obviously had the training for this. I suppose they are more aware in Middle East crossroads area. I know some would have objections, but a second thought about the why puts the reason into focus.

• Advertisement

• I am laughing out loud at this! Imagine Mein Host being told in court he must stay silent for 10 minutes while a cawlur talks! I

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Did Joe say something today about "sugar coating" words and language?

Highly offensive to those with type 2 diabetes, he needs to check himself.

CPL 593H

He'd literally explode and that would not be pretty to be near Cawlur 😁

• I made a suggestion on this thread, mightn’t be popular with CLONTERF residents.

• Advertisement

I kind of expected this petulance but my god the likes are increasing at an astonishing pace , Twitter might crash 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Oh Joe, your wokeness has backfired big time.

CPL 593H

Hopefully this will insure we'll hear no more of this utter Nonsense 🙏

But of course he'll get a few digs in, I'd say he's fuming tonight 😤 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 82,709 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Proper gold, Joe must have got a swift kick up the hole today, de Ghey flags will have to be put on half mast in de RTE Campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

And this, dear listeners is why the whole shebang has been made toxic and needs to be exposed to the public not hidden away again behind a colourful parade of approved people allowed speak on radio and tv purportedly representing everyone as it has been for the past 7 years at minimum. This is their shtick, probably drafted in Professor Panti's backroom between painting another transrainbow illegal zebra crossing to 'support the most vulnerable people ever in the history of the wurdild'

I fully expected this absolute hyperbolic, overblown hysterical toxic responses by yet another 'new umbrella' group which doesn't and couldn't have even the support of the 'vast majority' of LGB people. They appear to work up the numbers so they can make statements like the one below by assuming embedded NGOs like TENI, NWCI, Amnesty etc represent actual real life peoples opinions rather than opinions decided by committees.

A bit like our politicians being lobbied successfully & giving far too much weight to a set of agendas in the hope of votes without thinking through the possible consequences for society.

The tyranny of committees are allowed carte blanche (since 2015 at minimum)expound their beliefs in print and on the airwaves as if they are set in stone and sent from heaven meanwhile the actual majority of people are left scratching their collective heads when the odd time they are allowed a glimpse of the madness when it's respectfully challenged as on Liveline and God help me, it's not often at all that I give Duffy a hat tip.

Note the grandiose statement below, as if it is fact.

This. Is. ALL. The. Time.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well done Joe! You must be really proud of yourself tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Hard to know who are the bigger eejits - Duffy or Dublin Pride. When two great egos collide!

He'll be like a Dog tomorrow, Foul humour, may even take the day off (hopefully)

I actually found myself thinking, I'd like him to take another holiday, he's been especially painful since his return from last mysterious absence.

It will kill him not being able to say a wurd 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

And Joe thought he had problems when those antivaxurs camped outside de house

M

I see De Journal runs the story and what do you know the comments are turned off despite it not being an active criminal or court case. Though shalt not discuss thy sensible topic that needs more airtime, proper North Korean attitude...

• Advertisement

You can't say Camped Cawlur, Parked themselves is more appropriate (as long as they didn't use "Peeple of Determination" spots,) so to speak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Joe in a spotter of bother now. Will need to leave the country during proide week to escape de backlash but de platnum service at de airpawrt is closed....

I'm gutted for him 😭😭, maybe Tubs buddy with da helicopter could fly him to Shannon airpawrt, no delays there for mere mortals and he'll not loose his luggage 😉

Typical of the Journal, I think they knew the comments would light up and probably crash the site 😉

• It’s Proyde Month, cawlur. And one cawlur suggested it should last at LEAST 3 months.

I was just watching the like counter my god there's steam coming out of it 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Poor Joe has been proper gagged

Even RTE covering the news of cancellation of partnership with Pride.

Joe will be spittling 😁 how dare RTE cover anything disparaging of his Wurk

• Advertisement
    M

It's cowardly for Dublin Pride to not mention the exact day or caller they had the issue with, I felt listening to it that there were equal loons from different sides afforded time to speak. They should identify what their issue is with, I don't expect a single wurker in RTE to back up Joe or the show and question where the actual issue was, none will risk a fall from the great gravy train.

Advertisement