Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,710 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I guess his upcoming buke 'De Gheys Of The Rising' won't be greenlit for release this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I don't recall da thread been this busy at this hour for quite some Thyme, well, Done, Well Done and Thanks for Your service, so to speak 😁

• Advertisement

Just looking at CNN, jesus it's looking grim economically wise, i think it's looking more and more likely we're in for a wild ride 😳

No mention of the Breaking Pride news in Oirland so Joe would be safe in Florida with friend of the Show, Brendan O Coddle 😁

• Stumbled upon (eg like fell pregnant) someone on Tinder, good looking guy…. Two profiles, exact same person, one version with a thatch of hair and a bit younger, the other bald a a coot. I’m wondering if person is doing a social experiment, so to speak. 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 82,710 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes this winter will be particularly grim when the oil prices go off the scales. As with all things though once the Russians get tired of only being able to go on a waiting list for a new 1.2 litre Lada rather than being able to buy a Lambo off the forecourt the war will end, the oil will flow and it will be boom times again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭avfc1874

The show the last four days has been full flow woke Joe, trying his hardest not to offend anyone pretending he has an interest in LGBTQ , and disabilitys (person of determination ☹️🤔)

And what happens on twitter someone or they/them gets offended, hopefully now he will stop trying (pretending) to have an interest in these woke agendas and give proper story's like,

Mary your car was stolen you say, what colour was the car and did it have a name, ?

do you think somebody could have borrowed it maybe to pick up shopping for an elderly neighbour ,. And just forgot to tell you and will drop it back after lighting you a candle ?

No Joe he was definitely a junkie Joe

Ah Mary you mean he had a sickness?

Sorry Joe I meant to say it was definitely a junkie with a sickness 🤪

Post edited by avfc1874 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Berny from Artane with the basin on her head to get clothes off the clothes line to stop pigeons sh1ting on her was the type of liveline I like.

The prome at about 12.45 should be dropped and it has very little reference as to what is on the show and he will likely be payed to come in to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

De state of them.

Should have covered that McVerry bashing now, eh Joe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,585 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Petulant harridans all over the news now.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Just thought , I'd add a little colour to Cawlurs morning 😁 (I'm actually blinded by the sea of colour)

And these just a quick pick, I can just imagine what's in LGBT publications and Twitter in meltdown

Poor Joe, we must show some compassion so mine is this 🎻,

that's the smallest Violin in the Wurld 🤣

Could this finally the time , Montrosia put Duffy out to pasture 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he was constantly trying to be woke backing up that community and attacking the other side during the discussions and it has all blown up in his face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Any one who heard the show the last few days heard how Joe went out of his way to appease the woke crowd .

It just shows if woke Joe and rte get cancelled, we're all fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Winston Churchill opined that an appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile in the hope it eats him last.

It seems the crocodile has finally gotten around to eating RTE.

He also tripped over himself trying not to offend on the last show re the Trans debate and still made an arse (can i say dat) of it.

Whoy or how he and RTE thought reasoned debate with militant Woke shower on standby was possible on da live line is beyond me. I'm absolutely not saying debate should be stifled but seriously, Joe Duffy and the Live line was hardly the person or platform IMO, it needed a presenter with gravitas, understanding of the real world and a liitle more common sense and someone not afraid to call out nonsense, albeit, even with those characteristics they'd likely fail given the militant views of the woke Brigade.

Ironically most of what was discussed was inchorent nonsense, even the Cawlurs were confused about what they are or want from society, a Train wreck from start to finish IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

How much dosh will RTE lose from Dublin Pride cancelling its association with the state broadcaster?

I wonder does it all go back to Joe's former description of a small radio? It was time to settle an old score maybe Panti? Is it to do with the Live Toy Show pantomime and how it will affect the business of some Pride members? Is it cos RTE sport have a woman, a gay man and a straight man (if you dont mind) doing the hurling analysis?

Being serious though it shows how dangerous our new World is, since social media have set the agenda for what can and cannot be said.

Free speech seems only acceptable when it is acceptable to the Liberal loons.

What do we want - FREE SPEECH

When do we want it - WHEN IT SUITS US

Zero Dosh lost Cawlur and will actually save money on silly posters, Banners and Advertising for free etc, there's no monetary arrangement as part of the Partnership apart from what it costs the taxpayer for RTE to virtue Signal.

Actually a great decision financially

And your 100% correct about social media 😉

VM would love to jump in, they've lots of Luvvies on payroll would love nothing better to be covering Pride events, but VM skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

AN APOLOGY FROM THE RIGHT HONORABLE JOSEPH DUFFY ESQ., FIRST EARL OF DOLLYMOUNT STRAND.

Dear de gheys, lezzers, he/shes, carpet munching box eaters, ladyboys, trannies, non-binary, gender fluid people etc., etc.

Apparently I’ve offended some of yisser all? Would youz ever get a grip? Don’t yisser all know how woke I am? And don’t youz dare lecture me about language – I went to Trinity and I have de same education as Michael O’Leary. If anything, youz should be getting’ me in to do some work with youz (for a fee of course) and teachin’ yous about language.

Anyway, I do be takin’ some flak online over de last few days and to be honest I’ve a pain in me fanny wit de apparent cock up I made and I feel like a bit of a tit. I’m no TERF – how could I be? Shure the only time I’ve been to Offaly was to Tullamoray a few times and dat was for FunnyFryday. I especially respect de trans people so I do, it takes a lot of balls to go for the surgery and dat.

I’ve compiled a list of all de tings I do to be right on and woke and friendly to de gheys and de trans people and dat. Dis list is not exhaustive but is 100% dead proof dat I’m down wit de kool kidz and dat.

·        Shure didn’t I work for a man named Gay for years?

·        I regularly do de promo in a camp voice

·        I wance watched 2 episodes of “Will & Grace” on a plane

·        I used to handover to Derek Mooney for years

·        I met Jedward once

·        I’m friends with Row-wee Cowan and Twink

·        Wasn’t I on Mrs. Browniz Boyiz TV Show and in de moooovie filum. I’ve news for yisser all – Mrs. Browin is a man. Now, put dat in yer pipe and smoke it and don’t tell me I’m not friendly with de trans peeple

·        Woke McDermott was on me show a few times, and he’s very woke and not at all inappropriate or creepy

·        Al Porter was on FunnyFryday, I gave him a hand up with his career so to speak

·        There’s often gay jokes on FunnyFryday so to speak and they’re always hilarious and never outdated or inappropriate

·        I actually have a friend named Dorothy

·        Wan time I was in Spain and I got as cocktail with an umbrella in it – and a cherry

·        I used to watch Telly Bingo when de fella who hosts it was a woman, but now dat he’s a man I don’t watch it much anymore

·        Didn’t I encourage all de Dubalin Bus Drivers to take trannies on de bus, didn’t I?

·        Last year on de show a caller said she had a “an African Parrot” and I corrected her by telling her dare was no need to say “African” – all parrots do be equal

·        Don’t I be regularly telling people to check demselves?

·        I wance watched RuPaul’s Drag Race and actually fancied wan a de wimmin until I found out it was a man

·        I own a set of Dunnes Stores Francis Brennan Collection sheets

·        I went to de Eurovision wen it was on in de Pint Depot and dat

·        I love a big sausage in me coddle, sometimes two! Whooooo!

As a gesture of goodwill, I’m willing to give 2 signed copies of any of me bukes so dat yizzer all can auction dem off to the highest bidder and get a huge cash windfall – don’t go spending it all on glitter and feather boas or assless chaps now, dja hear me? He he he he he.

Yours in campness,

Joseph "Freedom For All on their Brave Journey/Praise Be To Allah" Duffy.

P.S. I'm changing the theme tune of de show to something more appropriate for de modrin times, "Equal Rights"

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Advertisement

This is simply and Brilliantly the Best post, Ever, Ever on Boards long history, I'm crying currently with both tears of Laughter and Joy. If I could thank 1000 times I wud 😁

If I could, I'd hand out an award, Prize, Freebie, Leg up (can i say dat), Mention in the Meedcha.

Well Done, Thanks sincerely for your Service, at a minimum deserving of the award of Freedom of Meath or dare I say, Doublin.

Brilliant 👏👏👏😁

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the Journal should be considered as much a news source as Boards.ie

Is it Thyme for something similar to Pets of da Pandemic (miss dat).

Virtue Signal of da day 🤔

Wokism of Da Minute 😏

That could be a very long list, especially as he starts to trip over himself to be even more woke than usual following his little faux pas............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

Joe will probably go back to something safe today like Versatis or we will have an incoherent statement about his wokeness.

Your correct, it would be impossible to keep up ( damn, can I even say Dat) this is crazy ( Jesus I can't even dat either 😳), I'm loosing it (a christ I give up 😁)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

The good thing is this exposes the Liberal loons as anti debate nazis which they really are. I guarantee an apology by joe today...

If yisser all haven't listened to "Equal Rights" (above) it's rather amusing so to speak.

I also think its actually becoming near impossible to have a reasoned debate about anything, literally anything without someone being enraged or offended.

Should be interesting to see if he makes an apology or even shows up 🤔

But then again what is he apologising for, I'm honestly bamboozled at this stage 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I think I'll check myself into a home for the bewildered, because I have no idea what the problem is!

Advertisement