Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Without being nosey, out of interest what is the GMFV for the M3 with the optional colour and is there a limit to what % deposit you can put down? Most manufacturers seem to limit it to 30%, TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I was hoping to get it emailed to me but that didn’t happen. For my needs I did it at 16k deposit over 3 and 4 years. 3 years was 570 odd a month and 4 years was 550 odd. The final payment was around 21k for 3 and over 17k for 4 years. Pretty sure the apr was 4.99% which is .9% higher than the hp. I noticed the uk is 5.9 on pcp over there.

no idea what the max Tesla do but the highest I’ve seen is 35%, with Toyota/Lexus I think it was.

I must say I was impressed with the test drive experience. Not having a sales man in your ear when you get there and when you come back from the drive was very pleasant. A far more relaxing experience and no bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Congrats ...you wont regret it unless you allow yourself obsess about delivery date....

• Advertisement

I’ve been through the waiting game with my gti clubsport order (I wanted to have one last ice blast since I knew electric is the future). I never got to test the clubsport but compared to the normal gti the model 3 is a much better experience and definitely quicker. Not the same handling, especially with the progressive steering that car had but the overall model 3 drive is very nice and doesn’t have excessive road noise like the golf.

it says January to February for my order but I’m not banking on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

The missus and I are in Kerry for the week on holiday in my 2022 RWD. We stopped at the Superchargers in Cork on the way and the car wouldn't charge. I was getting two errors, the charger has no power and there was a communication error with the charging equipment. Luckily there was a service tech there on his lunch break who was kind enough to help us out. He ran a remote diagnosis and found that the charge port ECU wasn't responding. He rebooted the ECU (disconnected its power supply) and the charging began. Told me that it could have just been a glitch and be fine or it could be a fault and could happen again, either way, I have a service scheduled for the 29th. Went to plug into the ESB charger in Kenmare last night and it took a few attempts to get working with the same errors showing on the screen again. I'm actually really nervous to drive around Kerry for the week now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Have you tried to AC charge?

If I was you I'd be taking any opportunistic AC charge you can get while down there to keep the battery SOC% as high as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

AC charging seems fine, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them for the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

One of the Main reason we got rid of EV was the above, as a business vehicle, it could not be relied on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It absolutely can. ICE cars have issues too, and like the Tesla in this instance, both would be under warranty anyway

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

At these prices i might actually afford one! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

Appreciate it doesnt work for some, but for me 18 months in and the gap on the savings I've made on my M3 as a company car (travelling all over the island) compared to my old ICE car is getting larger every week thanks to rising fuel prices.

Not having to pay for or schedule time for servicing twice year is a bonus I didnt account for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Model 3 SR+

Cork -> Leahy's Open farm -> Ballacolla -> Dublin

First time using the "Add Stop" feature of the navigation.

Speed limit most of the way, with the occasional overtake. Ballacolla was completely empty, 2 EV6s, a Kona, a Zoe all trying to get onto the ESB chargers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Some decent DC charging at Ionity earlier. 10% to 90% in 35 minutes & still pulling nearly 40kWs at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Some mega efficiency stuff.........

94Wh/km over the last 63kms & 120Wh/km over the last 681kms. Very little high speed/motorway driving there & driven very efficiently but with 58kWhs of usable energy, I reckon I could squeeze close to 600kms out of it, if I really tried & got the weather.

Scan my Tesla currently shows 60.7kWhs gross with a 2.7kWh top buffer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Be interesting to see will Tesla mess with that buffer like they did the Model S, 94 is a loopy figure

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes I am getting crazy efficiency often less than 10kWh/100 km on my cross country sub 80kmh routes. Cannot really go any faster, just means slowing right up every time you meet a wider vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I had the same experience at the bank holiday weekend in Ballacolla. ESB charges mobbed with an ID4 parked in the wrong spot near the high powered charger so essentially looked like it was block two spaces with more queueing. Other than a random camper ICE'ing the first bay it was free all around.

I have also been down in Mahon twice now - its a super spot really. Normally get down from the East with 20% left so charge away back up and go into the Centre to grab some food before heading back up home.

I do worry about them opening up the chargers to others - it could be carnage in the likes of Ballacolla at peak times.

It will be carnage because unlike all the other countries where the SuC's have been opened up, Ireland has a pi$$ poor charging network outside of Tesla, so if they do open up, they'll be swamped.. and all non Tesla's will spend additional time blocking the spaces not charging as they faff around with apps trying to get a charge started....

If a Tesla is parked at a SuC for 30 minutes, there's a good chance it'll be charging for at least 29 minutes 30 seconds of that 30 minutes thanks to plug & charge, but a non Tesla parked there for 30 minutes, might only get 26-27 minutes charging, so ultimately non Tesla's will spend longer occupying the SuC's (and potentially blocking the adjacent space for longer). Suddenly when it gets busy all those little additional delays will have a knock on effect and we'll see queues forming.

Our only saving grace is that we have so few SuC sites (and aren't likely to get a whole lot more due to our size), so they might not open them at all as where they have opened sites, those countries still have a good few that are Tesla only still.

• Advertisement

I wish you were right but I can see every SuC being open once the "pilot" is over, inevitable for a PLC to grab than Revenue stream

Got sent the quotes today. The above is incorrect. The guy in the showroom did the quotes on the figure with the grant taken off where as the ones I was sent today had the 5k grant included in the total amount and it was explained that the grant had to come off the deposit amount and the max is 30%. The other difference is the final payment was higher at 26k but I’m happy that as I don’t seeing it being worth less than than 36k in 3 years and that is being conservative imo.

not exact but the figures on the 3 year are roughly 12,700 deposit as the grant comes off there so that is the max I am allowed put in. 570 a month and 26k final payment. Strangely their 4 year quote was around 590 but a much lower final payment of around 17k. The apr is 4.95% and not 4.99 like I previously said.

I did a rough work out of how much I would save in fuel a month and it’s at least 220, not to mention cheaper maintenance and tax that’s nearly 6 times cheaper a year. But then my car does only do about 28/29mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

So I like to see how much I can manipulate / find loopholes. For the model 3 if I order the base model with metallic paint and nothing else I get the grant of 5k.

after delivery could I upgrade to the bigger tyre? Also add on the autopilot (this looks possible )?

my reasoning is you order the car, get the 5k grant and then use those grant savings to get the post delivery specs desired. Ideally Tesla would price in the metallic paint and bigger tyres to be under 60k…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Getting autopilot is easy purchase on the app. Getting bigger wheels is possible probably as aftermarket but you sell the old ones privately. Tesla IE doesn't have anything in stock. In the US they sell the 19" for $3.5k and 20" for $4k.

Just remember every Tesla comes with AutoPilot as standard (Traffic aware cruise control & AutoSteer), and for most this is more than sufficient, particularly in Ireland.

The next levels up are Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP) & Full Self Drive (FSD), and if you ever want them down the line*, they are simply a paid for software unlock that you can do in seconds (the same as the acceleration boost on the Long Range).

*Note to anyone ever considering ordering EAP or FSD at time of ordering the car.... DON'T. Wait til you have collected the car. As if you do add them on at time of order, you'll be pushing up the overall purchase price of the car and will pay more VRT because of it. (It would probably also knock the cheapest RWD out of grant territory).

Be interested to hear how you get on post service I have not experienced any problems but it is experiences like yours that makes everyone nervous. Hopefully a once off experience but it would be great if you update the forum after your service. Enjoy Kerry!

To ddarcy . If you are set on a Mod 3 RWD you are correct in that you can get the metalic option (Black, Blue or Grey but not Red) and still qualify for the 5K grant. Whatever about tyres I feel sure that once you get your car with the Autopilot (which is already included and activated on ALL models), you will most likely conclude that it makes no sense to pay more for enhancements which at this stage are limited in their functionality in the Irish market.

As it relates to tyres if I was a betting man I suspect you may also choose not to incur significant costs post delivery to upgrade. You may prefer the aesthetic look but the base 18" give better range and also more comfortable ride. Personal choice after that.

Even with Air Suspension on my last Tesla I went for the "smallest" 19" wheel, comfort is everything so went for the 18" on current M3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

Also I would expect FSD & EAP will be available at some point here on monthly subscription like it is in the US:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Advertisement