Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Looks fab 👌

Typical Irish Hotel breakfast if its not a ghastly buffet and Chefs not hungover

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, I thought first this was a joke, did they get written complaints from the populous of the monkey enclosure in Doubalin Zoo?

What other virus and disease names that can transmit to humans could be offensize to wild animals...

Anthrax

Australian bat lyssavirus

Chickenpox

Hendra virus

Salmonella

Screw-worm fly

They've opened up a can of worms the Gobshytes

All real illness

Sleeping Beauty Syndrome

Stone Man's Disease

Imposter Syndrome

Alice in Wonderland Syndrome

Mad cow disease

This one will be tricky.....😁

Dyke-Davidoff-Masson syndrome

M

Black man's pinch is not something you can say now either for a blood blister injury...

Noun: A bubble of blackened blood trapped under the skin, as is caused when one traps a web of skin in a mousetrap, hits it with a hammer or similar. White kids in the 1970s said it.

Adult: "Ouch! I've given myself a black man's pinch in the edge of that drop-leaf dining table."

Child: "That phrase is outdated and pejorative to black people. Please don't use it again."

Adult: "You're right. I'm sorry. What should I say instead."

Child: "Subcutaneous haematoma would be both the medically and politically correct term for such a contusion."

Adult: "Thank you for making me a better human being. By the way, what would be the medically and politically correct term for such a contusion as would be caused by a hefty clip round the ear?"

Child: "You appear to be condoning an act of physical abuse toward a minor. I'm calling Social Services."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=black%20man%27s%20pinch

Is that what a B****K man pinch is , well I never realised it was called dat 😏

• Advertisement

I've been thinking about what Boards posting will look like by 2030 .

*******🙄 ****** 🤮**** 😆****😳 **** **** **********🧐 ** ***** 🤣

We may as well go back to morse code Cawlurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

European Commission vice-president Maros Sefcovic said there was "no legal or political justification whatsoever for unilaterally changing an international agreement".

"So let's call a spade a spade, this is illegal," Mr Sefcovic said, 😂😂😂

• To be fair an Irish Bed & breakfast establishment usually does an excellent breakfast. Hotel offerings are usually unacceptable, with some exceptions usually in smaller hotels where it’s cooked to order.

The best buffet offering I had recently was at the cheap & cheerful Travelodge in London, they kept replacing the fare, so it wasn’t lingering there.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Woke Joe do be in trouble it seems. Would be an awful shame if he was cancelled…..and by awful shame I mean long overdue.

• A professional type career where you only need a Leaving Cert. Air Traffic Controller. If you’re suitable they will teach you. In Joe’s wurrrld, anyone who wants should be able to become one, even if you would be an accident just waiting to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

A "Premium" product if you don't mind, none of those unwashed student hippies stayin in hostels for us, they might only come back when they have money, oh no its a PREMIUM product we're offering, ie get the coaches in, fleece em, shake em down before they know what hit them, smiling all the while in that insincere way, an send em on their way, they'll catch them once but they wont catch 98% of them a second time, an then it'll be "oh please please gubbermint help us, we're on our knees

And of course 100% correct , I should have mentioned that . The harsh reality has been hotels now almost looked at Breakfast service as an inconvenience, most are now doing these Horrid buffets , if your down early enough , Ok'ish, late and your confronted with shrivelled bacon, leathery sausages and black scrambled egg. Generally rancid artificial juices and unknown brand of cereals , you might be lucky to get fruit and cheap yoghurts and of course cold Toast. Occasionally a defrosted scone might be begrudgingly thrown your way., Some Actually charging for breakfast too.

Guest houses, B&B's know Breakfast is an integral part of their business and make extra effort to insure freshness and quality, Higher grade hotels too in fairness.

So true and watch this space, after a summer of epic gouging and the country on its knees , what sector will be first to have their hands out for government supports 🧐

• Maybe instead of having to choose written wurds we should employ Japanese kanji of Chinese logograms to define written semantics. But they would inevitably have or later acquire inherent undesirable connotations too. Irish Sign Language could be an alternative to the spoken wurd… but is ISL entirely #woke in its symbolism? Must do sone research so to speak.

Or Perhaps

But I'm a little concerned about M & N Cawlur, O & X might also be misinterpreted 🤔🤔

😁

• I see where eg Mandarin before the 1900s used non gendered pronoun logograms, then Western influences caused them to incorporate language elements to distinguish make from female. And now they are sort of reverting back again, so to speak.

I see where Turkish and Indonesian don’t have gendered pronouns at all, everything and everyone is an it/they. This must also cause Trans issues in that people who have a strong desire to identify as a particular gender are without the language tools to do so! They can demand to be called he/him or she/her, because there’s no such thing in those languages that don’t support gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Good article. This line in particular will send them into a rabid rage for comparing them with their arch enemy the Catholic Church:

"The organisers said they were both “angered and disappointed” that these discussions had been “given a platform”. 

Substitute “bishops” for “organisers” and that last sentence could well have been written 50 years ago by the Catholic Press Office following an edition of The Late, Late Show discussing the lives of same-sex couples."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

We're all gonna have to go back to these - huge woke PC problem in the 40's too apparently

If you typed 'change monkeypox name' in, it read - wanker...unless you had today's code

M

I like his comparison to Section 31, that's literally the direction it will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Why does he always look like he's bursting for a sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

That is what I was thinking as well. Now in Belfast they are trying to contact people who may have been infected with TB in 2019 in the Royal Victoria Hospital. Definitely not a suitable career for some with CF or other similar conditions.

There might be a job available for a radio host in Saudi Arabia. Especially for one who regularly praise the prophet, but it will have to be done in a more respectful manner than currently. No need for presbyteries there as those with the illness of taking people's property without permission are dealt with swiftly. No 600 chances there. No waiting for someone to turn 30.

Also low tax

Or Arlene could put in a good word at GB News

@GBNEWS

'One place I get the feeling is not celebrating the holy month of pride, is Saudi Arabia.' The Headliners react to an article in The Guardian: Saudi authorities seize rainbow toys

Post edited by Dr Karl on

Do RTE staff receive the same training?

Ps Bonus grave story after 9.30 news.

Post edited by Dr Karl on

Of course this common from the minister who doesn't like "Vigorous" debate on more pressing matters, such as Mother & Baby homes, Historical institional abuse, The utterly shameful Tuam baby burial scandal.

Snowflake? Me? That is quite simply the funniest sh*t I've ever heard. You obviously haven't got a focking clue about me or my post history on boards to come out with nonsense like that. I've been called many things on my time on boards, but snowflake is a first. Even my biggest critics on here (and I have many) wouldn't ever accuse me of that! Without question I am and have been for many years the biggest critic of the absolute moron that is Joe Duffy on boards - and my post history proves it. You accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about or the context behind it yet waltz in out of nowhere in the last few days hurling insults and generally talking nonsense. I've been on the Radio forum pretty much daily for almost 13 years; you're on it, what, 3 days and think you have knowledge of everyone's posting style?

And all of this because I dared to question you over your use of the term "nation" when referring to the show's call lists, and the inclusion of regulars callers by the show's staff?

You still haven't answered any of the questions I asked and are resorting to petty personal insults again, which is typical of a certain cohort of poster. Let's just leave it there, can't be arsed with you anymore.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod Note

Enough of the on thread bickering, I don't have time to go back pages to find the source/issues, so this is the one and only warning. Anymore and its a one day ban and will rise from that point. If you really want to continue take it to pm. I've deleted some posts.

Take a minute and have a look at the charter if you need any reminding.

• Advertisement

Advertisement