Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Hi,

Also, is the standard cruise control 'adaptive CC' or just standard?

Thanks,

Mike

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Adaptive.

you can cross the M50 without tipping any of the pedals if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Another $2,500 gone onto the Model 3 yesterday going by the above. All other models gone up even more.

Will they increase prices here again?

Edit: If they go up more than €2,010 here then they'll have no car eligible for the grant. My money would be a €2,000 increase if they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Will they increase prices here again?

Probably.

It won't take too much more to push all their offerings here outside the €5k grant limit. The "$35k Model 3" will likely soon be €60k+ here 😕.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

• Advertisement

Changing lane will not disable AutoPilot/adaptive cruise control, it will only disengage autosteer (on non EAP/FSD cars) if it’s activated in conjunction with AutoPilot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Get your deposits down to lock in before increases, generally guts of 2/3 days from US price increase to Euro updates

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I'd say the way things are going you could buy it at current prices and then sell it €60K a week later and pocket the profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

All teslas sold here that havent done many miles have probably increased in value in the past 12 months. This will just add to that, especially if the base SR+ no longer qualifies for the 5k grant as that would add 5k to used models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

For home charging, has anyone got the Tesla Wall Connector installed? Seemingly the 3rd generation is a significant improvement over 2nd gen. Found this video, this guy is an electrician and installed the 3rd gen in his own house and some very positive comments about the latest connector.

https://youtu.be/kZePyRgSfjs

• Advertisement

I have the gen 2 and it charges my car. I'd suspect the gen 3 would also charge my car.

The gen 2 now is only available with 2.6m cable now, so if that worked for someone, I couldn't see any reason to go for the more expensive gen 3

The Gen3 is basically better because of load balancing and wifi support. If you need a "dumb" charger then the gen2 is perfectly competent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

There appears to be some significant improves in gen3 e.g. smart (OTA updates), lighter/thinner cable and big safety improvements built-in, but I don't think that would warrant replacing one that is already installed/working!

The "cheapest" Model 3 didn't increase in price & that's the only one that still qualifies for the grant here. If the grant goes in the interim, one could still end up paying the €5k extra, by the time the car comes, which could be a year from now.

The non-refundable deposit is €250 these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

Thanks.

I've yet to hear back from Tesla regarding the remote diagnosis but thankfully I've been able to use the ESB 'fast' chargers down here with only a couple of hiccups. I'll be dropping by the Cork Superchargers on my way home on Saturday, so we'll see if I can charge at them. Currently, the mobile service is scheduled for the 29th of this month.

I've yet to hear back from Tesla regarding the remote diagnosis......Currently, the mobile service is scheduled for the 29th of this month.

My recent experience of Tesla's mobile service/remote diagnostics:

Service appointment made on app. Earliest date was 4 weeks out IIRC. A few days before THAT date, Tesla texted to say they had determined my car needed a part. This part wasn't in stock so they kicked it out another 10 days.

They could have remotely diagnosed the issue a day or two after I requested service & ordered the part, but left it until the 4 weeks was almost up & THEN kicked it out further, to get the part. The mobile service tech was great but it's pretty poor service IMO.

We couldn't really use our Model 3 during that time due to the issue, so very unsatisfactory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

We need a new rear lamp due to condensation. The ranger call has been pushed up and up as there are no parts available. Was due to be replaced already back in mid-May and the current ETA is 29th June. It has been rescheduled twice since the initial call to Sandyford to confirm the issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Being a Tesla owner 2yrs+, Inventory holding was always an issue and Tesla only use ground shipping to make wait worse. There are a LOT more Tesla's on Irish roads the last 12months but staffing has not increased proportionally

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

You can drive away with that issue though. Our car could not be locked, or if locked, would often unlock itself & remain unlocked, mirrors folded out etc. The way Teslas attract attention, we couldn't park it anywhere in public. Mrs. K arrived back to it one dark evening & it was unlocked with the door partially open. It appeared powered on.

That was the last time she took it anywhere she had to park publically, until they fixed it, after 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

I only took delivery of my Model3 in March but am very tempted to put an order in for a similar spec. With estimated delivery now Q1 2023 I take the view that if I am offered one then I can defer for a little and then take a new one later in the year. It is likely that price will have increased by then and hence value of the current Tesla will have increased (as it did before the last price hike. Its a EUR250 option and just might pay off....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Question for anyone who has deferred delivery, thinking about pulling the trigger and the estimated delivery is Q1 2023, ideally I wouldn’t want the car until Q2 is it possible to push delivery to the next quarter without penalty?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No. They will give your car to someone else and put you to the bottom of the list for next delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Base white Model 3 rwd now 56k euro in UK due to price increase overnight, so if anyone is thinking about it then put down a deposit ASAP as any price increase here and you'd lose the 5k grant as well

It'll be probably Monday before they increase the price here. I'm sticking to my guess that the cheapest they'll offer will be €59,990 less the €5,000 grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Yes but currently a base white with 18" aero wheels is €53k, add red paint ( €2300 option) & leave the 18" aero wheels & it becomes €60k, so it looks like once you go over 55k you loose the full 5k grant

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Based on the conversation here yesterday re: price increases, I pulled the trigger last night on a Model 3 RWD.

White with white interior on 18" Aero wheels.. Decent value at €54,262...

Mike

The €53K is the ex grant price. If you add red paint the price before grant then goes to €60,300 and you don't qualify anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Where are the frantic boat watchers gone? We used to have a regular feed/photos of Tesla car carriers taken by brave boardsies who boarded skiffs and made camera passes at close range as they approached the Irish coast.

• Advertisement

They all have their cars now I guess

Advertisement