Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Fantastic day in Sligo as I'm finished work for the week today. Raining and 14c again though. (Warmer rain than yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Warm in the East 19 degrees in Casement in clear skies

EIME 160900Z 24008KT CAVOK 19/12

Miserable in the West : Knock light rain 12 degrees 6km vis

EIKN 160900Z 19008KT 140V250 6000 -RA SCT010 BKN030 BKN075 12/12 Q1020 TEMPO BKN004

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

That pesky breeze is back in the SE again once again taking the edge off the temps. It’s a nice day though hazy sunshine and relatively warm. It’s not hot or anything and like I said that breeze is there. Last night was the best night of the summer by a distance.

Is it possible to have SADS in June!? We had an amazing June bank holiday weekend and since then, it has been crappy, dull, drizzly and rainy days. This is about the 3rd day where I've tried to go for a walk and it starts to rain again.

Just all so mehhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Absolutely glorious in Southampton today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fairly cloudy today in Meath, it's warm tho 21C. If we were to enjoy unbroken blue skies like England temperatures would be at least 23 or 24 today but with all this cloud around temperatures are held back by several degrees. Hopefully the sun will come out during the afteroon because today is the best chance for low twenties away from the far south-east of the country until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yeah, it's a pity the sun won't break through.

Today is technically warmer than yesterday but yesterday felt nicer as so much sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Oak Park and Phoenix Park 22 degrees @1pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sun beginning to poke behind the clouds here now, perhaps a sign that sun will become more widespread as the afternoon goes on.

Tomorrow is pretty much a bust for warmth away from southern Wicklow, Wexford and perhaps Waterford so make the most of todays warmth. However the first half of next week could be low 20s again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Nice in Dublin. Very humid when out for a run!!

• Advertisement

Theres a new Davis station on the weatherlink map beside poulaphuca lake in Co Wicklow currently nudging 23c

Very much depends on wind direction here in Arklow and cloud cover from a nimby perspective

The marine layer needs a westerly,south-westerly,northwesterly or even a northerly to push that layer out of the 5kms inland or so that it soaks into

If there's any south element, it's sea air,so a bust

We'll see anyway,my hunch is cloud will goose it

Going on today anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Just back from a run myself around Killiney/Dalkey lots of mist and I found it cool out no real warmth.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

I've a feeling 23C maybe the highest temperare we will see today and not even sure anywhere will make that tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday looks best for 20 or 21C. After that a cooler airmass may take over for the rest of June from the north or north-east. This June could end up with very low maximums just like May if an official station doesn't reach 24C either today or tomorrow. There are still parts of Ireland waiting for their first 20C of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭boetstark

Ah not to worry , appledrop says it could be a scorcher , real warmth this morning 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sun breaking through in Sligo 18.4c

Definitely a score for the good days despite morning light bits of rain

10-6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Just drove from inland Meath to west Dublin city. Hovered between 22° and 23° for the first half of the drive, got to 24/25° passing Maynooth and by the time I was driving down the Naas Road from the Red Cow, it was hovering between 25° and 26° - Had that lovely feeling of heat when I opened the car door.

Ah here leave it out🤣

Currently 22 degrees here in my back garden, it is a scorcher😎

Busy filling up the paddling pool for 5 year old, heatwave will be over before it's full.

Glad it has improved for you up there pauldry.

If there is one thing the rest of country hates,its the dubs getting the good weather all to themselves.

Reached 23C here in Meath, at one stage my phone did report 24C but unless Dunsany reports 24C it won't be official. Sunshine still on the dissapointing side, it was nice there for about an hour between 2.30 and 3.30 but it's gone mostly cloudy again. If we had unbroken sunshine across Leinster today i'd say we easily would have gotten to 25C in several places if not higher. Sun really has been very limited today but anytime it pokes behind the clouds the temperature just lifts up.

• Advertisement

breezy And cloudy in dungarvan temp hovering around 18.5 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

yea very warm in Navan but no sun really. any chance clouds could break this evening?

Not much sunshine today i'm afriad, other than the odd short lived appearance of sun.

24C was reached today in Dublin at Churchtown.

Is anyone else experiencing the breeze today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Cloudy overcast morning with a few spits of rain. Cleared up for a while and felt very warm, cloudy again with the Sun trying to peak out now and again but still warm out.

Not in Meath anyway. From the looks of the temperatuare profile there is a fair bit of sea breeze cooling going on with southern coastal counties with that long sea fetch between northern Spain and our south coast. If we had the oven of France lying just to our south the temperatures would be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's mad how Ireland just completely misses out on all the heat, but who'd want 40c anyway. Here in London supposed to be ridiculous tomorrow, 34c+, but Ireland could be some kind of life raft in the future when these heatwaves are happening more and more frequently!

Ireland misses out on these plumes every single time because our terrible Geography surrounded on 3 sides by cool summertime Atlantic waters. Over 1000km of sea to our south, west and north. We would need a long fetch South-easterly from Algeria up through France, then England crossing the Irish sea and into Ireland for widespread temperatures of 30C or more, something we never seem to get. This is probably why most of us will never see that 33C all time record beaten in our lifetimes. Mid to high 20s is the best we usually get under perfect conditons with the exception of one or two places like Shannon Airport which can mange to scrape a 30 to 32C on the rarest of rare occassions. Sadly when we do get a south-easterly going the sea breezes puts curtains on temperatures like 30C across most of Leinster and much of Munster due to those sea breezes which can extend quite a distance inland.

Unlike England we don't have any suitable landmass just to our south to draw the heat in from and they are positioned further east which also helps them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Temperatures have lifted here in carrick was 18 now its 21c, very humid out too, i don't think we'll get any thunderstorms on Saturday or Sunday that's mostly concentrated for southern wales and England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I presume the cirrus now covering the sun (all 15 mins of it today!) is a sign of this ‘fine spell’ coming to an end as that Atlantic cold front approaches.

So the ‘fine spell’ that never even started is coming to an end.

These Euro heatwaves which are coming more extreme only mean more cloud for us due to us being surrounded by cold sea.

Advertisement