Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

The point of the grant is to encourage the early adoption of EVs and offset the price difference between cheaper petrol and diesel cars. This grant will not be around for too much longer, but to be effective and achieve its goal it needs to help people make the switch at all levels. To date, it has been reasonably successful but with current fuel prices, one could argue its days are limited.

My point is simply that they set an arbitrary cap of 60K and with 12.7% inflation, this needs to be adjusted while they deem the grant still necessary. It has nothing to do with morals, but more with reducing our CO2 emissions, the health of our children, and the fines as a country we will be paying for many years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

They are doing the same with the ioniq 5 introducing the platinum under the premium plus spec. Has the best high spec like vision roof and driver aids but HDA 1.5 instead of HDA 2.

Drops V2L but that can be brought after market.

Being a sister car would make sense EV6 will do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

The EV grant is enough to almost cover the full maintenance grant for a child from the poorest of backgrounds to go to college for a year. I see your point but there is an opportunity cost to all government policies. Demand for EVs are far far out stripping supply and there is a question if the grant is merely compensating consumption that would have occured regardless. Certainly I feel the higher the grant the more likely it's just subbing the purchase of better trims.

The HDA bit is confusing, both Irish versions where missing the side radar so had a lower HDA than the UK equivalent. I'd say the thing that gets pulled will be the heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

I wonder what mobile phone are you having since both of us are having the same issue? Maybe its linked to particular Android IO? My previous phone worked flawlessly with all applications. Im still no where closer to solve this mystery🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

The heat pump is becoming fairly standard now even on might range cars. I'd say the half glass roof would go before the heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

Interesting alright. My phone is a Samsung S9, i am on Android v10 i think....It has never worked for me, but i have only ever had it on this same phone. Its a complete pain, makes the app useless outside the house - i get a message to say the doors are unlocked, but cant open the app to lock them 🙄.

Thats really weird! Im on S21 and same thing happens - once im switched to mobile network kia app stops working. However on old S10+ all worked like a charm! Now I know its not an isolated incident. Would it be a common glitch with random Samsung branded phones? Wonder would any software updates could resolve this issue🤔 So far I was unable to find any resolution online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

What network provider are ye both with?

if it works on Wifi, and not Mobile Data, it may be the provider that may be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

What is the current wait time now for an EV6?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

1 year. July 2023 if order placed this month

no its def not provider. im with tesco mobile. they even suggested replacing aging sim card but that did not resolve the matter. some all apps but KIA Connect work on mobile network so that eliminates that aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Got my first recall letter this morning, recall number 221058 Shifter Control Unit (SCU)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Came to post the same thing, first recall letter.

If only there was an email address attached to send some feedback to the "Ownership Experience" team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

What would you say to them?

Maybe they peruse boards! 😊

As an aside, only checked last night if the trucker's strike got sorted in South Korea. Looks like it ended last Wednesday or so.

One less reason for delayed deliveries at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

... I know, I just convinced the other half to go full electric rather than hybrid - test drove the ID4, Ioniq and EV6 ( didn't drive the C40 as it was too expensive - 60k limit). This really puts back to square 1, we probably would have accepted Jan 2023 delivery but not sure we can wait as long as July next year.

My usual request of "get your finger out with the update that allows battery preconditioning when I navigate to an Ionity charger" is still number 1 priority.

But it's the little things that would benefit from some polish (the stuff you only find out after using the car daily): like what is causing my user profile (in car) to forget some of my settings and returning to the default settings (say icon placement on the main screen returns to the default position every now and then; I've ZERO use for taking voice memo notes while driving so I don't want it on my home screen).

It still bugs me that the "Driver 2" profile name won't ever save (it's returns to "Driver 2" or "user 2" once the car is turned off).

In an ideal world I'd like to be able to "child lock" the rear seat heaters (like with the rear windows) - my kids are in booster seats but still put the seat warmers on for the laugh.

Maybe if i'm being picky let me choose the colour of the ambient lighting assigned to each drive mode, this isn't important I know but why not.

Assuming the major issues get tackled (pre-heating and pre-conditioning of the battery), I can live with the minor irks (as I assume they're not reading this goldmine of a boards thread).

got the same letter in post. wonder how safe it is to use parking on the incline now since it can be accidentally disengaged🙄

I wouldn’t be worried about it tbh, I would suggest you book it in today and in the unlikely event of something happens before job is done I doubt you would be left out of pocket as Kia have acknowledged the fault in writing and you have the job scheduled.

I left mine parked up for 2 weeks recently while out of country and it did not move an inch!

Mine is going in next Friday & I was told there are 3 updates in total that will be completed at same time, so it will take about 2 hours.

• Advertisement

I'm going in next Friday too, do you know what the 3 updates are for? Perhaps a couple of firmware updates and a nav/entertainment update?

I called about updates about 2 months ago to ask if there were any updates for HVAC, I was told they had 2 ECU updates listed for my car at that time but dealer had no info on what they were for, so I did not book it in.

I think I read somewhere (could have been here) that one of the updates in last few months engaged the active cooling shutters on front bumper, I hope that is the case for me and that will hopefully solve an issue I get when windows can quickly steam up on a long drive while heat or A/C are on.

Thanks for that, hopefully those updates help (although I hadn't heard of issues with the active cooling shutters). My dealer reckons there's no additional updates needed for my car (perhaps it's linked to build date).

On to mine today, says I've two updates due but couldnt tell me what the second was. Can I ask, does the remote parking work for other folks?

I hope part they will update Kia Connect app connectivity issue🙄

I've tried the one were you sit in the car and it parallel parks, but I've yet to be brave enough to get out of the car and let it parallel park while I hold the keyfob. It's pretty good but it like a big space (and therefore isn't much of a benefit over doing it yourself).

I do enjoy using the key to move the car a bit further forward in the driveway which it's too far from the charger, it saves many seconds compared to getting into the car to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Am I right in thinking that the earth model doesn't have this feature?

This is my understanding, only on the GT Line model (extra cameras/sensors I guess)

Correct, only the GT line

• Advertisement

As far as I know GT Line model key fob has those functions to operate the car remotely, Earth model doesnt have that extra

Advertisement