Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Director of Management Company stalling sales

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Lofidelity

That's an unusual situation but it does happen with older and smaller apartment developments. Has he a Psra licence? Did you know about the management situation before buying? At the Agm the directors and agent have to be approved so thats the time to say you want change. He cannot stop you attending the Agm, as an owner you have a legal right to be there.

It might be useful to speak to other owners and find out who's with you and who's against.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 April 2022

I bought in 1995! I was 20! This person wasn’t there then. He bought in 2007 and came on our radars in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

this is correct.

Again, the PRSA might be a good and quick way to go. It is illegal for him to be providing property management services for a fee without a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Director or not he must be PSRA registered if he is charging for his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I could be wrong, but I get the impression from the op’s posts that he charges for the maintenance work rather than for acting in the capacity of Managing Agent. The op might clarify this. Whether it is due to the opaque way this Director seems to dictate how the OMC is run, or due to the way the op seems to be uncertain how an OMC operates, I don’t think we are getting the full picture here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 April 2022

He is not a management agent. He is a director of the OMC (all owners are members of this). He has taken it upon himself to act far outside his remit as director. He has the final say in every last thing that takes place in this complex. He carries out work and either charges other owners for this without any invoices etc or takes it out of the income going in each year from our maintenance fees. He has a name for his “company”, but this is not licensed.

Advertisement