Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Giving out "baby bundles" to all and sundry with new babies.

Maybe give them to the people who deserve them, not the well-off.

They're usually a lot quicker than the oul biddies rooting in a handbag for cash and change and counting out same laboriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Had a good laugh at the Gary Lightbody fella from Snow Patrol accepting an OBE. ****

always felt there was something suss about that band and the Lightbody lad… fancies himself as an arty rocker, earnestly espousing this cause , that cause, then cosying up to the establishment…. All delighted with himself and looking tempted to give Prince Charles a kiss and a quick handjob….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Hawthorn or blackthorn trees are often associated with fairies, or the "Sidh". A hawthorn that is associated with the fairies is known as a "sceach" and it's said to be very bad luck to interfere with it . That would possibly explain why the crusties were doing a ceremony there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I usually find card payments take longer than a cash payment. Id say people are spending way more now because they use the card, its easy to tap and not think about what you are spending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tapping takes longer than people counting out cash, handing it to the cashier, the cashier counting the change and handing it to the customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As my results were due yes, I planned my day so I would be away from a computer for most of the day. I organised all my tasks in one place and walked between them all, which took over an hour. I didn't take my phone and made sure no one had my credentials to check for me.

Arrived back at the house at 7pm, exam results postponed to today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now Im too tired to leave the house.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

With the warm weather my neighbour's kids sometimes play in their back garden. Three small girls. How often, in a lifetime, is it reasonable to scream? Out of surprise, terror, delight - how many times, in a whole lifetime, would you actually need to scream? Is it every three seconds?

Also shout out to the numpty in the Kuga on the South Ring yesterday flashing his lights at me when he was in the wrong. A man in his fifties. I bet since he hasn't quite got the hang of driving yet, he'll get better as he gets older...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Sometimes. And often depending on the customer.

"Cash or Card?"

"Card. (Oh, where did I put it?) Here you go."

*Waiting to process*

"Sorry, the payment didn't go through. Will you put your card in the machine?"

"(What's my number again?)"

*Authorisation failed*

"Oh, I remember the number know. 1-2-3-4".

😜

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

similar delays happen when people suddenly realise that they have to pay and rummage through a purse or wallet to find cash. when done properly tapping is faster.

• Advertisement

Maybe marginally. Have a €20 note ready, hand it in, and get your change in the same time as the card transaction is processed. I only mentioned the rummaging around for the card because that's the first argument that the card-ists use against the cash users. That's why I said it depends on the customer.

By the way, I like both methods, but in two supermarkets near me, the tapping often doesn't work. And I find it trivially annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭pgj2015

people typing in their pin takes longer than handing cash over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jesus, lads, can we move on...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I recently moved back to my family home (not through choice, believe me). My sister, who used to live with me, also lives there. A full length mirror belonging to her got moved from my house and is currently in my mam and dad's sitting room. My dad cannot seem to get his head around the fact that, while it came home with me, it's actually hers, and he asks me literally every day what's happening with it

Just now he goes "Dial Hard, where's that mirror going?" I was like "It's [Sister]'s, Dad".

He pauses for a second, then goes "Well what's she doing with it?"

FUCKING ASK HER!!!!!

I swear to god, if he asks me about it one more time I'm going to fire him headfirst into the fcuking thing.

That’s a Dad habit…. Mine is always saying.. “ hey what are you doing with that ? “ as in… “hey I know someone who could use one of those, you don’t seem to be”…

Instagram was one time my favourite social media platform as I adore photography….liked the user friendly and interactive nature of it…now, I’m falling out of love..

im following a couple of hundred pages and yet just looking now and exactly fückin one in every four photos / posts is ‘sponsored’….by businesses whom I’ve no connections or interests with on IG or anywhere else in the social media universe…

photo…photo…photo…ADD…photo…photo…photo…ADD…photo…photo…photo…ADD

food, motorcycles, cars, couriers, fashion, coffee ( I hate the stuff ) charities ( I hate the.. I’m kidding )….

so if I scroll through 80 photos I have to see 20 fûckin adds…

the Instagram brand alone is worth about 100 billion to Facebook….so if they could maybe you know give us a break and have us see one add every 20 photos… ? if that ghoul Fuckerberg and his army of geek delinquent gimps could maybe allow us to ‘enjoy’ experiencing something under the terms under which we joined it….or close…. as opposed to now just bombarding the bôllocks out of us with **** we don’t want to see…..shower of greedy poxbottles ….

My use of this thread is daily.. haha

i email a music business that is established in Dublin about 80 years… also would be known to the vast majority of people here and featured in a certain film…I just want to know if they have a small accessory as I’m over that way later…their reply..

hi,

no we don’t,

thanks…

Dennis..

every single person or certainly the vast vast majority of people who indulge in this musical pastime would have requirement for this accessory … about 5x3 inches but if they don’t want to stock it…and neither as a matter of courtesy would the staff member suggest if anywhere they know might have them..every guitar shop online has them…but I’m after it now.

this shop has always had a certain demeanour amongst its staff, all over you if you are wishing to splurge on an expensive piece of equipment, an instrument or gear, you can hardly move for them trying to stick their tongue in your ear… but in need of some advice or a simple accessory worth 20 euros … it’s not worth their time…never has been

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The ‘Hey Car’ ad on TV.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That "This will be our year" song by The Daydream Club that's in the current AIB ad. The singers sound like they took an overdose of Xanax. It's dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Go live date for the new system has been moved from Sept 22 to Apr 23. Wonderful. 6 more months of meetings and training and Teams meetings. Christ. The laptop is going out the window soon. I feel it.

• Advertisement

I'm literally trying to give things of use away free, no response from the charities' or institutions that I have contacted to ask if they could use these.

Had to look them up;

'Their manager claims they have built a strong, loyal fan base without traditional forms of financing, promotion or backing.'

Yet sold out to 'the man'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hay fever!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Song reminds me of a couple of “successful” nights out, during my college days, after a rake of pints, when things ended up taking a lot longer than they normally would.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

The original version by the Zombies is better.

I had that recently. As well as a new system, our company was sold off to another company (hence the new system). It was supposed to be the first of October 2021 but was delayed by a month or two months each time, just as we thought it was happening. We eventually got it done in May.

Very frustrating, and I can't believe I didn't mention it here before!

Spent 200 euros on a new pair of wireless headphones… charged in no time, sound quality is great, comfortable but one thing has annoyed me and I bought another electrical gizmo two years ago and the same… the length of the charging cable….beside my phone so perspective can be seen.

three and a half to four inches in length… you are spending over 180 euros… they get a reasonable whack of this profit so be appreciated if the cable to charge it provided might be of suitable length…to reach from a table down to a plug….morons… instead I’m to chuck an expensive pair of headphones on the floor near the plug…. Real smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

Websites that display a popup when it detects that you are moving the mouse up to the tabs! It just seems so desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

No credit on my Leap card when i got on the bus this evening. You dont see what credit is left when you present the card on bus or Dart.

• Advertisement

When ppl who live and claim to be "alternative" thinkers espouse gobsmackingly conservative thinking.

Bc in their opinion my reality is not reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My second ta on this is that somehow its all my fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement