Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Tickets arrived this morning. Whoho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That wouldn’t be my impression at all. I’ve seen loads of great sets there from Daniel Avery, Jamie xx etc and the bar did great White Russians. You have to elbow your way through the big crowd outside and then there was always much more room inside. I hope whatever they’ve replaced it with is a bit more imaginative though. It was basically just a marquee with a bar and a dj booth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Im referring more to the "gather in the town square" types.

Not this lot, but that was taken over one year by a bunch of footie fans on tour. Very thuggish and loud, shouting things at passers by etc. Benidorm at Glasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

It became like that but in the first couple of years was superb. Chilled, not busy, handy bar and great tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

Our tickets were delivered aournd 11:30 /12:00 today. Tracking number appeared on an post this morning

For anyone following this was the timeline in case its of any help or puts your mind somewhat at ease:

14/06/2022 Tuesday 15:00 - Despatch notice email

14/06/2022 Tuesday 15:35 - RM Tracking, "Sender preparing item"

15/06/2022 Wednesday 03:25 - RM Tracking, "Item Received by Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC"

15/06/2022 Wednesday 04:53 - RM Tracking, "Item Leaving the UK LANGLEY HWDC"

15/06/2022 Wednesday Late - RM Tracking, "Handed to delivery partner"

16/06/2022 Thursday All Day - Radio silence on RM and an Post Tracking

17/06/2022 Friday 08:00 - An Post Tracking updated at 07:07 with out for delivery.

Royal mail also updated and showing all info as per below:

Friday 17 June 2022

08:07 Arrived at Delivery Office

DUBLIN 13

03:13 Item has left the overseas International Processing Centre

DUBLIN DELIVERY, Ireland

03:12 Item Received

DUBLIN DELIVERY, Ireland

Wednesday 15 June 2022

04:53 Item Leaving the UK

LANGLEY HWDC

03:25 Item Received by Royal Mail

LANGLEY HWDC

Tuesday 14 June 2022

15:35 Sender preparing item

• Advertisement

Ticket arrived in Galway. All that remains is to persuade the people on the gate that the haggard-looking current version is the same guy as in the 15-year-old picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAEACA

Tickets and campervan pass just in the door here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Just realised that its new name is San Remo - Lonely Hearts Club is one of the new larger stages in Silver Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

An Post tracker shows mine was sent to the wrong delivery office and is now in the mailing centre in Dublin 3, so am not panicking yet! Thank you to boardsies for all the essential info provided on getting tickets, getting them sent to Ireland and related matters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Currently doing a night shift in a distribution centre for a major online seller of everything, and there is a distinct increase in the number of folding trolleys that people might use for carting camping gear around. I fear there will be a lot of disappointed people when they realise that these flimsy trolleys are not up to the task of getting around Worthy Farm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Couldn't find a powerbank today anywhere either.. was told "they're always in short supply this time of year with summer holidays and festival season"...

Saw on the festival app that EE will have fairly good deals on powerbanks at their locations on site, plus you can exchange for a fully charged one if it runs low.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have an abundance of power banks, but just had another delivered by Prime yesterday and they seemed to have plenty available.

Gomibo.ie your friend for Powerbanks

Cheers mate. Free next-day shipping too.. should be here Tuesday.

Lent two of my bigger 25,400 powerbanks to my nephew for weekend at Sea Sessions to find out how good they still are, as they haven't been used since 2019. So definitely good to have at least one backup.

I thought I'd seen somewhere that free wifi will be available at the festival but can't track down where that information is now. Can anyone please confirm if wifi will be provided there, am a bit wary of leaving my mobile data on when leaving Ireland on Wednesday, given that the UK isn't covered by EU roaming any more.

It’s at the EE tent where you get the power banks. But it’s not great there’s always hundreds using it.

• Advertisement

What network you on? Would have thought most support UK with a basic data plan. Gomo does for one.

Am on Vodafone, cheers, will check it out before leaving.

Same network, am checking that tomorrow or Monday. Please give any feedback if you get to them before me.

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

It's probably cutting it a bit fine to get it delivered on time, but Giff Gaff do free UK SIM plans and will post to Ireland. I'm on a cheap Three.ie Mobile plan which doesn't include UK roaming, so I ordered a UK SIM from Giff Gaff. Arrived within a couple of days. I got 25GB data and unlimited calls/texts for £15.

https://www.giffgaff.com/freesim-international

Edit: SIM card is free by the way, you only need to top it up if and when you get it, so no harm taking a punt. You're not going to be out of pocket if it doesn't arrive in time.

The place is coming together recent_full.jpg (10471×2048) (panomax.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Any area there like The Salty dog at EP?

The Glade is a little like that, but you'll be wandering around so much in the early hours that you'll find something or other that'll have that vibe.

The Glade is all House and Techno though, but it is in the trees. Strummerville also might have a similar vibe. It's up on the hill and it has a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Was hoping that would be the answer, time to dig out my Stay salty T shirt that I bought for first EP that never was.

Although, the sailors face put on a few pounds since I last tried it on 😆

• Advertisement

The Glade is much more mixed than that, loads of live bands though if you pass by at 2am that'll be the vibe. Last time there I caught Jon Hopkins and Alabama 3 but they also had Dub Pistols, Dreadzone, Steve Hillage, Radiophonic Workshop (guys who did the Dr. Who theme, etc), Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) and others.

French Prog band Gong are playing there late on Fri night (11.00-12.30) and then the main guy Kavus Torabi is DJ-ing with Steve Davis (yes, that one) in the Gladee dome next door straight after. Nice area and very close to the Other Stage, not far from the Pyramid.

Advertisement