Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Are they still brining the Model 3/Y's across from the UK market that don't match/sell to fulfill orders here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

There is a white 2022 RWD Model 3 showing as inventory on Telsa's irish site for €64k right now. Full self driving included..

Without the full self driving that car is coming in at €54.8K new. But it will probably be snapped up with the long delays.

I wonder would they remove the full self driving? I suppose worth a call if anyone here interested..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

They won't remove it i'd say.

They have it added for maximum profit on a used/ex-demo car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Weird, the M3P is €82,864 but it only says "Full Self-Driving Capability"

Its a demo with less than 50k, so its sitting in a showroom, and its more expensive than a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's funny, because I had bought the blue S75D that is in inventory but they cancelled the sale as they couldnt sell it with EAP due to regulations change (I have no idea what it means but it was a quote??). Worked out well as I ended buying a used X privately instead but it makes no sense if they are selling a 3 now with FSD

• Registered Users Posts: 30 myszonutd

Woke up today with my EDD changing back from November - December to the original EDD to August 23 - October 7.

People that got their RWD cars this year does it come with floor mats? I want to order a set soon before I get the car if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

They seem to be all over the place. I got offered to pick up RWD car on 31st March but wasn’t ready for it. Then was showing Oct/Nov in line with delivery schedule when booking. Now it’s Jan/Feb!!! On the plus side gives me a bit of time to save up.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Yep, came with floor mats fitted and rear mudguards were in the boot ,p.s. give the car a good look over on collection day....!

• Advertisement

Mine came with the mats fitted and the front small mudflaps also fitted. No rear mudflaps, only extensions for the front ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Same as myself today. Was set to november-december a few weeks ago and now back to august-oct. Assuming that they won't change the dates again whats the general experience of those on boards with regards to delivery scheduling?

How much time is between being given a solid pickup time and actually picking the car up from the lot?

I'm trying to sell a car I currently own in between that time period. I don't wanna assume that August is correct and sell my current car prematurely only for the delivery estimate to be pushed back to 2023 or something. Equally if there's only a week or 2 in between the solid delivery notification and the actual delivery I might be forced to take the pretty insulting trade in valuation tesla gave me.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They will not remove it.

They have been asked before on previous stock.

They are not rear mudflaps. Tesla do not do rears. They are extension for the front flaps. The OEM flaps are crap. They fill with stones and debris.

Get yourself a proper set from Amazon/Ali express etc

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Looks like I ordered at the right time if the price is likely to increase again. Well, should have ordered before the last increase but that can’t be helped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

A good question and I too had these concerns before taking delivery of my car in March of this year. Despite pushing Tesla for a date and alerting thme to my need to sell my own (not too soon or too late) the reality is that you will not get definitive confirmation of a pick up slot until about 2 weeks before actual delivery. Up until then there are soft signals that may give you something to work with..allocation of VIN in source code (before Tesla alerts or confirms) but the official confirmation is unlikely to come from Tesla until your car is on the high seas. Attached below is indicative timeline for me (which I also know is not dissimilar to others who were successful with the Q1 2022 deliveries and also consistent with customers getting Q2 deliveries in the UK

By way of example in my own case these are the Tesla communications (all happens within last month to delivery)

1. 18th Feb - sms "a car has been allocated, your vehicle arrival date is being calculated and we will be in touch to make arrangements about a delivery date".
    2. 8th March SMS - "Your car is ready to be scheduled for delivery, please select preferred date and time " included a link with three dates (March 24,25,26)"
    3. 18th March SMS - advising licence plate registration and the VIN (note this was first communication by Tesla that mentioned a VIN (even though it was discoverable in source code for weeks before and in truth gave me confidence about. a car actually being matched to me. I think the give it as it is sometimes needed for the purchaser to arrange insurance/registration
    4. 25th March - collected

I am not saying everything follows the same pattern but it gives some insights about the infamous VINS.

Trying to find official notification of these price changes, Can anyone point me in the right direction to see the respective increases across the range.. Have been searching but cant find any coverage of this . Am seriously considering placing an order ....before Irish price increases

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RSymons has a video on YT about it. I think he details the previous and new price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Somebody may correct me here but as far as I know they will increase the prices without any notification just like in the UK just now. I think it’s just expected they will here as well as it’s normally the case. At the end of the day you would need put down 250 now to make sure you don’t get caught by the increase or wait if you are not sure and risk it going over the grant limit.

Thanks guys . I ordered my car in Jan 2022, got it delivered in Mach 2022 and at that time it had gone up EUR3K (I was happy). I am now 95% sure I will place another order...not because I want a new car now ...but to take advantage of the long lead time to delivery and also opting to delay foist offer, by which time I am speculating that cost of cars will have increased (giving higher value on my existing as a Trade in whilst locking in existing pricing on the new order (if i place today) before any imminent increase. Worst case scenario is I don't proceed to close the dal on the new car and I lose the 250 deposit.

Ia m sure many will think me crazy ordering a new one a few months after i got my car...but there is some form of logic in the above 😀

Not the worse plan. I have a LR with 19” on order since Feb. locked in at the old prices too. Due for august delivery but that has been changed to aug-Oct now.

I don’t plan on taking it as I sold my MSP in the meantime and got an M3P from inventory but I’ll keep it there as it only cost me €100 deposit.

The worse case at the moment is that inflation brings on a recession and the general car market will suffer therefore used prices will plummet.

I bought my MSP90DL in July 2021 for €48k and sold it for €57,609 in March 2022. That can’t continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Woops, assumed they were for the rear , they are still in the boot, never even opened the packet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I ended up pulling the trigger last night on a RWD in MSM, herself was watching Love Island and I’d nothing better to do. In all seriousness I wanted to avoid another price hike, I’m still not sure I’m ready to get rid of my Cupra ST 4Drive as it’s so practical and fun, but by next year when the M3 is due I’ll be finished with buggies and will be down to just booster seats so won’t need as much space and the move to electric is important from a conscience perspective. None of us know what way the economy will go, a lot of rumbling we could be set for a recession so if things change dramatically it’s only a €250 deposit on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

On another note is anyone here running a roofbox? Just wondering what kind of hit on range you get. I have the Thule Motion XT which is a big 500L box it’s relatively sleek given its size but I’m assuming it will murder the range, which I only see being an issue when we head to West Clare as the charging infrastructure from what I have seen is relatively non-existent and the house we have use of is so old I’m not sure it would sustain a long granny charging session.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I think these pushed deliveries are down to luck, I ordered in Feb when price increase imminent,August EDD, got matched two weeks later then picked it up at end of March. Financed through selling my S which I had for two years at very healthy profit. I had a Leaf that paid for itself in commute fuel savings prior. Free motoring for 5 years

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What, did it come with the ever more lucrative free SuC, do we have a X thread you can update us on? Ioniq gone?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Hilariously I have almost exactly the same dates as @JOL1 ...

16 Feb - Ordered (M3 RWD MSM Black Aero) with expected delivery August 2022

23 Feb - Allocated vehicle (and finally had to fess up to wife that order had been placed!!)

8 Mar - Scheduled for Delivery SMS

18 Mar - Plate number and VIN SMS

22 Mar - Location of collection SMS

22 Mar - Reminder to pay motor tax SMS!

24 Mar - Reminder to pick up tomorrow SMS (yeah, like I was gonna forget)

25 Mar - pickup

• Advertisement

Advertisement