Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

Think I'll "retire" for evening meself.,,, have euf for one day 🤣

evening/night everyone :)

Tough day today with low motivation 😁

Wokingham 5.00 Ascot

be highly surprised if Silver Samurai , who's just shading 2nd fav possy @ ~ 13/2, can oblige here,,, doubt if he's good enough here (have looked at nowt else in this) going on his recent form (has mainly been contesting races over 7f and 1mile until recently, where he has been running over 6fs for his last three outings - potentially 'unexposed' o'er t'trip?? - i doubt it ). Going is good to firm, though it may well change if much rain comes,, will hope the ground stays the way it is,, even if it don't, I'm not seeing SS do much here..

Is drawn low in 5, so that's good [as low numbers aint generally favoured] and have laid him for 4 to 8 places @ ~ 2/1 for the 4 , and ~ 10/11 for the 8, and ~ commensurate odds for the positions in between..

hope folk find winners today :)

gl all ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I have no inspiration today. Hellomydarlin 18/1 in 3:34 ayr is travelling across half of the country to participate in this but 5f might be too sharp for her, I'm not convinced/

1.42 Perth

MAIFALKI 5/2 win

short enough price for this 9yr old,, has only ever ran twice over obstacles, with most his runs being on the flat.. Came a good second for his recent trainer, on his first run for Miss Russell lto,, that was after a yr's absence, and race was ran in a fast time,, don't appear massive value the 2nd fav, but there's not a lot to beat, it would seem, in this, with Gordon's Copperwell looking the obvious threat, at a similar price as t'pick

Gl

EDIT have also backed him at ~ evs to come in first two

gl all 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Ayr 2.59 Collington 16's generally. Keeps winning races and most providers are paying 4 places. Looks overpriced if there is any improvement from this 4 year old. I am not crazy about Katie Scott's form, but I am happy with the price, jockey fine.

Ascot 3.05 Trainer Peter Shiergen has a nice record at Ascot and likes sending over his better types. Cases can be made for Rocchigiani , most def. Drifting 16's widely available I spotted 18's, nibbling away and will back any further drifts 4 places. Saver on Monaadah.

Low to middle draws are winning on the straight at Ascot this week, I would be surprised if this changed. In the Jubliee I thought Umm Kulthum needs to find a few pounds but at 80's and 66's, lovely draw in 11 and Richard Fahey having grabbed winners, he is getting a few fivers ew. In the same vein I felt all patriotic in the Wokingham and plan to roar home Warrior Brave ( drawn 3 ) for Katie Walsh's husband and Irelands' top jockey Colin Keane, bring it foooking on.

I fancy Bolger in the Ulster Derby, it looks way to obvious. Not unbacked and will be hitting single figures shortly. Win Only.

Finally mortals ... please remember when backing horses at long odds to not faff around with your stake? If you are having 100's on even money shots don't make the mistake of not having 50 ew on 80/1 shots. It is that simple. Approach the bookie from behind, pull his stinking pants down and ride the unholy shight out of him, for once and for all.

• Advertisement

Great post Count !! 😄

Looked a 2 horse horse-race on form, and, sadly, Gordon's Copperwell beats t'selection by 2 1/4lgths :(

No mood for studying today,, time for 'Studying for Saturday' starts around early/mid-afternoon on Thursday - does be overwhelming looking at Saturday meets on the day 😄

nonetheless, i'll see if i can't find 1 or three, at perhaps one o the evening meets,,

SURREY TERRITORIES 9/1 ew 5.18 Ling

Runs in 'Classified Stakes' race from what looks like a poor draw in 12 of 12 runners,,, only one i looked at, but looks a good price @ ~10s to come with a late run from a hold-up ride,,

Is yet to win from twelve runs, and 1m does seem to stretch "G'day" Brett Johnson's three yr old, but he come a good second in Jan at the course over 7fs on the 'Standard' going, when staying on, and was well ahead of the third,, at nine or ten to one, is worth a small e/w bet - blind or no, imo 😆

done CD 's ew pix in an e/w patent too :) could be a G'day 😁

6.20 Lingfield GIGI'S BEACH 5/2 WIN NAP

Looks a MASSIVE price here,, has to lump 9-12, but looks very well handicapped,, looked at race thinking he'd be ~ 5/4 shot or shorter, and thought to get him beat..

can't see what beats him - ones closest in betting look like 6f horses, or else have a bit to prove over seven,,, is a hold-up sort drawn in stall one, with plenty, it would seem, what would be wanting to get on with it,, am seeing zero negatives here...

looks about a 4/5 shot to me; will have decent bet on Alice Haynes' horse

• Advertisement

GWAN Hurricane Lane 8/11 in 3.40 Ascot now

i've had enough - just watch the racing and wait til me other cupla picks r running 😃

Close 3rd, lucky it didn't win, cause I had no money on, or I'd be flipping.

I'll go with your recommendations for 6:20 lingers, leff. I'm at work, no time for fun.

Post edited by j@utis on

no good - only 4th were GB :( thought jockey should have held him up - fk punting !!

😓

No good. Zero Carbon 11/5 in the next in lingers saved my day, but it doesn't really count because I didn't post it here 😊

4:15 Ayr - Taj Alola 9/1 small e/w out of interest. Nothing jumps out the page, you can find something against all of them: Highwaygrey has superb CD record but not showing a spark lately, Love Is Golden will be lugging 10st up the hill to the line, the other Johnson runner Mackenzie Rose is drawn very wide and up in ratings and so on...

Hello

done your "Ayr" pick to place in first three @ ~2s j@u :D

5.07 Wor

McPherson 4/1 ew.. just t'two plcs

gl

No luck there, pick the wrong long shot. But fancies got beaten as expected.

• Advertisement

Favs aren't doing great today in Ponte so far, so maybe it's about to change? Let's try that Bullet Force in the next.

Tomorrow

Monday 20th June 22

Taking a flyer/punt on three in amateur at DP

5.55 Wolves

DREAM POINT 33/1 , KING CHARLES 33/1 , ABOUND 20/1

Might lay Ghostly 8/11 for three/four places, depending on price available on t'moro,, maybe oppose Evans' Charlie's yard 15/8 also,,

gl :)

Do you want your head wrecked? Have a look at the last one in Wolves tomorrow 😁

alright j@u 😊 ,, 'Challenge Accepted' 😃

9.00 Wolves

no point logicising it - be's way trop hard!!

HARRY LOVE 13/2 ew GWAN Cam! , ODD SOCKS HAVANA 7/1 ew GWAN Duggie!

Calonne 7/2 won't/can't 😆 win

Street Poet 8/1 - 4plce lay if similar, or shortening,, @ 11/8 or shorter will possibly chance t'lay 'ere

leff ☺️

Ok, Harry's mark keep dropping but is it low enough yet to win? dreadful jock & trainer strike rate... Odd Socks H has better chances than Harry Love imho, but CD win came in 0-55 contest and this one is 0-65, last time he was kept too far back, that was slightly weaker race too. Calonne can and will win this 😂 ok, I'm not that sure, not sure at all here. Favs and Calonne form is tied through Weloof, interesting.

^^^

Too much analysis for a lottery there j@u 😂 😂 😆

'Toos-Dee' 21st June 2022

an early luke at one at Brighton to keep us eye in 😃

4.00 Brighton

Red Kite is early 13/8 'paper jolly' for MJ aka "The Scottish Vet" in this 'Restricted Maiden Stakes' Class 5 for 3/5-y-o's,, he don't like 'loading process' and will hope he don't consent to leave box 😂

Race is pretty much a mile (mebbe ~4yds shorter) at 7f 216yds,, methinks he wants further,, looks a likely leader along with Butler's (The Crook 😆) 4yr old Emperor Of War; and Ladypacksapunch should be right behind these two, as well as, possibly, Grant Me Serenity, who's also likely to be very close to t'pace,,

Red Kite might feel the pressure and will consider him for 2-place lay

Grant Me Serenity holds third 'paper odds' market possy @ 4s, and looks to have a decent chance at those odds,, She'll do me for small win if all things is equal tomorrow - or ltr on today, when books are tekkin bets on this

:)

Tuesday 21st June

5.10 Newton Abbot - Good

Samba Dancer at 4/1 on the 'probable'/'paper' SP looks opposable here - often tries make all, and 'twill be hard to do so under 12-0 (11-9 taking jockey's 5lb claim into a/c) ,, came third over 2m at Worcester 2 runs back on good to soft - that was more of a hold-up ride, as was held up behind leaders that day,, is versatile enough i suppose, but, if at the same price, or shorter hopefully, then may go with a plce-lay 'ere..

Other one of interest is PN's 2/1 fav Birds Of Prey,, mainly runs over further, but has contested a few quality contests (Class 1s and 2s) at or around (2m 167yds to travel in the opener here) this trip, when running respectably, but w/o troubling the judge for the win or the minor places,, mebbe keep this one onside, but another potential place-lay imo, esp if price shortens

HUMANISTE ~25s is out of form,, just seven yrs old, but has had a fair few trainers,, An outsider with an ew squeak, if his current handler J Tickle can re-invigorate him upon having his 2nd run since changing yards

gL

• Advertisement

Another for Tuesday

8.30 Newton Abbot - Good

Kennack Bay ~4/1 might try make all on his first go over t'larger obstacles, as this is how he's mainly ran on his last few goes over hurdles - all at around 3m.

My Lady Grey ~ 6/5 looks well bred for the chasing game, but it took her 6 goes afore she got her head in front in this sphere when she won lto over C&D,, time was slow enough that day, and Joe Tizzard's grey has 13lbs more to lump going in the same grade,, was also her first run under Joe's stooardship since tekkin licence o'er from daddy Colin - looks miles off a 'mortgage job' this one,,

The one I like here is BELLE JOUR ~ 11/2,, Came third lto when a warm jolly in a three horse race,, will overlook that, as 'trappy affair' etc, and race was ran in a poor enough time, so can excuse him (strangely enough, given the name, that he's a he 😛) that run, as may have preferred a faster pace to chase,, that were at Fontwell, but it was his previous run over the exact same track nd trip that would make him seem potentially well-overpriced; and he's likely to have very strong claims here,,

Bradstock horse Crawford ~ 14s is another potential likely leader, and another what's having his first go over fences,, just six and hasn't done much in any of his hurdles' runs,, possibly do a lot better chasing, but no real positives to go on as far as backing him goes,, Yet another potential leader is Shanroe Smooch ~ 20s, but he'll need to improve to get involved here,, tough to completely rule him (or anything else in the field ftm) out for this, but others have far stronger claims imo

The previously mentioned Kennack Bay is having his first go over fences, and, as well as possibly trying to lead, that's enough reasons to not want to be on t'Pauling horse here,, Port O'clock ~ 4/1 should go well on only his third ever go chasing, provided he don't make any blunders,, is seven but has only been racing since last year,, looks like he was got for chasing as only had three goes over t'shorter obstacles,, a first and a second place position he can boast from his first two chase bids - the first of which was a Class 6 Hunters' chase at Exeter which he won,, Will consider this fella as a second pick here, nd mebbe a rev f'cast also with BJ 😂

Advertisement