Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperately looking for house to rent

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Lemons are bitter and get worse with age, much like the poster you quoted

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You do realise that discussion forums need alternative points of view? And that if everyone agreed "ohh, isin't it dreadfull" all the time, the forum would rapidly die.

In this case, I'm pretty sure that the entire thread is a wind-up: if the OP is claiming welfare, then they cannot just move to another county and be eligible there too - the council in the other place will most likely not accept them. If they are not claiming, then they are either independently wealthy (in which case, why are they renting) or working (even if they are 100% WFH, they'll still need decent broadband, which rules out a lot of locations).

I don't look down on anyone: everyone has a place in the world.

But I call things as I see them, and speak plainly about it. And I don't give a damn if that upsets some snowflakes.

"Calls things as I see them" usually means someone's a loudmouth and a bit of a cnut, not saying you are of course 😉 they usually lack the oratory skills to get their points across so use blunt language because that's all they're capable of, giving rise to the belief by themselves that they're calling it as they see it

Also, use of the word snowflakes, Jesus titty fcukin christ that's mildly retarded at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Interesting observations you make. Just quoting them in case you try to edit them out.

I still reckon the thread is a windup: everyone has some location preferences for social, workplace or support reasons. The arse-end of Ballysmallville is a lot harder to live in than a small town on regular bus route to Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The OPs post lacks key details in order to be helpful, namely budget, where or if they work and if they have the means to live in a remote area

Advertisement