Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole 'summer bonus' .. are they for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Indeed. Virtue signal their moral superiority- you’ll find it’s a drug with these kind of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Maybe Yurt is one herself? She certainly goes to such lengths which points to someone personally invested in the topic 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

"Virtue signalling" 🤣

Have you filled your bingo card yet?

The thing that's troubling you is that you and your red-faced fellow-travelers had to swallow actual facts on this thread and it upsets you.

You kept on circling back with gammon nonense and got repeatedly clobbered over the head with the data and statistics that revealed you were talking pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kjkj9999999

The funny thing is you don't realize that things like CE schemes and other pointless courses take people off the long term unemployed list.

Strange that 56% of people in social housing are behind on "rent" in South Dublin if that's what you want to call it.

Community employment isn't unemployment. The clue is in the name. You may not respect the work that the people do on those schemes, but they are working.

I've known people that worked in childcare on such schemes, a clear benefit to their community. Not that you give a sh*t about that.

• Advertisement

You take every little thing as a personal insult?

Lets be clear here, I'm talking about the people who have no intention of working and people just popping out kids to get a council house. People who work the system who can remain on benefits but have no intention ever of working full time. You seem oblivious to the fact that this is happening in every town and village in Ireland.

It does and is happening but you seem offended when people call out these people. I have no problem with people that are genuinely going though hard times are trying to better themselves.

I don't feel insulted in the least.

Do you think women choose to have children to get a house? God help you. That could only come from a miserable mind.

Yep some do and if you don't actually believe that your way more deluded that I thought. These people avoid getting a full time job but go on schemes or training courses etc. as there forced to but never have any intention of working full time. Its rampant across Ireland and is in every town and village across Ireland.

Its scandalous to say the least and reform is needed. This isn't bashing anyone in genuine circumstances that need help but there is long term people on the dole who work the system so they don't have to work and training and CE schemes really don't do the real numbers justice of the long term unemployed.

Absolutely miserable.

Housing lists are 8 or 9 years long. If you think women have children for the council house you need to talk to a professional.

The only thing that's rampant is your misogyny (and I don't say that lightly)

Were they always that length? Any facts to back up my misogyny or is that just your opinion?

Its anyone on long term welfare whether female or male I have a problem with who work the system. Don't pretend like it doesn't happen.

• Advertisement

The fact that when you see any woman with a young child and your brain actually thinks she did that for the council house is textbook misogyny.

For your own sake, you should own your misogyny and talk to someone about it.

I mean that. Life doesn't have to be this way for you.

Again read my posts properly, where did I say every woman? I said people working the system. You seem oblivious to the fact that it happens. Female or Male has nothing to do with it.

You seem to take every post as a attack against you and then you think your replying in a smart an inept way but just makes you look like a teenager not getting there way or a child throwing a tantrum trying to make out posters to be racist or misogynistic.

The fact you think *any* woman decides to have a child to 'work the system' not even to mention you actually think it's rampant, makes you a person engaged in classic misogyny.

? I don't feel attacked, never have on this thread. I am however content to call things by their name.

I'll repeat, life doesn't have to be this way for you. Another way is possible for you, but you have to seek it out. I wish you the best.

What's with the last two lines, it just makes you sound like a child or have the IQ of a goldfish?

You know what it means. It means that a life of hatred and curtain-twitching conspiracy about women's fertility choices doesn't have to be your future.

Don't you worry about my IQ dearest, I do just fine in life. You'd be far better served taking a look within yourself and what's driving your engagement with misogyny.

I do just fine, Kind Sir. Hopefully you do as well in life. I call out wasters when I see them and will continue to do so.

Has anyone ever called you a Narc before? Throwing tantrums when people disagree with your opinion.

You can try debating instead of using petty insults.

I think everyone reading this knows you're not doing fine.

Best of luck, you may need it with the way you see life.

I'm dong great and hopefully you are to. I wish nothing but the best for you.

All your posts on boards seem to be personal attacks against posters who disagree with you. Maybe take a break or something? Is everything okay? Can you not engage in debates without insulting people on boards.

Take a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Where is Tonto?

I'm sure Yurt just DM'd him to back him with more petty insults.

• Advertisement

Don't do PMs nor insults. But, you're content to call strangers wasters and engage in misogyny about women's choices, and then without irony spit the dummy about standard robust exchange.

I'll say it again, a different life possible for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think you'll find most people think that about you.... All your recent posts are very hostile in appearance...

Threads about the dole, welfare and single mothers are lightning rods for some of the biggest cranks, and frankly awful people on boards.

It's been my pleasure seeing to them on this thread. This may surprise you, but my heart never skipped a beat while posting on this thread. I could however feel the veins popping from the people replying.

If this thread has a lesson that should be taken by the gouger / trampoline conspiracy theory front, it's that the stats don't lie - they are for the most part, completely spouting the proverbial - and that going forward, dole threads will see them routed. And it's not past time, and it's not just me - people are sick of these threads stinking out the forum.

These threads will always bring out dole bashers, but at the same time these people ignore or won't acknowledge that people are living pretty good lives on state support. Now, that was never really a big issue before, because everyone else could get on with their lives, but now, the working class under a pretty high wage limit are being pushed out of everything, can't get a mortgage, can't find a house to buy without having to move across country, etc.

In every thread like this, you have the extreme on both sides: A: Everyone on the dole is a scrounger or B: Everyone on the dole is legitimate. Neither are true, and we need to root out the scroungers, but it can't be done while people have their eyes closed to it. And it doesn't matter if it's only 7000 people, they shouldn't be getting away with it, especially during a hard financial time and a looming recession. Both merit discussion, but both are overshadowed by the extremes on both sides.

Ah but here's the rub Monke, the cranks open up with their extreme positions of "this problem of gougers is out of control, hundreds of thousands of them, put them all out picking stones" (something that was said in this thread as it happens) and when the actual reality is presented to them (the 7k fact for instance), like a child rejecting a spoon of cod liver oil, they throw a tantrum.

I'm not here representing any extreme position that fraudsters or indolents don't exist in the system, merely furnishing the facts. The more you furnish the raw reality, the angrier the cranks become and scramble to deepen their engagement with their conspiracy. Which at the heart of it all, is fuelled by misery, misdirected anger and bitterness.

Posters like that are not to be respected, and they wont be getting my respect any time soon. And I'm not alone in that.

Aye, but your comments were coming across like these people didn't exist and everyone was on the dole/SW for completely genuine reasons. I think that was the crux of the issue.

Anyway, I'm still against it.

At no stage ever did I ever say there was zero fraud, or indeed zero people on the dole long term. I don't allow people put words in my mouth, particularly when I was crystal clear on the stats I was presenting.

What was enraging to the posters were the data and the facts. When put under their nose, what came back was bar-stool anecdotes about Cynthia and Packie down the road and women having babies to present to the council for houses.

That's gunge, you know it's gunge, and if there are to be dole threads (they're always the pits) here's a a radical idea: we start trading in facts that are verifiable instead of gammon anecdotes that we know aren't even ten percent true?

We know why there's resistance to having a thread on that basis, because there are posters absolutely determined to peddle a miserable world view that has nothing to do with reality, and actually says more about them than the fantasy-land army of "scroungers" that they desperately want to be true, but actually doesn't exist. They're out there, but they are of such small number that one must wonder do they realise it's the equivilant to barking at the moon.

As long as there is a market economy there will be long term unemployment of some sort or another, in good times and bad, in every country one cares to name. The facts are in and are on record in the thread, Ireland no more has a problem with long term unemployment than any other peer country in Europe, and that unemployment where it does exist, is a structural issue that actually has little to do with mass indolence that Thatcherites think is spreading like a virus in communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Seriously Juran 🤔 you've missed the Bile, vile stereotyping and disgraceful comments, it's not that difficult to scroll back.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

🤣 It's been my pleasure seeing to them 🤣 You just made and make yourself look like a fool with all your posts.

I will continue to attack people refusing to work and the government allowing it. Hospitality sector is crying out for people. The government can continue to show false facts if people are forced to do a CE scheme, a course or quit a job after two weeks cause turns nua threatened them with the long term unemployed.

I'm hoping the government force the scroungers into the hospitality sector so they actually have to work for money.

Advertisement