Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dammit, oh for a gopro 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

I know they need 3000km service, but what problems had they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Simple stuff, his chain snapped at 1500kms, **** happens etc etc however it took 3 weeks for Bikeworld to source the sprocket. Also had a non start issue. This is on a brand new out of the box bike.

Then it just rode terrible, he's after switching onto an old Superfour and the difference is night and day.

is that a 310T?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Going to head off up the mountains for a few hours while we have good weather.

Just trying to pick out which safety exhaust will get me maximum attention up there. 😁

any agents in dublin for cf moto 650mt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not according to cfmoto.ie. Closest being up north.

https://www.cfmoto.ie/motorcycles/find-a-dealer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Hi All,

Could I get some advice on what’s the best Arai helmet as an upgrade of their Astro J model and also some recommendations on where to buy, when sales might be on, etc.

I want to buy as a surprise for himself. I think I asked on here a few years back but bills took over the bank balance so I never had spare funds.

Rx-7V if the funds will allow.

Crossans have some good deals on black Friday if you can wait until then.

I used to get helmets from helmet city, sportsbikeshop etc but I suppose Brexit has made that too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Im pretty close to the border and have addresses I can use. Just dealing with exchange rate would I get a better deal?

The last time I bought one crossans were cheaper even before the black Friday deal which was around €200 off.

Shop around is all I can say as different shops will have deals on some of their stock as sometimes they will want to shift stuff to make room for new stuff coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

As much as I like to shop local, going up north you also have no vat on helmets so price difference is quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

UK don't have Vat on helmets and that's after their market being larger and a bit more competitive. If you can have it delivered to a NI address then that's an option, but otherwise if you've it delivered here you're getting hit with Irish Vat and customs as it'd be over the €150.

crossans/thevisorshop being based in the North gets all the benefits of UK vat exception without the extra Brexit problems ( for now), so price dependant that might be more straightforward.

Finally found software and maps for the old Power Commander 3 (Non USB)

However, no matter what the bike won't fire with it connected, even with a zero map. Sake... took me days of trawling the power commander website on the wayback machine to get the stuff too, they no longer support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

whats the bike? could be a connection issue, but I thought they were plug and play

Did you try holding down the 3 buttons and pressing the starter button at the same time.

After posting a I had another look, ground wire was broken. Now I'm motoring. Thanks both!

• Advertisement

Took her for a spin, so much smoother power delivery, even with a downloaded map.

I am going to get it dyno tuned though, just so it's 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Quick question and possibly a stupid one, could a damaged fuel hose cause a carb to flood. I had terrible problems with the carb flooding a while back, spotted yesterday that the fuel hose was damaged (spotted it by seeing petrol piss all over the driveway when I turned the tap on) but since I’ve replaced the hose, all is good again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

that wouldn't cause a carb to flood.

Unless dirt or a bit of the rubber got in and held the float needle open.

Generally a flooded carb is the float level not set properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ah, carbs. Those mythical devices which few understand, even those who work on them 😁

I was wary of fuel injection bikes before I owned one, but have never had a bit of bother with them. Bikes that can be remapped by the user are even better, no nonsense fiddling with jets and needles which can only ever deliver an approximation of correct fuelling under certain conditions.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is there a decent breakers anywhere lads? I'm after a couple of bits for my SFV650 after my recent off.

Doesn't need to be in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭robbie_63

Any CF moto fans out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Four bikers charged with speeding on Thursday evening (10 pm) on Howth Hill. First one was doing 90 in a 50 zone. . . . . . . he might consider bringing his toothbrush with him to court if he doesn't pay the fine as soon as it falls in the door 😎. It's become like a speed trial on the hill in the last few weeks so RPU are involved. They gather at Il Panorama for coffee then at 10 pm when it closes they race up and over the hill. Two bikers that had "good observational skills" avoided being caught 😆 and slowed down in time but a few had a squeaky bum moment. Apparently this operation will be random during the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's frustrating.

It's 3.5 weeks since my accident. The body is fine (well it's almost fine), but the bike is still awaiting a few parts. I'm disappointed with Crossan's. I called them twice and they said they'd call back. Twice. They didn't. Their loss as a much bigger sale was theirs potentially.

Axa are also quite slow regarding my claim for damages. I've called and emailed them several times. Nothing.

Advertisement