Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ric Flair vs Hogan in 2022 could become a reality

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

No matter how hard up he is for money Flair has totally sullied his legacy.

His send off at WM24 was arguably one of the most perfect moments in wrestling history. I adore it but it was instantly tainted the second he went to TNA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Randomly came across Stone Cold talking about the death of Chyna from 2016. It's already been 6 years since she past on April 17th 2016.

Stone Cold said someone rang him up hours before the news came out to let him know she passed. Wouldn't name the person, referred to as them and this person etc. You would be half thinking it was Triple H or X-Pac with him being coy about it. Not that it makes any difference.

Went on to say at a TV taping (raw) it was Austin, Chyna and Billy Gunn vs the radicals. A road agent tells Chyna that she and Billy gunn come out but wait at the ramp for stone cold before getting in the ring (radicals are already in the ring at this point). According to Steve chyna says why would we do that? We would get in the ring and fight them. Steve says that he was thinking "hello I am stone cold the biggest cat in the business right now" but respected and liked how she was willing to stand up and protect her character.

I searched for the match online and I think Steve slightly misremembered things (dude has had 1000s of matches to be fair) and it was the rock, Steve Austin, chyna and Billy gunn vs the radicals from raw. Chyna and Billy Gunn jump in the ring and it's 4 on 2. Then Rock and Steve make the save.

Austin then talks about how he was wrestling triple h in Germany. Says he gave triple h and chyna the stunner. Usual deal. A fan jumps in the ring and beats down on Steve (which Austin immediately thought it was a rib and one of the other guys backstage coming out) quickly realises it's not but triple h grabs the fan and gives him a german suplex and both the ref and hunter start wailing on this guy lol. The clip is on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I often think Tony khan should focus less on petty digs at WWE, but this is world class **** talking.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've seen that video of Triple H suplexing the fan. Normally I wouldn't expect HHH to do something like that but I'd forgotten that Triple H had a bit of a wild side about him back then. Probably came from hanging with the Kliq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

My random wrestling thought is AEW was supposed to be offering something different.. it's like WWE/NXT 2.0 now. Granted the presentation is nowhere near WWE standards, but I honestly felt up until Omega leaving, AEW was vastly different from WWE. They were gritty, and were pushing "home grown" talent. The likes of Darby and Jungle Boy and even Orange Cassidy have suffered from the arrival of Punk, Danielson and others. The roster is over bloated for a two hour main show and an hour b show. There's so much that's gone on since they started, buying ROH and teaming up with NJPW has muddled things up so much I think the show has suffered a lot since both announcements. All things considered, I hope the show gains stability and gets better going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

WWE has a ppv on Sunday. You'd never know it.

Still in the post mania lull

With MITB and Summerslam coming up in July it might gage more interest. Clash at the. Castle will hopefully be a strong build up in August

Cody Vs Seth isn't actually going to be the main event is it, Jesus that's weak.

Tbf I'm not going to accept that. They booked a 60,000 seater stadium and had to move to the 17,000 seater MGM Grand because the buzz for the show is 0. This a week after their main competitor ran the bigger, more prestigious T Mobile arena only a week before.

• Advertisement

That's money in the bank, this is hell in a cell, so the fair comparison is that there's still tickets on sale for this in Chicago, where their main competitor has a ppv they sold out in well under an hour 3 weeks later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's not surprising, the likely main event was already done twice at the two previous PPVs(big ass cage aside) and there's only one (lower tier) title match booked. Their only world champ hasn't defended since Mania and isn't looking likely to do so until SummerSlam at the earliest going off online reports.

Ah ye fair, and ye the lack of buzz around the company in general at the moment pretty much shows in how little anyone is talking about this ppv and how few tickets MITB sold despite their attempt to shoehorn in another stadium show.

Jaysus lads watched the Chris Kanyon episode of Dark Side of the Ring, that was some cold **** Cena and Flair pulled. Cena really didn't need to **** on him like he did and Flair doing it live on air? Christ it's like something from a poor morality tale where someone's bullied into suicide. Unbelievable.

Yeah it was bad alright. Here is a little short refresher I found on YouTube if anyone wants to watch.

There was no need for Cena to say those things. We all know the story, wwe was buttering his bread, so he would be pro wwe when challenged with them being accused of being homophobes (which they were for the Boy George thing) but he could have handled it a million other ways to kiss ass but not bury Kanyon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sammy and Tay holidaying in Dublin.

Now lads, no stalking hotels!!

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1532318701730648065

He could easily have semi-buried him without just being an outright asshole. "Chris has his opinion..." "Things didn't work out..." "Hope he's in a better place in his life", all easy, Day-1 media handling. I was really taken aback but Flair live on the line, Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think I knew that "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan (not to be confused with "The Blueprint" Sasha Banks) is a mayor. He was introduced on this week's Impact as the Mayor of Longwood, Florida. So that's another former wrestler gone that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Interesting that he ran as a Republican (Although he was initially a Democrat). Always seems to be the Republican wrestlers who end up going the political route.

Saw a stats card on Facebook

Surprised Ultimate Warrior was only 6'2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stolen from Reddit. From 2018 to 2022. Serious transformation...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Didn't realise just how much of a transformation it was but geeez he looks almost sloppy in that first picture.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It looks like he's aged at least 10 years too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They've repackaged his former Imperium stablemate in NXT, with Fabian Aichner becoming Giovanni Vinci. When he was taken away from them, I thought he would be released, but they must've seen more in him than Marcel/Ludwig.

He should get the NXT belt just because of that clothesline.

His name sounds like he should part of yer man's 'male model' stable on SD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Was at AIW in Cleveland Friday night and met the Franchise Shane Douglas. He's looking great and is sound out. He was saying that back in the ECW days, one of their top merch guys was from Cork and apparently he was as good as Don West at shifting it at the shows. Thought that was pretty random.

Here's an interesting one..

Kurt Hawkins (Brian Meyers) and Tommy Dreamer video talking about ECW action figures back in the day.

On the Netflix series 'The Toys That Made Us' it was claimed ECW figures sold 3 million units, in which Meyers believes the number was exaggerated but Dreamer says he only received 2 boxes consisting of 48 figures and around 200 dollars compensation. Lol.

7:10 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This day 15 years ago the Benoit tragedy was discovered when police went to the home after WWE became concerned about the families welfare. Still remember seeing Vince standing in the ring in the empty arena in Corpus Christi, Texas on what was meant to be a special episode for the Mr McMahon character dying the week before on raw. That obviously didn’t happen and we would learn the horrible truth the next day.

• Advertisement

Jesus how time flys

Think I saw news firstly on 'Ewrestlingnews.com' and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Do Remember all the video packages from that episode of Raw

Can't remember fully when/where the horrible truth

Advertisement