Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why use 5 words to say something when you can use 400 instead? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Posters with perennially unfunny TAs.

Also, pretty sure I'm getting a coldsore.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're supposed to be annoying, the funny part is a bonus! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hence the qualifier "perennially". None of us are funny all the time. Some contributors, conversely, are absolutely never funny. That's my TA and nobody is allowed go agin it cause dem's de rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Not the rally crowd" revving and backfiring their way past my gate on their way to Divine Service or Mass in Letterkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just bought Phillips wireless ear buds to sync with 2 iPhones and iPad - can only sync with iPhone 12, rest not working. What a load of sh*te. Have to return and go researching another brand/set

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Our local Tesco was not always the easiest to navigate and now they are changing the lay out and it's a nightmare to find anything. This is going on for a few weeks now. It's not just where stuff is they changed, it's also the position and direction of the shelves they have changed. You go looking for loo paper and a cardboard sign says it's now where frozen fish was or whatever. Add in someone who does not seem to know what items when planning the new layout and it's like walking in to a labyrinth. Went looking for tinned chickpeas and went to canned food as you would, no, I go looking on a number of isles and finally find it in ingredients or such.

I think they have taken on extra staff to help customers find items judging by the amount of staff walking around with customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

When someone recommends a “really great film” and it turns out to be absolute ****. Well maybe it’s great for others, but I didn’t understand it. 1.5 hours of my life wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Have to change the tax disc on my bike. 😮‍💨

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I put BBQ sauce on my breakfast roll instead of Brown this morning. The day is ruined.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Katy Perry in the Just Eat add…. “ please, look, I’m quirky an an wear weird stuff, “. ….. fûckin yawn … Katy Perry full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

They are great, the problem was mine. I didn’t realise you could only sync one phone/iPad at a time - I was trying to do them all at once - a clever young lady at Tesco was able to put me on the right path and very good value for only 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Your day was already ruined Emmet once you put brown sauce and not red on your breakfast roll

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Red sauce is for sausages. Brown is for rashers. Rashers trumps all, so if there’s rashers in there you have to use brown.

Post edited by EmmetSpiceland on

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

@EmmetSpiceland How drunk are you writing this …?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I don't know if it is a thing in Ireland, but people exchanging fifteen or twenty voice messages on public transport. And of course the whole thing is played out on speaker. Just call the person you tool.

Also don't call them (to chat) on public transport. Nobody wants to listen to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s a relatively new phenomenon, what is the reason…. ? It’s bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at this.

Right outside our front door, where my wife parks her car. Complete stranger. No idea who it is.

Very tempted to put a sheet of paper under the window wiper telling them to f*ck off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I seemingly have 3 unread emails, but try as I might I can’t find them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Almost a month since dog pts, and I still have dog hairs all over my recently cleaned clothes.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've been stuffing my face with these. While I find them very nice, I also feel mildly sick from eating them because the palm oil they contain is very noticeable, both in taste and consistency (it makes the chocolate melt in your mouth in a "oily" sort of a way), and it's extremely noticeable in the dark chocolate version, that ends up just tasting cheap.

Why wreck a good thing with a crappy ingredient? Damn it.

They taste a bit like disappointment.

On the topic of chocolate, I'm TA that darkmilk, a type of chocolate that should be delicious on paper, is disgustingly disappointing when it's ate.

feels like the chocolate has curdled in my mouth it's rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I heard on the radio there is a shortage of flakes. Cadburys move flake production to Egypt and supplies issues exist

I cannot say I verified but for me this is very much a TA

A 99 with no flake is not a 99 at all 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I think it's still nicer than the normal milk chocolate but in fairness that sets the bar pretty low to be fair

My ex drunkenly called me at 3am to tell me that a prick I had been. Probably true but could she not have picked a more suitable time to tell me this? I am old and usually in bed at this hour.

Was getting a takeaway coffee earlier in a popular franchise place, guy in front on me ordered 2 takeaway coffees and then picked up 2 bars also( a twix and something else), the girl immediately told him they were 3e each, he kinda hesitated and then said he'd take them. It ta'd me because she's obviously aware that they're totally overpriced ( not her fault obviously) and I genuinely think he felt kinda pressured to still take them. I know you expect to pay more in these places but 3e for a Twix, crazy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When you need to do a reasonably simple DIY job but in order to do it you need to half demolish the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Putting together flat pack furniture.

I used to make furniture for a living.

I'd make something out of a lump of wood quicker than putting the flat pack version together 🙄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement