Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 6 Public Hearings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When I see posts like this I know you have absolutely no rebuttal to the points raised in previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

its not nice is it?

after trump won the demmies never stopped for four years saying trump had Stole the election

This hearing is a waste of money and time and will achieve nothing, imagine hating trump so much you would back the daughter of a complete sociopath, a daughter who has said many times that her father was right to do what he did.

are you not embarrassed by choosing to defend the legacy of dick Cheney so you can kick trump.

bizarre stuff.

Just because Liz Cheney is on the committee, doesn't mean anyone acknowledging the testimony and evidence produced during the hearings is defending the legacy of Dick Cheney.

But go ahead and keep making ridiculous non-sensical arguments to try and distract from witness testimony of Pence's own legal experts and Republican judges and constitutional experts. It just continues to show you have nothing of substance to argue on.

compete BS.

dick Cheney is a gangster who should be on trial for what he did , his daughter is on their committee and she 100% defends what he did

but you would rather park that as it does not suit your narrative

trump was never a danger to anyone or anything as he never had the backing of the US government

both Clinton’s and bush and Cheney, joe Biden and Obama all committed criminal acts yet where are there hearings ?

i have no problem with an honest independent investigation of trump, but he ain’t getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you have to ask where all those investigations of other presidents etc went it again evidences you choose to have no clue what you’re talking about.

Seems like a fair investigation as can be when one side refuses to cooperate or only nominates people to the select committee that themselves helped foment the failed autocoup attempt. Not to mention all the obstruction by the lead person under investigation, talk about fair.

Nothing in your post but tenuous attempts at ad hominem and appeal to ignorance.

• Advertisement

so trump has a hearing for sedition , Hillary trump has an informal meeting she only showed up to because she was running for president ?

are you for real

Well I’m sorry, it’s not every 100 years or so that a President attempts to succeed at an autocoup, you’re looking for apples to apples comparisons but you cannot compare apples and oranges.

This hearing is a joke, the fast and furious you linked above should have seen Obama locked up as should his use of the IRS for political reasons.

I hope you understand that Reagan both bush’s Clinton Obama should be in jail for what they all did, where is your sense of honour over those lunatics

None of them plotted an autocoup nor anything approaching the level of depravity. You can search for the rest of your life for an past equivalence but there isn’t one. “Honour” if your sense of honor is so great then I’m not at all sure why you came running into thread to declare how unfair it was that his crimes are being investigated.

The 5 presidents before trump left the following legacies;

the Iran contra affair, both gulf wars, the invasion of Afghanistan, the Destruction of Libya, mass bombing of Syrians , a sexual predator, and a race Baiter.

there is no need to search , trump is small time compared to presidents who actually have the backing of the Washington machine

• Advertisement

”look over here” is that it then? Thanks for your contributions.

Got you.

this hearing is nonsense , if they want to have a hearing on trump than do one on his connections to New York organised crime in the 80s and 90s

no way he is building those towers without dealing directly with the Irish and Italian mobs. They started an investigation on this previously but stopped for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd quite like to hear more about the Republicans who sought out pardens after the fact. That in itself is an admission of guilt.

I've been traveling and not had an opportunity to listen, but have they expounded on the revelation that Pence was the acting President during the coup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Nonsense, there was an orderly transition in Jan 2017. Nobody claimed the actual election result was fraudulent.

Investigation of the very real issues around Russian collusion is not the same thing.

Total false equivalence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

The ghost of Richard Nixon must be crying that social media didn't exist in the early 70s to endlessly equivocate over the Watergate scandal. He probably wouldn't even have had to get out of bed to go on TV and apologise if it were the same standard of accountability back then as now.

Anyway, to say what about this or that thing undertaken by past U.S. administrations misses the point. One should be happy any time people are held to account, and not fall into the cynical trap of if this person was not held accountable or not given enough of a grilling, then why should anyone? That's a slippery slope down to hell.

Here's Trump saying, and I quote, "...the only way we're gonna lose this election is if the election is rigged. Remember that..." A U.S. president who undermined the principal of consent by saying to his supporters that fraud should be the conclusion that is jumped to if he loses. Not even having a legal team on standby to look into the results as they came in and then say there could be fraud at play. No. No due process. He knew what he was doing. He was sowing that seed. And that's even before he actually lost, and continued to claim fraud. Before every legal challenge brought to the court was basically thrown out, and yet still continued to claim fraud. And then he went to the US Capitol and continued to claim fraud with no basis. Stirring up a group of angry supporters and letting them go down to the Capitol building. Again, he knew what he was doing. And then he sat there in the White House watching it on TV and according to testimony against him, wasn't even that upset by the people chanting, 'hang Mike Pence'. There has never been behaviour like that from a sitting U.S. president or candidate in modern times. When they lose an election, they ultimately accept it, even if it takes court procedures to do so. Not only did Trump not accept it then, but he doesn't accept it now. For all he's done to fundamentally stoke divisions in the United States and faith in the democratic procedures, especially leading up to and on Jan 6th, a full and frank time line of that day must be established, and a minute by minute account of the actions of everyone linked to the day, if only for posterity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I find little more vindicating than the Trumpsters trying to shut down this committee and delegitimize its findings unless of course they exonerate their idol.

Trump attempted an insurrection. He planned it and did nothing while it was in progress. He concluded by calling the fascist insurrectionists special people. It's beyond doubt that he's guilty. I don't have high hopes for this but hopefully he'll spend the rest of his miserable life in prison.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Stop me if this sounds familiar

The committee has obtained the cooperation of a video documentarian that Trump chose to hire for the 'last 6 weeks of his re-election campaign'

So we may hear some damning things in their own words.

The 4th hearing is scheduled to begin in just a couple hours.

Starting now.

Watched some of it and Its so boring it’s not even funny

thankfully The Democrats we are expected to lose control of the House in the midterm elections and this nonsense will be finished with.

trump will not be charged with sedition because it is impossible to prove, this is a show trial. A complete joke.

It's not a trial at all, it's a public hearing.

As another poster said,

I find little more vindicating than the Trumpsters trying to shut down this committee and delegitimize its findings unless of course they exonerate their idol.

• Advertisement

correct it’s not a trial, it’s a show trial

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's not a show trial either, it's a public hearing.

Not at all.

There's no judicial authority here. This is the legislative branch. Where's the judge?

This hearing is the greatest advertisement for Truth Social possible. All I want to do is sign up to try see the meltdown in real time.

So in addition to recap for those who weren't following the news cycle on the daily during the election, we learned Brad Raffensperger's daughter in law's house was broken into, numerous death threats occured etc.; Senator Ron Johnson and Rep Andy Biggs are about to go through some things, too. And Rudy Freeman's testimony was wrenching. After being doxxed by MAGA people barged into her home to attempt a citizens arrest, claiming her granddaughter had rigged the election for Biden. The cmte showed Trump knew he lost, tried to break the law anyway, promised deals for those who cooperated, and that his actions ended up putting lives in danger.

Why do you have an issue with the facts being documented? You don't seem to be disputing the facts themselves and nobody else is either. If anything this destroys the narrative that Trump supporters have been pushing up until now which is that the insurrection wasn't a violent attempt to change the result and that Trump bears no responsibility for it. Why don't you like the facts being made public?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I went to their site and got an access denied message.

Maybe it's withered and died like everything else Trump has touched.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Do you know what hearsay means? This is all this hearing is. You would see more violence at a Celtic rangers game.

there is zero evidence trump organised anything.

what don’t you get about this , now maybe there is real evidence and not just hearsay to come. If the hearing can show this evidence than I will accept it, so far a bunch of people saying they believe in their mind it was sedition or I was told by X trump did or said something criminal Is not evidence.

surely you are not so driven by anti trump bias you would see our justice system bypassed so you get you want.

Advertisement