Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Ya, agree on that, there will we huge interest now post-covid. But there will be some floating around from the middle of next week on.

Would dearly see Limerick & Clare fans unite and kick 40 shades of shite out of the first lowlife with a North inner city Dublin accent they see near the stadium shouting "Anyone buying or selling a ticket".....

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

You might be over doing it with 40. He might only be able to endure having about 37 'shades' violently knocked out of him. However the idea is sound and should be acted upon. That is the kind of conduct up with which we should not put.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭einn32

Hurling team named as expected really. I think it will be a tight game. Clare are definitely on a roll!

The footballers were really shown the level they have to be at to compete with the best. Hopefully they can get another performance under their belt in the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭billyhead

So how do we expect tomorrow to go folks. I think Clare will have a right go at it and keep in touch until the last quarter until we pull away and win with a few points to spare.

I am incredibly poor at predicting how these games will go but Clare's form can't be denied. They are one of those sticky teams that are hard to finally beat. If we'd Lynch fit I'd be a lot more confident. I'm leaning towards a narrow Clare win tbh, but I'll live with that if we get Casey and Lynch back for the later games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭moby2101

I agree with the above comments re Clare.serious team on the up no doubt.

i think we haven’t shown our hand at all this year in any game , im sure Kinnerk and Kiely have been watching the improvement in Clare’s overall style of play and have a few work arounds that we will see tomorrow.

Massive occasion tomorrow, biggest crowd at a GAA match ANYWHERE since 2019…

I think Clare will struggle with the big occasion and we will hit a good vein of form and lead from the front.

Limerick by 7 or 8 .

HON LIMERICK

Yeah, I do think we probably still have the best management in Munster but management can only do so much against injuries and form.

Impossible to call. i see it as 50/50. If Lynch and Casey were available i would definitely lean towards Limerick. In last years A.I. final Casey scored 5 in 25 mins, Lynch scored 6 throughout the game and assisted for 2-11, that's an incredible contribution by any means. Clare ARE the form team, and while Limerick's backs have so far been outstanding as a unit, the form of Flanagan,Hayes and Tom Morrissey is a concern. However, Tom really picked it up in the last game in Ennis so that's a good sign. Hayes and Flanagan were returning from injury so they may see a return to form tomorrow. The return of Donovan,O'Neill and Gillane is a massive bonus.

It will be interesting to see what Kiely,Kinnerk and co. come up with. The Clare fans strangely are not that confident, considering that the team/squad have done everything asked of them so far, and more.

Either way, both teams will still be in the championship this time tomorrow night, and in 3-4 weeks time the Munster Final will be a distant memory.

Read in one of the papers the mood amongst the Clare panel is they are annoyed that Limerick followed up the breakthrough in 2018 in a way Clare didn't in 2013. Tomorrow they'll be going all out to right that, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i can assure you we as supporters were fairly peeved that we never followed it up either , not sure if its interpreted properly though , its not a gripe against limerick its just that both tipperary and galway along with ourselves looked like they could dominate after we won our all irelands and never did where ye did impressively, especially last year

• Advertisement

Which paper.? Total rubbish anyway. How would a win tomorrow "right that".

Was it Limerick's fault that Clare failed to follow up the 2013 win.? Definitely not.

Did Limerick commit some crime by winning 3 titles in 4 years.?

If anything, Limerick should be annoyed that they failed to follow up victory in 2018 with a victory in 2019 when they were probably the best team in the country. This is a once in a lifetime fine Limerick team (when dealing with a full deck) and deserve the 3 titles.

Some day soon (hopefully not too soon) this team will be roped in and surpassed by the pack. Current form and injuries mean that tomorrow's game is 50/50.

But like i said already, in a few short weeks the Munster Final (and Leinster Final) will be distant memories, regardless of this weekends results.

in fairness the kilkenny game in 2019 was controversial

i dont think that will be the grounds for motivation though, mick mackey will be happy with the pairing of the sides in the inaugural final named after him , he spent most of his life working as a van driver out of ardnacrusha power station ,terriosing anoying and slagging the locals for years , he loved the craic and the slagging side of the game , always believed that the cork lads especially christy ring took the game too seriously

no one will be taking things too seriously either side of the 70 minutes , the craic wiil be good just like he would have wanted it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

The great Mick Mackey whom everyone loved on both sides of the Shannon. Popped over the Bridge one Spring and won a County Minor title with Clonlara. There's a photo of him in the Clonlara colours in Stritches I think. But yeah games like last night suck the life out of people. Hopefully today's game will purge last night's borefest from out memory.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Examiner I think.

Fwiw, I don't think it was meant in an "anti-Limerick" way, more an annoyance (at themselves maybe?) their hurling careers haven't gone as well as they could have. it's actually hard to believe a panel with Clare's talent didn't win at least one Munster in this era, imo. That said, Kelly is only 28 and O'Donnell is only 27, they've a lot of time left to win things.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

As a neutral I'd love for Clare to win to share the glory around a bit.

However, I still don't think we've seen a solid 70 minutes from Limerick yet and if we do they'll be at least 6 points clear of Clare when the whistle blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

cant go to the match that f....king covid,hope none of the teams gets a bad outbreak as it seems to be rampant

• Registered Users Posts: 25,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

A bit of a reverse of the 90s where we were looking on at what could have been.

Your getting very worked up about an article you didn't even read.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Will Ger see red do you think?

Keep an eye on the big fella.

Ref missed a red or two last night so think the pressure is on the ref today to be absolutely sure it's a red offence.

Is the rain expected to pass does anyone know? Makes the game even more of a lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I check xcweather for the forecast and that doesn't look great, hopefully its wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Terrific score by Hegarty…..no denying that.

well done today lads enjoy these days lads ye deserve them more then most counties ,

great day in thurles craic was mighty , if you want to know how disappointed we are tonight , think of that neill back for Leicester moment in the European cup final in 2002 ,

not that we were robbed but like munster that day our performance today would have won several munster finals,

byrnes ,tony kelly , and barry nash are the players in the running for hurler of the year , i was actually put out that nash didnt get man of the match he was fantastic today, so was sean finn , flannagan is some man also he seems a character he dosnt get anywhere near the praise he deserves , he probably was the difference today

i always mention 2013 and declan hannon and how far he has lifted himself fromthat bad semi final against us , he took it hard for a few years after , but its great to see him enjoying such success now he is some leader to be fair ,and like yourselves he deserves all this success well done ,

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

Thanks for those kind comments WSH. I have to say we were in the midst of a good few Clare supporters yesterday and they were, as ever, to a man, very gracious in defeat. Clare have a very fine team and all agree it was a tremendous game yesterday. In ordinary time it could have gone either way. TK was outstanding but several of his teammates played very well also. Seamus Flanagan was indeed exceptional again yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Fabolous occasion in Thurles yesterday , huge crowd , great game and the right result from Limerick point of view .

Some athmosphere around Thurles with friendly banter , trains were packed from limerick to thurles , a great day to be alive , roll on Croke park and all ireland semi final !!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

Definitely in favour of this 'Barry Nash for hurler of the year' talk as I've him backed at 66/1 ....hard to see Kelly not winning it though....not sure I've ever seen a better player.

I was at both provincial finals last weekend and, leaving aside the standard of the games there was a massive contrast between the two in terms of occassions. The Leinster final suffered from being in Croke Park. No more than 20-22 thousand there I'd guess, and a poor atmosphere overall. A lot of people more interested in going in and out for drinks than watching the match....coming back from half time 10 minutes into the second half etc.....the number of times I had to stand up to let people past....🙄

Total contrast with thurles on Sunday....fevered atmosphere in a full house....and just a fantastic occassion overall. Thank god for the Munster hurling championship.

A Limerick v Clare all ireland final looks a distinct possibly and if it does work out that way, you can be fairly sure it'll go down to the wire........as they say in racing, there is no more than the width of a cigarette paper between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Think I read there was 31k in Croke Park, seemed like less on TV, i reckon very few Antrim and Kerry supporters bringing young children stayed for the Leinster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭einn32

That was a titanic battle on Sunday. It's a game we probably would have lost a few years ago but we have definitely become a team that knows how to win. Clare played very well and had a good plan. We struggled on their puckouts again. Their forwards worked really hard when we tried coming out. We used a lot of long ball to good enough effeflct I thought. Conditions were hard and we just never reacted to anything really. Some achievement to win four Munster titles in a row. I thought winning one 9 years ago was unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

so it's limerick v galway in the semi what's the thinking on this? yesterday's qfs were brutal.

you'd have to fancy us v galway or is that dangerous talk

• Advertisement

We should be able to win it without ever getting into a panic. In fairness if we can win this by a few points we have no business being in an All Ireland final.

Advertisement