Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol literally none of that is true.

You started by claiming that Cheerful wasn't a holocaust denier and claimed that we were all slandering him. Then only when you were cornered on a definition and he made it extremely clear did you finally begrudgingly admit he was one. Then later on the feedback thread you once again denied that he was a holocaust denier and we were all just slandering him. I had to quote your own post back to you.

And no man, I did not "rail" against you template. Nor did I try to discredit it. I spent a good amount of time on the thread discussing it and trying to explain the issues that could be solved to make it workable.

You know who didn't at all comment or support your template idea?

You know who didn't at all suggest any workable reforms or fixes?

You know who kept dodging questions and points and issues about the behaviour and tactics of conspiracy theorists? (One such tactic was the constant link dumping and running that Buzzer is engaging in btw.)

You know who spent the thread hurling out insults and accusations of being shills?

Of course you don't, cause you've this weird selectively blindness when it comes to conspiracy theorists.

But as you say, you've no interest in the actual topic or reading the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What's your point here? That I'm not to be trusted because of something that happened on a thread once a couple of years ago?

On the feedback thread you made sure the only topic discussed was this "you sided with a holocaust denier" thing which lead to the thread being closed. I was accused of dodging questions because I wasn't replying quickly enough as well as all the other crap that's accepted here.

You may have discussed the template but you certainly did your utmost to ensure that 1, it wasn't going to be adopted as a standard and 2 that it would be thoroughly discredited by it's association with me who you went out of your way to discredit.

Do you feel that the type of stuff that gets posted here in reply to people putting forward theories is acceptable? I'm not talking about refuting their arguments, that fine of course, but the open abuse of people?

I proposed a system that would mean that YOU were holding ALL the cards. It allowed YOU to have a system that would ensure dumping links and running would be a thing of the past, that all new threads would have to meet a certain criteria to simply be considered for discussion. This favored YOU and you made sure it didn't happen.

The reason? You enjoy punching down. You enjoy feeling like the smartest person in the room and you revel in the abuse that gets handed out to anyone who dares to post here.

This is probably the most broken forum on this site, moderation appears to be non existent for example and the natives have been allowed to do as they please and that's the way you like it.

You want to make out that I'm being unreasonable for not discussing the topic? I already explained that I was name checked in this thread in relation to the template I suggested previously, that's why I'm here, simply to point out what a rotten excuse for a forum this is.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

They are calling it a reintroduction, I'm not going to comply with this bullshit that's for sure.

They can get fcked. 95% of the population vaccinated and the vulnerable having the choice to get boosted and these people want to put gimp masks on everyone again...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's the usual Independent twist on a Donnelly non-answer of not ruling things out in response to yet another alarmist INMO call. They did the same back in March, completely incorrectly then as well, but they do want to run the health system in the country!

They are very impulsive and this kind of thing will play into the hands of people saying " I told you so"

The media are worse, trying to keep people in perpetual fear, while they were spinning there's nothing to fear,then they're saying oh you need more fear.

Wear your masks of compliance again, it would be interesting to see how this winter plays out while they're at this game again. I think people were glad when we were told nothing to worry about. Just get on with it now back to normal....

As they say the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth is a few months now.

• Advertisement

But you're lying again. They were tested and they've turned out to be a pretty huge success overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A spelling check would not have revealed the error. Pretty telling as well that you didnt respond to similar abuse from the pro conspiracy crowd.

You received no support for your template from the conspiracy theorists..

In relation to my ad hominem against buzz. I'll happily stand by it as I do genuinely sympathise that there's a family likely dealing with this on a frequent basis.

Discussion with him is simply not possible by the way. Feel free to check his post history. So yep I'm somewhat at the end of my tether with posters such as him.

°°°°°

Point it out and I'll criticize it.

Typically the abuse comes from the same people.

A thread was created here about how somebody was proud of being a conspiracy theorist, every reply was abusive and all from the same side of the aisle. That's the norm here whether you wish to admit it or not.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Any ad hominem is below the minimum standard set out in the charter, whether you stand by it or not.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The conspiracy forum is poisonous whether you are pro conspiracy or anti

But it isn't though.

People can go back and have a look at the thread if they like. Or you can back up your accusations.

But since you won't do that, any comment on which covid measures will be permanent?

Any comment on how conspiracy theorists like Buzzer have been copy and pasting from twitter with no attempt to fact check or look into those claims?

Any comment on the clear hypocrisy of conspiracy theorists accusing people of fearmongering?

°°°°°

On the linked page above that issue was pretty much all that was discussed by you and others.

You're lying if you're saying you didn't shift the focus of that thread to that topic and it's there for anyone to read. The thread was locked shortly afterwards.

Why do you feel the need to lie about it?

As for this thread, I've already stated I'm only here because I was name checked. I couldn't care less about this topic, how many times do I have to say that before you understand it?

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

That's my contention in a nutshell.

The behavior here is by the standards of this site absolutely dreadful.

Glazers Out!

Cool thanks for that:

But like you said, you're not interested in discussing the conspiracy theory.

°°°°°

You're welcome. Funny that you're having a go about me not wanting to discuss the thread topic here when you gladly dragged the feedback thread so far off topic just to discredit me.

You asked if I could back up my accusations, I did, by linking to the thread you said people could go back and read, now they can.

Funny how you've moved on from that position once the link was posted. Maybe your memory of the thread isn't great, maybe you were just lying and hoping no evidence would be provided, who knows?

Yet again making me out to be unreasonable for not discussing the topic of this thread, I reiterate that I'm only here as I was name checked on the topic of the template I suggested.

I'd prefer to discuss that topic in a thread dedicated to it but the one that existed previously was locked thanks to you and your cronies so you can have a word with yourself about that issue.

Glazers Out!

Yup. And they should read that post I highlighted.

°°°°°

Yeah, that's all they should read in your opinion isn't it?

Never mind the fact that the thread descended into a mess on foot of that issue which was completely off topic and led to it being locked. No more discussion of reform for the CT forum, phew.

What suggestions did you make to improve the forum on that thread?

I made a suggestion that gave you everything you could possibly want and all you can say about it is that the conspiracy people didn't support it. They weren't supposed to support it, you were but the fact is that by eliminating the crap from the forum your ability to act the way you do would be removed as well, which is incredibly telling about what your motivations are.

There was talk from the skeptic side on that thread about how you are performing a service by tackling conspiracy theories, the absolute hubris of such a notion seems to be completely lost on you. The only people paying attention to this forum are the small group of people who seem to dedicate their entire lives to it.

No service is being performed, you're just entertaining yourselves.

I've proved above that you're happy to engage in telling bare faced lies once they suit you, the irony, I misjudged a posters motivations once a few years ago and anytime I'm here you remind me of it but your BS is beyond reproach somehow. You're a funny guy.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Masks reduce the spread. If there's a big enough spike in Covid, we may have to wear them again.

I have no idea why you are so angry about that, very bizarre. It's an infectious virus, we don't have some "contract" with it.

On the feedback thread you made sure the only topic discussed was this "you sided with a holocaust denier" thing which lead to the thread being closed. I was accused of dodging questions because I wasn't replying quickly enough as well as all the other crap that's accepted here.

You brought it up. You were not being accurate about what happened. I corrected you.

You're doing the same now.

And yes, people can look at that thread and they can see plenty of examples of me suggesting stuff.

°°°°°

I brought it up?

Sorry, you brought it up, on this very page...

Do you really believe that repeating your lies somehow makes them turn into the truth?

Why don't you answer a question I posed. Do you believe the abuse that gets handed out in this forum is warranted?

Glazers Out!

You said:

On the feedback thread you made sure the only topic discussed was this "you sided with a holocaust denier" thing which lead to the thread being closed. 

You brought it up on the feedback thread.

And yes, I brought it up now cause you're making a similar mistake by butting into a discussion and taking a conspiracy theorist's side without knowing, or caring what he's posting.

You shouldn't do that as evidentially it leads you into some embarrassment.

And Lol. It's very funny for you to whinge at me for not answering questions.

°°°°°

Again you're distorting things to suit your ends.

It was actually Dohnjoe who raised the topic...

I then replied saying that we had a disagreement previously , you then proceeded to post at length about it, it then became an increasingly prominent part of the discussion, the thread was closed soon after.

I'm being led to embarrassment? I've knocked everything you've thrown at me squarely back at you. I've consistently shown how you're distorting things here, your dishonesty is mind boggling.

I'm not whinging about you not answering questions but it's telling that you'd rather not address the issue of name calling and ad hominems being so commonplace here.

Post edited by nullzero on

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

Glazers Out!

Sounds like you'll do anything you're told without question.

Weren't we told from now on they're going to treat any outbreak like a common cold or flu and we'll have to just normalize COVID.

When was it compulsory before covid to wear masks during flu season ?

Didn't we conclude that the vaccines work for the vulnerable and elderly and that it's up to anyone else to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When was it compulsory before covid to wear masks during flu season ?

It wasn't but perhaps it should have been. It might have reduced the number of people who caught it.

Didn't we conclude that the vaccines work for the vulnerable and elderly and that it's up to anyone else to take it.

When did we conclude that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You sound like every conspiracy theorist in here.

As much as you want it to be, the reaction to the virus isn't political. If there's another spike and health professionals advise certain measures in certain situations, then that's what we may have to do. This may come as a shock to you, but you don't know more than them :)

"Weren't we told", "didn't we conclude" - Nope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement