Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Vodafone told me that the UK no different than the EU for roaming so no charges. Confirmed by the website also so we should be okay.

Because I'm middle aged and can't drink like I used to, I'm thinking of bringing almost no drink at all and completely relying on vendors. How are the queues? Is this feasible? Or will I be spending most of my festival waiting in line

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bars everywhere. Queues basically 0 90% of the time. Big bars at main stages during busy acts can get a bit jammed but its a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone heading off today? I’m working from home tomorrow and taking a half day because I still have to pack and get a few bits. I’m getting the early flight to Bristol Wednesday morning and should be at the gates around midday. Can’t wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

Tickets including camper van ticket arrived this morning. What a beautiful day this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Last day at work until Thursday week. Flight to Bristol tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully a clear run from the hotel to the festival site at 7.30am and arriving at the earliest time ever. All very real now, lads. And to think this time 3 months ago we didn't even have tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Love to hear of someone with joy in resale.. makes it even sweeter!

Started my 2nd last day of work - am flying out 2pm on Wednesday from Knock - Bristol. Just did our Ocado order to Campervan place for delivery around midday so fingers crossed all will be good there. Booked a 20kg check in bag on Ryanair flight for myself and missus, but 2 additional days in Bath after and the outlook of quite chilly temperatures this weekend made up add another 10kg check-in bag for more bulk.

Glasto doc on BBC last night was fantastic too.. really got me in the mood!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you are needing to get a UK sim card you'll be able to pick one up for a few quid in anywhere that you stop to fetch beer supplies from, of probably in the airport when you land as well. Loads of stupidly cheap cards with plenty of data for a week.

EE obviously have network coverage on site, but the other networks will have put up additional masts nearby as well so shouldn't make any difference which network you are on. If roaming on your Irish network you'll have the best coverage though as will be able to use all networks whilst us locals will be stuck with what we have.

It’s always been rubbish in the past. Really slow because all the networks get over loaded. I have a 5G phone this year so maybe it’ll be better but I’m perfectly ok with having little to no internet for 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Flying out to Bristol Wed morning (Could only get coach/fest tickets for Thursday morning). On a crappy phone call at the moment for about an hour (With no end in site). But looking out at a beautiful day and knowing it's basically already Thursday for me so have a smile on my face. One of my group heading to the airport today. (And all our local shopping such as booze and chairs etc) is confirmed for delivery to his travelodge tomorrow within a 1 hour window.

That doc was very good alright. And very honest as well.

So happy people were able to get resale tickets. I know I always say it is always a go and how you would be surprised how it is not a lost cause.

Now the age-old question: To Wellie Or Not To Wellie (I don't want to jinx it but I'm NOT Wellie-ing up...)

• Advertisement

You leaving the wellies at home? That’s brave. Saturday could still go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

I don't think the wellies will be needed. I'm still debating whether to bring hiking boots or Nike trail running trainers tbh. Whilst it's to rain on Saturday/Sunday, it would take serious amounts of rain to need wellies, and it's only forecast for a couple of showers at the moment.

Well, I have a pair of work boots. I will make final decision tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Very jealous of you all. Have a great week!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭crl84

I got by fine with hiking boots in 2016, when the whole site was basically a sludge-fest for the 5 days, after two weeks of rain before that.

No need at all for wellies this year IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gilly1910

So jealous as well, Glasto has always been on my bucket list, so what is the best way to get tickets, and is a camper van the best way to go, as my missus just point blank refuses to stay in a tent. Enjoy all of you who are lucky enough to be going.

Hiking boots will be grand regardless.

As I've said before, strength-in-numbers to get tickets. I've got tickets for the last 5 festivals (4 in general sale, 1 in resale) and it's been at least 6-8 people on varying computers, locations, devices, VPN's etc. And it's NEVER a sure thing!

As for best way to do it, I've done Worthy View, Tangerine Fields and Campervan.

Campervan wins out but glamping with VW/TF isn't bad as no tent to haul with you / setup and showers are fairly well organised too. Both WV and TF are a bit of a trek though so bear that in mind.

Try for next year. Was on my bucket list but problem is once you go once, you'll get the buzz to keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If anyone is thinking of booking a flyer ticket (coach from Bristol Airport to Bristol) online be careful. Website is eating bookings currently.. taking payment but not spitting out tickets. Good luck with getting through to anyone to sort it either. You can pay on the coach and the online booking gives you no preference if there is a queue.

Also in other Bristol airport news there have been a lot of complaints about check in luggage taking hours to get to the carousels. Hopefully they'll have prepped for the influx in the next few days but be careful not to pack things like tickets and meds in your check in (generally good advice anyway). If the luggage goes walkies have enough stuff on you that you could theoretically manage at the festival with a cheapo tent picked up in Bristol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Also very jealous - been to hundreds of gigs but never Glastonbury. Will be watching from afar although going to see St Vincent on Sunday as consolation. Wishing you all a great few days celebrating arts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

One last night shift to do and then take a bus half way across the country so I can get a bus back again... Total waste of 24 hours and two bus rides... But means that Glastonbury kind of starts tomorrow morning when I leave the house.

Will just be taking walking boots and a pair of gaiters to close the gap to waterproof trousers if needed then should be fine through any conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Hiking boots all the way (as long as they're actual proper hiking boots). Plus, very comfortable socks!

Yeah, the doc was good alright and, as mentioned above, honest too.

The problem i find with buying tickets is what if you don't have a credit card? How do you get around that? Even the likes of Revolut/Wise/N26 are debit cards.

As for internet? No harm in not having it for a week. Aside from last minute info on lineup changes i'm not sure why you'd even need it tbh. Just go with the flow and only concern yourself with your absolute essential, must see acts.

Have a good 'un everyone.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

One of our group arrived in Bristol. Ryanair flight was late departing by about 1 hour. Was about an hour waiting for baggage but they made it, bags and all.

Looking good 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Is that just to get the coach ticket? Fairly sure someone on Efests said if you miss the coach your ticket gets handed in to the box office, might be able to save yourself some hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

pretty sad state of affairs that a '80 year old man' is the headline act, shows you the state of the current crop of pop acts😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭crl84

He's one of the headline acts, the other two are quite young - 20 and 35.

And shitloads of young, diverse pop acts across the Pyramid and other stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭losetheforce

Bus

Can anyone please advise about getting the bus from BRS airport to the campsite.

I arrive on FR506 into Bristol at 15:55, how long will it take to get there? Is there a reasonable bus option, what I am aseeing is 3 buses and hours of travelling. Is a taxi the best option?

thxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

At that time of the day most of the worst of the traffic should be gone so you should be grand with either. I have never got the bus directly from the Airport so I am unsure what the story is with booking that or how frequent it is. If you can get some people to split the taxi then it'll probably be a similar price and you can get a quick pitstop in a Tesco (the one in Wells is a good option) to get some bits. if you ask at the Arrow cabs desk they'll probably pair you with some randos. The taxi alone is probably going to be near 80 quid so don't do that.

Advertisement