Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Great morning out there - hardly a breeze and prolonged sunshine. Between 16c and 17c currently but feels much warmer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A beautiful day here in Meath plenty of sun and feeling warm, temperature currently 20C but might get to 21 or 22C if the sun stays shining for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great summers day in Greystones. Only 15.8c but feels a lot warmer in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

First truly summer-like skies I've seen this year. 22c just now in my garden in Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Stunning day here in Dublin 7. The best for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,411 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Great post. I imagine grass growth is negatively impacted by all the dry weather and cooler temps. It must be worrying considering the added issue of higher fertiliser costs. Farmers must be using less fertiliser now which will impact yield. Especially a problem for dairy. Fodder costs will rise too. And I won't even mention diesel.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lovely here in East Clare..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today is probably the best day we've had this summer so far. I know we've had warmer days last week but the sunshine wasn't even close to the levels we have today. Tomorrow will be rather dissapointing with alot of cloud and drizzle about but Wednesday and Thursday look decent again. Make the most of the weather between now and Thursday evening.

The weather we have in Ireland today is actually better than much of north-western Spain and Portugal. Very unseasonable there you woud be better off in Ireland for much of this week. Things will improve there later in the week. Goes to show how chilly the Atlantic is during the summer even for places much further south than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Up to 21.1c here now and barely a cloud in the sky,gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep I agree Gonzo, it's the sunny days that are the best 😎.Even if technically warmer some days last week, cloudy and warm is no good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Stunning morning. A lot of Dew on the grass first thing. But the sun quickly dried that. Best day of the year by far.

Locally the last 3 weeks have seen a considerable slow down in the growth of grass. The low temp and lack of sun has impacted greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

I love high summer, that fortnight either side of the summer solstice, roughly 7 June until 5 July.

When (Laois example) brightness appears on the eastern horizon on a clear morning around 3.30am. And on a clear evening brightness lingers until 11.45pm. Obviously a little longer the more westerly you go.

And it's just amazing on a day like today. Just about to bale hay, and there's nothing like the smell of fresh hay saved without rain. Simple pleasures.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still a few stragglers west of Kerry Head now. Leader in Donegal Bay now.

https://yb.tl/isora2022_8

Post edited by DOCARCH on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Use farmers love fine weather as well😉😉

Over 20c and a nice gentle breeze. Belter of a day since sunrise

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

I know a lot of people have been complaining about this summer, but in my location 1 km SE of casement as the crow flies it has been really far from a" bad" summer. People would do well to recall that God awful spell from 2008 to 2011 where we literally did not have a summer in four years.

Belter of a day here also so no complaints from me on both counts.☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Close to 23c in South Laois. Notable yellows on the grass to the bottom left of the image which wasn't cut for silage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Same in Kilkenny- So far I’d defo peg this one down as a “good summer”. Has been very dry and some warm sunny days

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Summer has arrived in NCD

And it's gone again tomorrow I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Glorious here in D20

A cracking day today in Meath too, temperatures very close to 23C. Tomorrow won't be great, mostly cloudy with spots of drizzle. Maybe some sunny breaks in the second half of the day, temperatures generally 15 to 18C, maybe a 19 or 20C if enough sun shines tomorrow evening.

Wednesday and Thursday will be decent again with temperatures generally 18 to 24C then a big change from Friday and into the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

An absolutely beautiful day in Kildare today with light breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Casement at 23 at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Divine day in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Warmest day at home since the last Saturday in September 2021 I'd say. 26 September I think, it reached around 22/23C that day, amazing for so late in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Where is this beautiful place ,I would not be familar with Cork but guessing Passage west .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Looks like the city, just south of the quays and around Montenotte?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

That's it, just down the river from the city centre. Down by Pairc Ui Caoimh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Yeah, I'd imagine taken from the walkway just on the city side of Pairc ui Chaoimh

Many a day spent sitting on those exact banks looking across to the north bank.

Used to live for a time in Ballintemple. Very fond memories.

• Advertisement

Amazing how a clear sky really accentuates the long evening.. if I remember last year, we were under heavy cloud cover around the longest day of the year..

Advertisement