Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

You certainly would not loose anything, even if going the simple less hassle way of dealer straight buy back.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭UID0

It's to do with people ordering cars, and then cancelling when the car is already produced. The car will still arrive to the dealer, and they will then sell it. When I was talking to the dealer in February, I was told that VW cancelled all orders for cars to stock from the dealers (they had to have a buyer lined up with a deposit paid) at the same time as they decided to reduce the options available to order to just the Life DX, but that there would still be a (small) number that would arrive in where the customer cancelled. Most of those were due in by the end of the summer, but that was before the reduction in output, so it may be the end of the year or later before they've all passed through the system.

The big advantage you have with the tour is limited supply and unavailability to order, even if willing to wait. If you wanted to sell it, you could get close to the current list price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

So, the cheapest ID.3 you can buy off the book right now is €40k after grants! 😯

Its going to make for interesting trade-in discussions for the ID.3 1st owners who paid ~€33k for a somewhat similar spec car. The entry spec right now is a little better as it has some extras but they are not deal breaker extras (rear view camera, wireless phone charging, keyless entry etc).

I think ID.3 1st owners will be able to get most of their money back after 2-3 years of driving.

A few 202 ID.3 1st's on done deal right now asking €37k. Its a crazy market.

Crazy alright, don't forget that original purchasers got a few bits included as well, such as 2000kWh of charging and an option of free charger or whatever..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If there was an alternative available, I'd certainly consider selling the Tour. Live the car but hate VW and their shambolic approach to the software.

Like I say though, I negotiated €2k off the list price when I bought, plus got 0% on PCP. There's nothing around that can compete, plus I'm not prepared to give up any range or spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

interesting indeed - i'm going to get a price for trade in later this week; 1st plus with 20,000kms on the clock. got in oct'20 so lets see what they have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What are you thinking of changing to?

I'm hoping to sell my 1st in the next few weeks once I spot something to replace it with (older Leaf, Zoe etc) as I'm only going up and down to work 5KM away and we've the Ioniq 5 now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Is there much new features expected for the 2023 ID3 model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Was looking at an EV6 GT but they are no longer on the market so will have a look at the ID4/ID5 to see what sort of money/timeframe we are talking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Looking for advice on the A/C

So I like to leave the AC on and set at 17-20C (this week its 17), but there never seems to be a happy medium between some vent hitting either my knee of a hand on the wheel - I have the blower set to min, max was nice and fast but just annoying noise wise.

That blower by my knee never seems to point in a nice direction. Just hoping someone has a rubric they enjoy?

You should set it to auto. If you are messing with the fan speed etc you are removing the cars control of it and so it will keep blowing cold air at the same speed all the time. Let it at auto and it will lower the fan speed as the car gets to temp and so you won't feel so cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Perhaps I have some setting wrong, but I find auto is just plain loud and annoying and it never really seems to calm down. Of course memory plays tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Auto will only be loud in some circumstances, i.e like today when it was 22C outside and it's working hard to get the car to 16 or 18C. Whenever the temperature is reached it will then just maintain it.

If it's on Low temperature it will be on max fan speed at all times as this is essentially 'Max AC' function.

If I'm not mistaken the ID.3 has 3 auto settings of low, normal and high? Or at least the Cupra Born did when I drove it.

Auto climate is great, it's not just about keeping the temperature but the AC will keep the air fresh so it never gets stuffy and windows don't mist up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I am the same as you Phil and with the way the second hand market is it makes looking at changing an option but the 0%, spec and range just aren't there at the minute and with interest rates rising there won't be a 0% pcp to be found and that is what swung buying the Tour in the first place.

If I pass a Born dealer I might call in for a look at the 77kW E-boost as it is probably the closest on spec and the interior looks better imo.

The Ionic 5 and EV6 are getting pricey, then again the numbers might come up tonight and I'll be in looking at the EQS with the hyper screen...😁

Once it hits the set temp it will slow down. Just give it more time.

As a test, set it to auto and then activate the climate control remotely on the app 15-20mins before you leave for a journey and see how it feels then. It should be at temp when you start and should not be at high speed.

Auto is the best but hate the way it blasts out the centre vents (Not only VW). Ok you can divert it from your face, I find AC gives me dry eyes. Not adjusting the temp too low helps a lot.

If the outside temp is 22C on a sunny day like today, then the temp inside is probably very hot. My parked up car is showing 45C atm with all windows cracked open.

Yesterday was a similar day down here, I found 22C on auto kept the car(Not VW) very comfortable without the fan roaring. I do have a heat pump and found range was only barely affected.

Edit. I think I used to use similar temps on my ID.3 in the hot days, then reducing the temp in the evenings so that the heater would not come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I was offered 30k for id3. 1st with 30k km. This was against a business Id. 4 which is now close to €55k. At this point I think I'll keep the car after pcp will run out in September 23. ID.4 became too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I see €37,945 is the cheapest id3 on Carzone- there is no way I’d give it away for 30k, you have a great car under you, maybe even spec’d better than the ‘new’ DX version - I see it’s now €55,465 for the id4 business 204hp, €53,930 for the 174bhp-

Business is the first trim level to get the Matrix setup- probably the one to get

• Advertisement

Surely at €55,465 for the 204hp Business you would not get the grant and would be over €60K. Looks like it will get the grant at just over €54K quoted, but add a few bits and it looses the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

PCP with VW on ID3 and I'm assuming if interested in jumping ship to a different brand I would have to sell the car privately and pay off VW or does anyone with experience of this know how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Well spotted eagerv- that could be a game changer -

If a car comes all in at €59,999 does it still make the grant ? So the price you pay is the €59,999-

What if the car was all in retailing at €60,050?

It will loose the grant. Same happened with iD.4 in family trim which is ab 62k now.

There are no cars atm with an after grant price of between €55K and €60K😏

(For a private buyer)

You can trade in the car and the finance will be settled by the garage. Trade in value could be low though. There are plenty of positive stories with selling car with outstanding finance privately. The best way is probably first settle the finance yourself, get the confirmation leyter from VW bank and then sell privately. Less hassle and questions.

The 1st spec is def worse than dx, just ab 7k cheaper. I was doing some warranty work, so decided to check how much the car was worth. Not surprised I was offered 30k, I wouldn't buy another car from that dealership anyway. Clueless...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

My letter says I can clear the debt at any time, I dont see any not on penalties which there should not be as with the time value of money they are winning.

Will be fun when EU interest rates hit 4 to 5 % in 12 months time

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Thats shocking, most garages selling 2020 ID 3 1st & 1st plus models from 37k up, several are more than 40k

• Advertisement

Just to add, I presume VW have a little leyway to keep the gross price just below €60K, eg throwing in metallic paint or something similar, to enable the car to sell for €55K. Other manufacturers such as Tesla have totally transparent pricing where adding Red (€2300 option) to the base model adds €7473 to the final price after losing grant plus added VRT etc.😕

Advertisement