Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Class. My install finally due in next 2 weeks. Looking forward to being able to post in this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Has potential to be a banger today!!!....practically the longest day of the year also...here's hoping those clouds during the middle of the day do not materialize. Clear blue skies here at 07:45 and already generating 600W

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

What orientation is your setup ECO?

Early start these days, albeit a pittance until ~5am (100w). Rising sun essentially opposite side of my panels. Battery covering usage until 04-04:30.

Just 300w imported this morning to fill the gap between battery and sufficient production.

Directly south but its an open site so catch the sun early. 6.1kWp system also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gonna be a belter. And I'm home all day so I can plug in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

expecting big things today, cloudless in the Midlands, longest day won't impact me due to estate housing/tree shadings but hope all ye dusk generators clean up!

Unfortunately I seem to be clipping at 5.3kW so a good day but probably not as good as I'd hoped.

Clipping here too, no cold breeze to cool down the panels

Disappointing in the end. A dirty great cloud rolled out of Derry and killed it dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Another century today, 101.2kWh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

41.5 for me today .

Went exactly has Met Eireann predicted...clear blue skies until around 11-12am then cleared up again around 4pm... generated 41.7 kWh though so it was a good day.

I still find it amazing that they cant predict with that accuracy. I know I got the report early that morning but still

43.5, easily the highest day of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cracking day in Galway with blue sky all day but the heat meant it is not a record breaker for me even though not a cloud to be seen.

40kw exported would have bothered me few months back but now I can hear the ching ching of fit it's quite good feeling to see it 😬

Post edited by irishchris on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

46.3 today, best of the year so far but 48kwh remains the all record high of last year.

This time last year I was exporting a lot more, glad to see it down significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

My neighbour put 11kW into her Leaf today. Far better than going out to the grid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Happy Solstice all, no records being broken today that is for sure.

Didn't quite top our best day as a few clouds rolled in at about 6pm but we'll take it.

Looking at the sun early morning and late evening we really could do with a few panels set up east/west. Will have to look at building some structure for that as our roof is all north/south.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Respectable day, only 3rd best of the month though with 37.2kWh.

Heat chopped the top off the curve sadly, then within half an hour the skies went from blue to black and prematurely ended the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Record day yesterday 46.7kwh, exported 20kw or so.

Just over 14kw today, have a net import of 1.5kw already today, welcome to summer in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Yesterday was a dark windy miserable rainy day... and still got 19.5 kWh out of it.

If only winter was like this.

High sun makes the difference, absolutely bucketing here and I'm getting 0.8kW

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

My best day in in last month on a really sunny weekend was about 100-110 kWh peak production on both the Saturday and Sunday. Highest production at any one time was 16.1 kWh which was great. Lots of power to belt into our EVs

Worst day since April.

Barely 11kWh.

Is there a prize for the maddest day ever?

7.5kW to 290w in less than an hour.

And it didn't get any better!

Wow - first time in _a long_ time that we've had a decent(ish) curve in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

I'm noticing my peak production is down by about 10%, which I assume is down to the much warmer air temperature. I assume that others are seeing the same thing

Advertisement