Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

You mean it doesn't come with floor mats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not that I'm aware of! Not really essential but nice to have as the Born ones have Cupra branding on them, I think floor mats from a dealer are usually €60-80? I got them thrown in for free in my Golf when it was delayed. Currently driving a car without them and I prefer a floor mat under my heel over the rubber section in the carpet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Floor mats are one of those weird items that cars don't come with but are almost always included when you ask for them as part of a sale.

That's strange. I've never bought a brand new car so didn't realise you had to bargain over a couple of bits of carpet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Technically it's classed as an option, I'm pretty sure they treat it like that so that the dealer can be seen to be doing you a favour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

floor mats came with our Id.3 and I didn’t ask for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

When I bought my ID.3 they were mentioned as included as per the spec sheet, the same when I bought my Model 3.

As this is my first brand new car, are there any other things I need to be aware of? Still early days but nice to be prepared.

Ha ha I'll request that they fill it with electrons before I collect.

• Advertisement

For a new car you might need to submit paperwork or have the dealer email your insurance company as the car might not be on their system. Liberty wanted an email from the dealer because they didn't have the Highline spec of the Mk7.5 Golf on their system even though the car was out 5 months at that stage.

I believe the charger grant can only be applied for once you have the VIN.

If you're asking for floor mats keep in mind there's grey, blue and rubber ones so just ask for the right ones. Mud flaps too. The phone charger cable that press cars have would be nice too as they're nice and short and it has Android and iPhone on it. I just don't have high hopes for freebies after being told I could get something at cost price when I asked if they could throw in a cup or a hat, I wouldn't actually bother paying for something like that haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 escape m1

Just got confirmation over the weekend that mine is on route to the port so hopefully getting the boat to Ireland shortly. I'd expect there will be a couple showing up on the roads over the next month or two.

Happy days! When did you place your order?

I wonder how long it takes to go from port to dealer.

Spoke to my dealer, still no build date. 1 built, 2 in production and the car ahead of me still waiting for a build date. Sounds like an August/September delivery. The other cars were only 2-3 weeks earlier than me in ordering so I'm surprised at how far apart production is...

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

I ordered mine in February before the ordering system officially even opened. Still not a peep

@DaveyDave going by one of your earlier posts we appear to be dealing with the same garage. Therefore I assume I'm the one before you waiting on a build date as it looks like I ordered just a couple of days before you. Keep us posted please!

It doesn't sound like my car is going to be delayed so that's a plus and the last 3 months have flown in so the wait isn't killing me, just a bit disappointing to hear how spread out production is.

The sales manager was nice, no sugar coating it. I just wanted to see if there was any progress, having an idea of other people's order dates and current status gives me an idea of what to expect but I'm not looking for regular updates or anything, it will show up when it shows up :)

I confirmed my order in April but it was for one of the last pre-ordered cars that was already in the garages allocation for 2022 so didn't get to be too specific on my options but the specs that they had built in all suited me anyway.

Will be interesting to see how long it actually takes having left the factory to arriving in the dealer alright. No real indication yet of specific date.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

If it's any indication, in early 2021 my current Leon took about a month door to door. That included sorting out grants etc.

As a matter of interest (or nosiness 😆 call it what you will) what spec did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of ordering one of these gorgeous cars.. The test drive went really well. Its the first Hatch EV I've really liked but no surprise there - longtime Leon driver here. Has anyone ordered the eboost? Also, is the heatpump a necessity? Sorry complete newbie to EBS here. I won't see this car until god knows when next year so want to be sure. Even at that, if the budget in October changes anything dramatically grant/VRT wise or Cupra raise prices again, I'll be out. Dealer has been great in that regard. Best of luck to you all getting your new wheels. I'm so jealous 😊

You ordered in April and your car is heading for the port already? Wow, that's great.

I ordered in Feb and not peep about mine yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

I was number 3 in my dealer, out of 10 or 12 supposedly arriving this year...I certainly expected to be near the head of the queue.

A 58KW in Red with Pan roof and 19in alloys. I really like the look of the Ref with the bronze details.

To be fair, the dealer had ordered the car at the beginning of the year but just hadn't sold it yet. Once it fit the bill for what I was after I said I'd jump at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I test drove one during the week and was impressed. I'd already tested an id.3 and was put off by the interior. If you're buying a Golf sized VW, you expect Golf level interior quality. There was way too much cheap plastic for a €40k+ car. The Born seems to have fixed almost all the things I didn't like.

As mentioned by previous posters, the brochure is pretty much useless when trying to identify options, and the dealer wasn't much help either. I think I'll order a 58kwh non-e-boost model, but the brochure doesn't say if travel assist (VW-speak for proper level 2 autonomy), lane keep assist (which on an id.3 just bounces you between the painted lines) or lane departure warning are standard/optional/not available. Also, what is "Car2X High" in the Tech L pack? There's no mention of it anywhere else in the PDF. Does "Intelligent Park Assist" do the parking for you, or is it just a rear camera with on-screen lines that follow the steering?

Yeah the brochure is crap. The car comes with lane assist as standard but there's no mention of lane keep assist. The Pilot M+ pack is unavailable, it's supposed to have the more advanced stuff like surround cameras, exit assist, blind spot monitoring etc.

Car2X is some sort of technology that pings off other Car2X enabled cars to get information, I think it's for traffic info and the like but I'm not sure if it's used or any good. It's been 2 years since the new Golf/ID.3 and I haven't seen anyone mention it.

Intelligent park assist is self parking, identified by the extra parking sensors on the wheel arches. I had it in my Mk7.5 Golf and it works well. It will be interesting to see if the Born gets the updated software that the ID.3 is getting where it can remember a parking space at home.

Anyone getting nervous about price increases for 222? I haven't officially signed anything, just have the order form in the email with prices, old options listed on it though. Definitely something for the dealer to weasel out of. Definitely can't afford a few grand increase if that was the case...

I was told when I test drove one this week there's a 3% price rise coming for 231 cars.

Thanks for that. The missing Pilot M+ pack is a pain. I might hold out for a 60Kw Megane E-Tech when the order books open. It should come in at around the same price and looks to be heavily loaded with assistive tech.

I've asked the dealer (Barry's in Limerick) to requote the PCP based on a e-boost, which with comes with the nice seats I want as standard, plus the HUD in addition to Pilot M+. We'll see how much more it'll cost.....

• Advertisement

I see last week the production at Zwickau increased from 900 to 1,300 cars per day. I'm getting impatient now :(

Advertisement