Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a bicycle from Limerick to Kinvara

• 21-06-2022 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Anyone know how I get a bicycle collected in Limerick and dropped to a house near Kinvara in Co Clare? I cant seem to find a courier that will collect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭ratracer

Kinvara is in Co Galway!!! ;)

I’d imagine Fastway would do it. You may need to have it collected in an urban area though.?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

I tried fast way but they dont collect in suburb.... house is in Clare (near Kinvara)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

try a taxi

Google maps tells me it's only a 3 and a half hour cycle up via Sixmilebridge and Quin. Would be a scenic enough cycle to do if you'd a free morning to ever do it.

Otherwise, what we used to do years and years ago was buy a ticket for the bike and put it in the hold of the bus (if we needed one brought to Kilkee for example) - not sure this service is still available though, and we were only ever sending old wrecks (in retrospect) so you mightn't fancy it if it's a particularly valuable bike. Otherwise put it on the train and collect it in Ardrahan. Train strikes me as safer since it has less stops but again, years and years since I used this method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

You dodged a bullet there. Chance are half the bike would be left in a ditch 2 miles from its intended drop off location. * slight exaggeration :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

.......after being used by the delivery person to do their rounds for a couple of days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP have you tried DPD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Use the post office, warp it up in cling film and there will be no issue.

I have posted many bikes, about €35 registered abd insured.

Advertisement