Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

Update from the Sunny southeast

Daffy is a Clever dog 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Today marks the longest day of the year, everywhere in Ireland sees 17 hours of daylight, letterkenny will see the brightest for longest with 17hrs 28mins, sadly from here evenings will gradually get darker followed by mornings 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 15,422 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Beautiful summer's day in Loughlinstown, cloud stayed just to the north of here all day so far.

Camera views NE

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

It's so frustrating seeing our neighbours across the water doing so well this week with sunshine and high temperatures while most of us here in Ireland are chasing cloud around as usual

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

That will always be the way. Over the past week we haven't done too bad tho, particularly yesterday was lovely everywhere and a few nice days last week. Tomorrow and Thursday still look decent with low twenties across most of the country away from coastal areas. The weekend will be a write off tho and that will be everywhere, London and the south east of Engalnd won't escape the weekend muck either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Overcast but balmy in Cork now, you'll take it 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Dry bright n not windy in Sligo. You'll take that for sure. Not sunny but sun is poking through at intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Grand stretch in the evening........

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That's it now. It'll be Christmas before we know it.

Feeling very warm and muggy here at 19C and 68% humidity.

• Advertisement

I have been at home in London for the last week, weather, bar two days has been beautiful and set to continue for another couple of days.

When I lived in London I used to go to Spain for some sun, now I live in Ireland I go to London for some sun (half joking)!

I'm always amused when Irish people go to the beach when it's any way warm or sunny... the beach is always cold and windy! What a waste of rare warm weather! I'd rather go to the beach in the autumn or winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

IgCorcaigh, we go to beach all year around as live close but I know what you mean.

Some days you get out of car in summer, feel the wind and go this was a bad idea🤣

But every summer in Ireland you will usually get those 2 or 3 'perfect' beach days if you play your cards right.

2018 was obviously the exception with non stop sunny days.

17c and humid here in carrick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

18 degrees here in Cork at almost 11pm. Cracking evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The temperature today was lovely but the day gets a thumbs down from me for the blanket of cloud. I would trade it for lower temperatures but loads of sunshine. Hopefully we all have much better luck tomorrow and Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

a bad day for blight on spuds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Sunset will continue to get later - albeit by just a few seconds - for the next few days before retreating back earlier, slowly at first. The 21st is the longest daylight hours but not the latest sunset.

Similarly, the earliest sunrise was a few days ago and is already getting later.

I had forgotten that mornings will go first rather than evenings but you know what I mean :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Slate grey skies and misty rain here in Dublin 3 😭

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

Same here in NCD, but it is meant to brighten up and be lovely in afternoon so we will wait and see.

Had a look at one of the radar maps and there's a lovely bit of cloud settled over Dublin that looks like it's going nowhere. The rest of the country looks like it'll be a fine day.

Misty in Sligo but misty with blue bits in sky.

13-8 in favour of good days here so far this Summer but 4-17 against warm days (17c or more)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Supposed to get to 28c here in London today, roasting already. I'm back in Dublin in a few days for a while and the outlook looks grim af. Summer just doesn't seem to be happening in Ireland this year, apart from in Arklow of course as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,422 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The lightest of light drizzle here, barely enough to dampen surfaces. This would be the 12th day with no measurable rain if this doesn't amount to more.

Compared to historical warm days we havent done so bad this month all the same, could easily see second place being reached before the month is out, lets hope its not a 2015! :

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

If warm days count as greater than 21c we've had zero......in 2022!

Our max was 20.1c

Some inclement weather from Friday onwards. Dunno how long it will last but there might be a break from it for a few days next week.

Rainfall for month might be back to 100 per cent after June 30th. We've had 37mm so far in 21 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mild and humid morning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Next week really isn't looking good is it? I have Elton John on the 1st and at the moment the weather is looking shocking 😔

• Advertisement

Only 15 degrees here today and no signs of improvement. Hoping for a better afternoon but with no wind and that cloud cover taking up residency over Dublin I'm not planning on any trips to the beach today. If the sun came out today it would be a belter as it's the first flat calm day in a good while.

Advertisement