Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2021 in the Civil Service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Hopefully you do, PAS send an email requesting clearance documents by the way so keep an eye on them. I was jumping everything I got a text the last few months but there was no text or call just the email. You only have less than a week to submit the documents so its important to be ready. Have your identity documents and qualifications scanned in advance as it is helpful but there are Microsoft Word documents that have to be filled in and signed manually (declarations). P.S. there is no autogenerated email acknowledgement when you send the docs, you get an individual email from them when they see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oisinnisio

Post edited by oisinnisio on

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ozzycop

How fast do public jobs message you to say if you passed or failed the final presentation/interview stage? Just did my AO Business & Finance one this week. For my Clerical Officer offer, it only took 2 days post-interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Baldr

It was about a week for me in General Stream. Could be shorter or longer depending on how many interview days there were for your batch, and where your presentation/interview fit within that timeframe.

Cheers- I see interviews are being held till this Friday, so I assume the earliest results being issued will be next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 BB2018

Hi

I have received an Interview date and reading through the familiarisation material I note they say interview will be approx. 40mins. For anyone who has had their interview does this factor in the presentation time and follow up questions?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cf103

Hey! No, it does not. The full assessment will be an hour, with the presentation taking 10-minutes, followed by 10-minutes of questions on what you just presented.

After questions, you will commence a 40-minute competency-based interview. That should bring you up to the full hour. What I find is that they allow you more time to expand on some questions than others. Best of luck 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

40 mins is for the interview alone if I recall. I ran out of time on the presentation and rushed though half my slides which I thought would fail me. Thankfully not. But I'd advise to keep it fairly succinct and put most time into the 3 key actions. Time yourself. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barfyman362

Does anybody know how far along PAS are in issuing clearance docs? I'm in batch 6, oom in the 20s. Wondering if it will be weeks or months before I am sent clearance docs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 postmetotheoffice

I think they're at the tail end of Batch 4 so you may be waiting a few months

Just received the message from public jobs there saying I passed the final round interview/presentation for Batch 1 Business/Finance Stream OOM 30's. Does anyone know how fast these panels work for this stream? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

How many AOs are hired (on average a year)? A tough question to answer I know, but I would greatly appreciate any knowledge ye could impart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's different every year based on budgets, levels of retirement in the various departments, profile of those retirees etc.

People outside the civil / public service often struggle with this stuff - there's no analogous system in the private sector as there's no private sector business with several hundred thousand employees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Is AO only a two year contract? Like what happens after year two? Generally speaking are you made HEO or do you apply via open comps again?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Thank you for your response. Like a commenter above I am in the 30s with my OOM and wondering if it is a lost cause hoping to be called at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

I'm Batch 6, high teens, General.

Emailed PAS on 8th June - 33 people ahead of me to be called to clearance before my position is reached.

Emailed PAS today - 15 people ahead of me.

They're flying along!

Good to hear they are moving.

I'm in Batch 4 General was called for Clearance on 9th June 2022, submitted my documents by 13th June 2022. I haven't heard anything since.

I was wondering if anyone could say how long Clearance might take?

I'm an existing Civil Servant.

I just really want to know if I'm staying where I currently work or am moving on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CurlyCailin

Hey guys, I have an interview coming up and was just looking for some advice on what's expected from the presentation? I was planning on spending most of the time on the three key actions with a short enough introduction/conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haleyoshea

A friend of mine is number 13 on the OOM for the April Business Finance Comp... Would anyone know the time frame to be expected before clearance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

In the 30s you should 100% expect to be called I would say.

Hey, I am the commenter in question 🤙 I think you're referencing Batch 1 from the AO 2022 B+F stream, right? The fact that it's Batch 1 means that we are almost definitely going to get called, it's just a matter of when. While 30-something people might seem like a lot of people ahead of us, looking at the prior campaigns ran for the same AO stream done in this thread, multiple batches were called. This means they would have had to clear everyone in Batch 1 before running interviews for people to create a Batch 2 OOM. I think I have that right 🤐 Congrats on getting through it! Delighted with passing it myself, I think I'm just being impatient.

I emailed them for a potential timeline but they could not say. They expect everyone over the course of the panel's lifespan to get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shinball123

I cannot find the comment in this thread, but vaguely recall seeing discussion of holding onto an increment date (as an existing EO/CO) when successful at AO.. Can anyone confirm that or know of anyone with previous experience of same?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

You have a new increment date, being the date of your promotion to AO.

Hi,

Public jobs contacted my department for a reference today?

My manager will be sending it straight back to them.

Anyone know how long it normally takes after your reference is returned to get assigned to a department?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crahill

After my clearance started it took 6 weeks for an assignment to department

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Anybody from the April B&F stream hear anything yet? Place in the 20s of OOM but wondering how long that'll take and where is likely to be offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CurlyCailin

Hey does anyone know how long it usually takes PAS to get in contact with the results from the final stage? I did interview/presentation last Wednesday. I applied for EO as well but if I get this I don't think I'll bother with the tests. The problem is I only have until Wednesday to do them. So I would probably need to hear today if I'm going to not do the EO tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Pokeplug

Took about a week for me

Advertisement