Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 6 Public Hearings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Overheal has already posted evidence that the coup was organised insofar as Trump has the intellectual capacity to organise anything.

The Trumpsters will only accept evidence that exonerates their orange idol. They've proven this beyond doubt.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Do you know what hearsay means? Testimony from the person or persons involved is not hearsay, it's witness testimony. That is a form of direct evidence. There were also numerous clips of recorded phone calls, video depositions etc played throughout the hearing corroborating the evidence given.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

abc

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

All and mean all of the evidence about trump is hearsay .

put one example against trump that shows sedition , there is none. It’s all hearsay.

just one snippet will do me. I guarantee trump will not be prosecuted in real courts, and Reason being there is no evidence of sedition.

i would hate to see people like you and others on here on a jury, you don’t seem to understand the presumption of innocence.

for example I believe bill Clinton more than likely is a rapist, but I understand he is innocent until proven guilty and deserves to be treated as so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Back to this nonsense again. Trump plotted a coup. The evidence is there. That he used the worst scum in American society to do so does not mitigate this basic fact.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Where is the evidence, hard cold facts that can be used to prosecute him for sedition in a court. Where is it?

hearsay and feelings wont cut the mustard in a criminal trial.

Overheal has posted several links which you have ignored.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Theres no point in arguing with this guy, hes either a troll or a QTrump fanatic, either way I wouldn't waste my time. Yesterdays evidence was shocking, Trump is clearly a dangerous sociopath who was quite prepared to put peoples lifes in danger and the ultimate narcissist.

I saw Mark Esper's book recommended by The Economist. Truly horrifying stuff if the article is true. Tempted to read it.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

What links? I see nothing to prove anything.

read the attached link - if this is true and she is the most powerful witness than there is no proof.

I believe Trump is more than likely guilty of several crimes related to sedition. Innocent until proven guilty does not mean I cannot hold or express that view.

It's up to the Jan 6th Select Committee to present the evidence that they have, and the Justice Department to review that evidence and choose whether or not to pursue charges against Trump. If they did, Trump would have the opportunity to defend his case in a court of law upon which the right of innocent until proven guilty must be held by the judges and anyone presiding over the case. Innocent until proven guilty means the court case must start from the position that Trump is innocent, and it's up to the prosecutors to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's guilty. It does not mean people outside of the court case cannot hold or share the view that Trump is guilty.

I don't have evidence of Trump committing sedition, mainly because who the flying f*ck am I? The Select Committee and legal investigators have been collecting and collating evidence, both physical and testimonial (not hearsay, but actual witness testimony) for several months and are currently presenting their findings through the hearings.

You don't understand hearsay, and you don't understand presumption of innocence. You've repeatedly dodged questions and gone off on strange irrelevant tangents to detract from that. I wouldn't need to worry about you on a jury because I imagine you'd end up sitting in the lobby of a Jury's Inn wondering what's going on.

Of course you don't. You've been screeching hearsay about anything that makes Trump look like the vile fascist he is.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It’s funny because all of Trumps claims of the election being rigged hinge upon total hearsay.

No, it's less than hearsay. It's just plain lies. He can't accept being a loser despite his whole life being nothing more than just grifting and pretending to be a top businessman. He lost the popular vote both times. He hasn't made a genuine success of literally anything.

Hearsay has the possibility of being true. The steal is simply a lie.

H. H. Asquith

so we can agree there is no evidence to prove sedition as is

you can still react to the stories and have empathy for what some people experienced on the day

no problem with that, but by constantly shouting trump is to blame for it all you are acting just like trump did by blaming his election loss on it being stolen.

trump is gone never to return so please just let him stay gone , stop with the tds

Trump is your sacred cow, not mine so I will discuss him and his crimes all I want thanks. Wailing and scream nonsense like TDS all you want. Since you're willfully ignoring facts and spouting Trumpster tropes then this is fruitless.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭coolbeans

From an outsider's point of view your constant and baseless wailing and screaming makes you look rather deranged for your hero Mr. Trump. In that way aren't you the one suffering from TDS cos you're making zero sense here?

Outsider? Impartial? Independent?

what other lies you got

I don’t mind if he never sees it coming

• Advertisement

I said I don't have evidence, I never said evidence does not exist. And again, witness testimony is evidence. All the people testifying at the hearings have done so under oath. All the people whose video depositions have been shown, they were all done under oath. And the committee also has been investigating the case for months (if not over a year).

Are you saying these people lied under oath? If so, where's your evidence of that?

Not to mention all those texts and emails, tweets etc.

Its pretty bad when Bill Barr has turned on you. You should have seen his derision of democrats during the first impeachment hearings. But even he knew that the election claims were “bullshit” and the attempts to obstruct the electoral count were illegal.

the committee say they have evidence and than produced a text Chain that again had zero evidence

going forward let’s stop the links, can we deal exclusively with minutes from the hearings

dumping links to strange websites with gotcha headlines proved nothing

"that evidence had zero evidence in it! show me the E V I D E N C E"

🙄

What has This to do with Donald trump?

also there is nothing criminal here either by Johnson or his member of staff.

if I am wrong tell me what law was broken. Lot of who shot JR

What has This to do with Donald trump?

And you told me you were paying attention.

point out the evidence ? Where is the record that shows trump instructed anyone to do anything illegal.

the Georgia buck told his story

trump rang the buck in Georgia and asked him to do a recount and trump needed 11000 votes. . Buck in Georgia does recount and says original count was correct.

Let me know what that story proved, zero.

Only to you.

Ironically, you've determined the outcome without even considering the evidence. That's very show-trialy of you, for someone who projects such an abhorrence for show-trialing. Stamp your feet and demand all the spoonfeeding you want: I direct you to the committee hearings.

_

After Thursday's hearing, the select committee has announced it will take at least a week recess and resume hearings in July, pending new information that has been coming into them, presumably coming in now as a result of the live hearings (eg. Ginni Thomas is extremely more talkative now, as are several lawmakers). This includes yet-unseen footage from the Trump family themselves via their documentarians and such.

• Advertisement

the ratings for this sh1t show are so poor and the publics interest is very minimal they have decided to take a break.

the reality is the average American person is worried about the economy which the demmies have completely ruined. Payback is coming in mid terms.

ironically if the demmies left trump alone he would himself leave politics, he is only hanging on to protect himself.

Advertisement