Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh - thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

AEB and ABS warning lights randomly came on last night, and still on today. Autohold not working either. Have it booked in to be checked by the dealer next week. Posting here on the off chance this has happened someone else and there's a quick fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭celt262

Going to make the Plunge to EV shortly and really like the look of the Ioniq. Daily commute is around 70km so i wont have any issues with charging.

Anyone have any views on this motor or what questions should i be asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I thought it was a 28kWh initially and did a double take at the price. For 31k you could have a much better EV.

If you never use fast charging then the Ioniq38 is an ok car for your use case but it fast charges super slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

We had something similar just before we sold our 28kWh in January. But we also lost regen, so only had normal braking. Dealer fixed under warranty, apparently was a rear sensor, not sure which. Part took about a week to arrive and was told would be replaced and tested in under an hour. Took about 5 hours, they said when the car was in they were obliged to do some safety update as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭celt262

I would appreciate any advise you can give me feel free to PM me if you like.

• Advertisement

Nice car if it suits your usage, but seems expensive; but then again what isn't at the moment? A year or so ago the price dropped and IIRC could be bought brand new nearer €30K, there were a good few with dealers. I honestly don't have any idea what a fair price would be today..

It's a nice car don't get me wrong but it wouldnt be my choice. We've had 2 Ioniq 28s and they are a great car with the fast charging but the range is a little short in bad weather. Hard to know at the moment as you have to move quick, there's such a delay of supply that everything is expensive!

Great timing if it's the same thing, warranty is up next month!

Turns out it was a very quick fix. Had to use the car yesterday and all lights disappeared after driving about 5 metres!

Sometimes it's the old faithful, 12v.

Ioniq28 comes with a very small 12v battery and sometimes struggles to keep it topped up. Would suggest checking it

• Advertisement

Could be right, lights back on today and disappeared after a spin. Any recommendations for a new battery?

any 12v from a motor factors, €50-€85 from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭zg3409

Go to local motor factors, not Halfords, not main dealer. It needs a specific size, specific terminal size and a specific hold down at the bottom. Some motor factors may not have right one in stock. If they are quiet they might fit it for you. Make sure terminals are tight and cannot rotate after fitting.

Brought the car to the dealers to have a check, turns out it's a faulty sensor. Replacing it under warranty, which is handy as the warranty is up tomorrow!

You were lucky catching it just in time.😊

I had a hunch it could be the same sensor failure as we had in January. Initially we only had sporadic warnings late last year, but eventually the regen stopped working even though the car was always driveable.

Extremely lucky! Pity any other 2017 owners it happens to from now on in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Has anyone else had their parking brake/handbrake stop working? Ours has gotten temperemental and has almost stopped working altogether. Hyundai are on it and will replace under warranty, just waiting for parts but was interested to know if this is a common occurrence. The car has 122k kms on it so the brake has had plenty of use :)

Car decided to not take charge any more since Sunday via AC (5 different chargers checked, red plug on dash but 0kW pulled anywhere and cable doesn't lock). I was told that actuator was replaced as part of recall (it's a 172) - but reading through some forums it really does seem like it's same issue

Will give DC a go later to see if any joy, but is booked in for a look on Friday morning regardless. [edit: DC nothing either - nothing sticks ]

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10151892-9999.pdf

First bit of trouble seen so far :(

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Was actuator replaced before? My 171 had this done years ago..

Some people on here have had luck temporarily fixing the issue by pulling on the emergency plug release in the boot, and afterwards the cable locked. There are 2 pull cords, one for charging door opening, another for cable lock. It's the cable lock needs a few tugs and it might start to work again. A low 12 volt battery may impact unlocking and locking of the cable.

I did that again with zero anticipation of success and somehow it got something working again but is very temperamental.

Need the car this evening but will get the 12v out tonight and have a look at it.

I believe the actuator was replaced but have no clue whether or not it was. Either way should be warranteed first or second time round I hope!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

New actuator fitted under warranty today anyway. Happy enough with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Hi all, came out to a dead 12v battery this morning (2020 Ioniq 38) - think I left the doors unlocked overnight and Bluelink kept pinging notifications which I didn’t see which I suspect drained the battery.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get my car added to the Hyundai 5 year roadside assist? (I imported the car myself from NI) I phoned the number but they said although it was eligible, but as it is an import a dealer will need to confirm it with them before they can cover it for call outs - is this something a dealer will do for me or will I get two fingers from them with it being an import?

I have a UK 28kWh ioniq in Dublin. I emailed the vin to Hyundai Ireland who checked for free recalls and added me. I never attempted the free break down but I would have thought it applied.

I do bring a jumper pack with me everywhere 24/7 and I am on my third 12 volt battery in 4 years. I suggest you replace battery at your own expense in local motor factors before as it's probably damaged now. Even leaving boot slightly open (coat caught in door) will mean 12 volt will run down overnight or in 20 minutes in my case as I have a 12 volt battery voltage logger fitted.

Some local motor factors may not have physically right size but bring car and ask them to fit it. It needs to be small as big batteries don't fit and it needs to have right mounting etc.

In terms of breakdown I bring a compressor, good tyre spanner, extra can of tyre gue, and small jumper pack. I also try have tyres with good grip as this can prevent punctures. I've usually got the car going again in less than 2 minutes myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi. Will be based in Thurles for upto a week. Thinking of heading upto Belfast & seeing a bit of the north.

Would we be mad to do it in the ioniq 28? Might possibly do the giants causeway as well?

2 adults & 2 kids so we could bring the diesel guzzler & the ioniq to Thurles & use the ioniq for any trips within the Republic. I'm concerned that there aren't enough paid chargers in the North & lots of hogging

My only concern would be north of the border. We're on our second Ioniq28, I've done nearly 100k km in the two in ireland and would never consider not bringing it

If going north I'd get somewhere with destination charging or navigate my route around the maxol with paid fast charging

Thanks Elm, I would bring it anywhere normally but reading about the hogging in the North is putting me off. I dont mind paying for it.

Is there a good network of maxol charging points in the North?

Destination charging has been more miss than hit for me here in the Republic. Couldnt find the ev charger for ages the last time we staying in a Dublin hotel & when we did it was Iced.

Before that it das phevs on the all the charges for days.

I think there's only 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Thanks!

See plugshare app. Try to stay somewhere each night with a charger. Charge up to 90%+ before crossing border and try charge at every CCS charger on the way. There is a new 50kW DC at lidl in Belfast city but overall diesel might be less stress with family on board.

• Advertisement

Got in the car this morning & it's throwing up errors about aeb not working& bsd not working. Smart cruise control also not working, neither is regen.

Have had an occasional error about check ev system in the late few months. I'm wondering if I change or out the 12v would it sort all the issues?

Advertisement