Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 200 2022 - June 18

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

So that was yourself. Pity I had the jacket on over the Boards jersey. Despite the glorious weather, the jacket stayed on for most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

That last sentence is exactly the type of thing that certain others (who have no intention of actually doing the Evil) throw in when the route is being discussed. I expected better from you irishrover99 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

both of them climbs will be included for next year as default.

especially for you mercian pro 😂.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

good god i would not like to tackle that descent off kippure when banjaxed tired if it was included from anywhere past the halfway point. or quarter way point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Certain others were even discussing doing them early on in the day while still full of energy and enthusiasm. Glasvullaun lane and Kilmashogue were mentioned too😂

• Advertisement

Ah lads, a lot of shade being thrown here 😂

I also see a special request for Glassavullaun Lane and Kilmashogue.

As requested, Kippure, Turlough Hill, Glassavullaun Lane and Kilmashogue.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39928638

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ya, sure go on.....Newtown lane, links lower Cunard with Piperstown/friars town. Another 20% er .🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Glassavullan Lane only really works if you go down Cunard first (which defeats the point of including Cunard). If doing it from the other direction, you end up descending the 20% section of Glassavullan Lane which is probably pointless. Basically you can't include both of those steep climbs on the same route without backtracking.

if you its done in this direction you would avoid the backtracking, other than the descents. More meters found with less km's included.

This route looks really tough and it also cuts out the long drag up Sally Gap from Laragh by coming back Luggala towards Kippure.

Looks like there is a slight error at the start of the route going up Ticknock road.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

Has anyone done all of the evil 200s and can say with certainty what the best route so far was? Thinking of trying to carve out a day before autumn really hits to ride one of the routes and would like to try the forum favourite. I’ve only ever done edition 2 in 2013 and remember it being pretty vicious.

Post edited by comete on

• Advertisement
Advertisement