Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service - Post Lockdown - Blended Working?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

My Dept issued an email on Fri to say that from September (for a pilot period) we will be able to work up flexi leave regardless of if we are wfh or wfo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I'd say for the first time ever everyone in the dept. will have a day and a half a month 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭wench

Apparently we're starting a trial resumption of flexi, but only on the days you're in the office.

Given that those are currently the days I try to keep shortest, I don't see me working up any time.

Ah well, at least I'll finally get to use the half day that has been banked since Mar 2020!

I do a lot of work at remote sites. Maybe a 4 or 5 days per month so I'll build it up no bother. The 11 hour days don't be long about adding up. 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

What Departments are these that are running the trials?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭skidmarkoner

"Both sides have said they expect the talks to be intense and could conclude, with or without a deal, within a week or two".

No deal should mean a strike its a joke if there's no deal it should be a minimum of 5% increase this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Not going to happen I don't think.

3% at best I'd say.

dont see why govt would agree to meet if no quick deal to be done

My dept also starting a flexi trial that allows for accrual of flexi whether WFH or WFO.

We're also being allowed use the hours we had accrued before the suspension, which have remained on the clock since.

What Dept are you?

• Advertisement

No worries just strange that a few people have said this but no body wants to say what dept they work for...

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crinkley

The departments I know of doing it are education and environment

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Aren't Environment also trialling the 4 day working week?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭HartsHat

Haven't heard anything about a four day week pilot, but would love one, as I work a four day week with pro-rata pay and leave now!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Does anyone know does the CSO in Cork allow remote work? Thanks

I had heard that CSO staff had returned to their office fulltime in recent months, don't know how true that was and if it applied to the Cork office. Regardless of the return to the office, like all other public sector employers they have to abide by and implement a local blended working policy and allow staff to apply to work remotely once their local policy is set up and if not give reasons to the individual if denied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

We in CSO Cork are currently on a 'minimum two days a week' in office. Accrual of flexi-leave will resume from July 4th, but only for office days.

Post edited by curiosity on

Are days in the office being enforced either by local management or centrally? We are supposed to be in 2 days a week but it's absolutely not being enforced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Two questions if I may: does anyone know the current blended working arrangements in the Department of Defence?

and could anyone tell me if AP's in the Department of Defence in Newbridge have their own single occupancy office?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I don't think it could be genuinely enforced without a Circular.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Local Authority here.

All employees back to 5 day weeks now.

New online process to apply for a WFH/Blended system this week opened and you can apply for 1 or 2 days WFH. Subject to local approval and services being maintained etc.

The days you are approved for will go into your Flexi calendar so no time can be worked up on these days towards a Flexi.

Managers have stated they will be as flexible as possible to work with people, especially those with children etc and staff that are in and out of the office regularly like inspectors etc, this time is not counted as WFH etc

Question.

HRA hours reinstatement.

Is the 7 hour day universal applied to all staff irrespective of when they were employed or promoted?

Working example.

Person 1. LA employed since early naughties. No promotion since. Fairly high technical role anyway. Their clock states 7.12 currently. When they skip to next month, it displays 7, in line with the new hours.

Person 2. LA employed since 2009. 2 promotions later to reach same level and position as Person 1. Their clock currently shows 7.24 working day and remains at 7.24 for July when you skip forward to July in contrast to Person 1.

Does this mean they won’t get the 7 hour day?

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crinkley

The reduced hours are applied to everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

7.24 should go down to 7 in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

It's universal, for all grades, regardless of start date or seniority.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Do you know if you have to be there a certain length of time to be able to WFH or if it applies to all new staff as well? Thanks :)

I know for us all staff can apply regardless of how long you are there. But if you are new in a job etc you might need to be office based for the first few weeks/months until you get trained up and they would have a valid reason not to allow you to wfh in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

that just all sounds so backward. what's the justification for 5 days in the office?

• Advertisement

It's a power play. Nothing behind other than making you think that they ate helping you when you get the day wfh.

Watch it'll be slowly a full return regardless of what they say now. 5 days a week in the office and in extreme circumstances people will get blended as a reward.

Why do you think they never consulted the unions.

Advertisement