Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For me, it's 10 euro to upgrade to Premium for next 2 months. Will be a good trial to see what the classics are like. Then will see if it's worth keeping or get Extra instead. I wonder if you turn off auto renewal and get extra, does it socially kick in when Premium expires or straight away? Also, if one tier expires before you move to either tier, do you lose access to previous monthly games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Mines just on essential until November and 24 quid to upgrade to premium, I suppose there's enough in the classics to warrant that but not much else for me to upgrade for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Upgrade to Extra for the remaining 993 days for €100, or €150 for Premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

€85.97 to upgrade to Premium for 552 days remaining on my membership or €57.31 for Extra, still considering whether to upgrade. Made me reconfirm my subscription which seemed to turn on auto renew before showing the prices though which is a bit sneaky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

EA is set to cancel in August. Not sure if that's when it was due to renew, but I don't remember cancelling it. Am I remembering right that it's becoming part of PS+ or have I stumbled onto something?

I don't think so - EA Play is part of Gamepass Ultimate, the new PS Plus got Ubisoft+ Classics.

Not sure why your renewal turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone else finding games in the catalog that are still listed with a price? Found the two Atari Flashback Collections in the classic games section but both are still listed at €14.99.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Word, turned on the console and the upgrade price dropped about a euro from what the app says. Going through the games, Premium has a long way to go before enticing me. Extra is excellent though, lot of games for me to get through.

Now, i just wonder will we see the usual black friday discount for the different tiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Had a browse through the games this morning. It's a very impressive list, I was pleasantly surprised to see cult classics like Kurushi and Tokyo Jungle on there. There's also some older JRPGs in there like Wild Arms and Dark Chronicles that I remember really wanting to try back in the day and never got round to it, so it'd be nice to dive into some of them. Although to be honest the headline tickets like Demon's Souls, Tsushima and Returnal are probably going to keep me busy between them for a couple of months before I start diving into more niche stuff.

Their browsing UI could do with a complete overhaul though as it's pretty hard to dig through the games and see what's there right now. A search by genre would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I hope so but the fact they've now hidden the ability to renew subscriptions to the manage subscriptions page instead of openly being on the store leaves me doubtful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

12.77 to upgrade to premium for the next 46 days, I might do it just to see whether it is worth it in the long run.

Can I downgrade to Extra then when renewal time comes and keep the games that I had been playing on premium?

Jaysus, that sounds long winded!

I have a reminder on my calendar to stop the auto renew and go with Extra a couple days before Premium expires so interested to see how the transition works. I'm guessing when premium expires, there will be a lock symbol over the game with the option to buy if you want. That's how games on PS Now looked for me if i played them during my ps now sub.

But yeah, UI definitely needs an overhaul. I went through the list and then got a notification that my wishlist game The Artful Escape is part of Extra, completely missed that scrolling through originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Premium is very much not worth it right now.... The PS1 classics arent great.

Also, not a huge fan of this game trial thing. PS Plus has a long way top go before its competition for Game Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭jj880

Think I might wait until black Friday to see if any offers come up. If no offers I'll buy the upgrade until the end of my current ps plus sub to try it out (end of January) and play the main games I'm interested in over the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This has made me realize I have bought way too many games over the years. I was scrolling and scrolling to find a game I didn't have/play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

Quite happy with the selection on premium myself. There’s a good few games I’ve never played

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Despite trying all morning to give them my money to upgrade, Sony won't take it! Checkout via the website just sends me to ablank secure checkout page that never loads and on console it gives me "unknown error". 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

Has anyone had any streaming issues with the PS3 selection so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

I usually renew my PSPlus subscription around this time of the year, it's been 25% off for a good few years. I was thinking of upgrading to the Extra tier, but it's starting to look like Sony won't have any sort of introductory offers. Anyone have any ideas when a sale might happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Spiderman question. I thought the inclusion of Miles Morales was gonna be great, but I want to play the PS5 version of Spiderman first. But I'm not sure if I'm just being thick or not, but from what I can tell, the PS5 version of Spiderman is only available with the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales, there's no PS4-Ps5 upgrade, and now the Ultimate Edition is missing from the store (on PS5 at least), and when in the PS App it's saying the Ultimate Edition is unavailable because I own Miles Morales (through Plus). So, looks like I can't even pay to play the PS5 version, or it is actually included somehow through all this confusing mess of a system they seem to have for this game!

Further searches show that there's a menu in Miles Morales to pay more monies to get the PS5 version of the base game. Chape baxtards wouldn't give it to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the fact it's only available through Miles Morales is the reason they didn't include it. Maybe they'll fix that when the PC version launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I will pay the 6 quid upgrade to give returnal a go but this will be the end of me once this run out, will need to be a fairly hefty discount before its valuable and even at that we know full well they will be not be offering GOW in the tiers so id rather just pay the cash for that instead.

So on this turns out if have 62 days left so will prob finishing one maybe two games, looking at the library I havent played any of these so what would people recommend

Returnal.

Ghost of Tsushima.

Death Stranding.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll be curious to see what games get announced next week for the monthly Essential games. We've seen in the past they would give games that were in Now. So will we see an overlap? Or maybe there are games they purposefully held back from the initial release of the upper tiers just so they have them for the next number of months for Essential.

Having tried a few classics it'll be the Extra tier for me when premium runs out. I know they're old but trying to play them on a 4k TV isn't pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

@recyclops Returnal is an amazing DualSense experience, highly recommend to at least play it. It's a long game though, but I think they've brought in saving so not sure. Still worth it to experience it, and I will be playing it again soon myself. Hard though. Long levels. Ghost of Tsushima I loved. Proper good samurai/ninja game. I'm looking forward to playing it again with the Japanese lip sync. Big game, open world, simply stunning at times. Great combat once you get the hang of it and upgrade a bit. Just an all around great game imo. And I did not like Walking Simulator Death Stranding.

So Death Stranding then 🤷‍♂️. Glad I didn't spend money on it. Played two hours. Love Kojima stuff, can see his classic influence everywhere but its still, absolutely sh!te to be honest

I switched it off and loaded up metal gear solid V for classic Kojima that isn't crap.

Death Stranding is love it or hate it alright. For anyone trying it out, i recommend getting through Chapter 2 quickly as in, ignore the point of no return message, you can come back to the area to clean up later. Moving on to chapter 3 gives you the main huge map you'll mostly be playing in and you get tools to make trekking and traversing much more enjoyable. Even then, no need to 5 star every base with deliveries as that can cause burnout. You can do the necessary deliveries to move the story along. Once I got to chapter 4, i was glued to the story until the end, just an incredible experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I really enjoyed Death Stranding but I can see why others wouldn’t. It starts off as quite a slog but I found that with a few upgrades to gear, weapons, roads, etc the time put in really paid off. I’m not sure how much I was enjoying it around the 2 hour mark either to be honest. I must check how many hours I sunk into it. Probably 70+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I loved Death Stranding. I even loved the long treks and spent a lot of time just looking at the scenery. The beginning is a slog but once I was aware of that from players here, I stuck with it.

If your a gamer that prefers single player offline with a small dash of random helpful social hints within a game, this is your type of game. If you a online social creature that wants action constantly, give this a miss.

Advertisement