Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 34 col_m999

That's good. The list is quite detailed and with the potential for some small issues be good to take the time over it.

I also brought up a check list, but never used it..😁

Was a damp morning, so brought a drying towel so after drying car could have a good look over and then checked all cables etc were in car. Did discover one minor misalignment which I reported there and then, but had I discovered when home would not have made any difference. Was sorted a few days later by Ranger (Just adjustment of rear bumper bracket.)

If doing again I wouldn't worry too much with checking over car up there, car quality is now good, anything you may discover later they will fix.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Checklist is really Freemont build, MIC quality is excellent

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I brought the checklist with me in March - it was useful for some additional ideas I hadn't thought to check. I didn't discover anything specific, but it was great to confirm that it was all in order.

I still took my time, and they were in no rush to get me out the door. As I was buying an ex-demo model, the wheels were kerbed and they actually highlighted it for me and fixed them, no quibbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 col_m999

Thats good to hear! I'm just seeing all the YouTube tesla guys saying check out my checklist!

Paper never refused ink, or perhaps I have got that wrong..😁

Take a good few HD pics when there and a quick look over the car body, check wheels for any damage, but enjoy the day. Most of my time was spent chatting to others and the Tesla lads.😊

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bought a demo in March too.

Full wheel refurb and a few bits replaced no issue too. What one did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I bought the black Model3 RWD/SR+ model with LFP battery. I knew it was a 212, picking it up in March, but maybe I'm just maturing (or getting old), I'd rather have the car now than wait until November-ish for it (which was the time I was quoted).

Got it back today after they refurbed the wheels, good as new and such a delight to drive compared to the loaner.

That being said, even with my quibbles about the 2016 Model S, it was nice to have a Tesla loaner rather than using an ICE for the few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

To echo other views, try not to obsess over checklist . The main point is any issue that relates to the bodywork, dents, scratches etc where you could get into a discussions as to who inflicted the damage ..other than that warranty covering it. I also feel sure (my opinion) that the 100 mile and one week is just to prevent customers coming back 6 months later saying paintwork was chipped. Timely reporting of any issue is being encouraged and the fine print is there just to regulate bad behaviours

There can be a tendency on the forums to concentrate on the negative, anticipating 10 of the 1 problems that might occur. You will see from gang of Q1 delivered, the experiences have been overall very positive, with high quality standards experienced.

Have faith and enjoy your car!

• Advertisement

Cool. There was 4 or 5 demos for sale in March. 2x M3P’s. I picked up one of them.

inhad to get wheels refurbed by then too 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just another quick question on home chargers - I'm looking for quotes from service providers to install, and most offer both install and chargers with the overall price. Does anyone have any chargers installed at home other than the Tesla ones, how do you find them? Is there any savings to be made going with one over the other? Will the car charge quicker with a Tesla wall charger?

Also, everyone is asking where my fuseboard is....didn't realise they were going to have to start bringing wires through the house to connect this up 😫

You got the Unicorn then? ie a little more power but with the bigger LFP battery. A good buy I reckon, will always be in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Will the car charge quicker with a Tesla wall charger?

No, they all charge at 32A

Is there any savings to be made going with one over the other?

Not really unless you are talking about advanced features like Solar PV integration.

Some charge points also have the ability to sense the overall house load and if the car is overloading the main fuse it will cut the car load back to compensate. Not every charge point has that so they have to put in a device called a priority switch if you have other power hungry devices like an electric shower which only allows one of them to operate at an one time. That priority switch adds about €200 to your install costs so there is a saving there if the charge point has load sensing built in.

Also, everyone is asking where my fuseboard is....didn't realise they were going to have to start bringing wires through the house to connect this up

Were you expecting it to run off a socket?! :)

Charging a car is a heavy load(7kW) similar to an electric shower(9kW). Your typical kettle is about 2kW and it only runs for a few mins. The car will be charging for hours on end so it needs dedicated wiring back to the consumer unit (or from your meter box).

Thanks for the reply! Was hoping they could connect it directly to the outside fuseboard 😂

Theres a reason I'm no electrician 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Was hoping they could connect it directly to the outside fuseboard

If the inside consumer unit is too difficult to get to, they are allowed connect to the outside meter box.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Unless you need an isolator switch (for electric shower). That has to be connected to the consumer unit (per the guy that installed mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,939 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's not true though (No doubt the installer said it to you, I mean, it's not true per the regs)

Yeah, agreed - I've been reading up on this and there was an update earlier this year in SEAI policy which allowed connection directly to the meter for home EV chargers. You need to have a breaker box installed though. I went to my neighbour's house yesterday evening who had a Tesla charger installed this way

👍️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 oxymon

Hi all!

Had a question around pcp hoping someone could answer. I have a Tesla ordered, deposit down and is showing in the app. Trying to go through the payment section next and not seeing any options for PCP. I was told when test driving it’s now available and saw @Zurbaran a few pages back discussing the difference between doing it over 3 or 4 years.

I tried emailing deliveryie@tesla.com and it’s just giving me an automated response saying they don’t monitor this email address anymore.

anyone have any experience setting it up, or I’m thinking is it through a third party financer I have to go through?

thanks a million in advance if anyone can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Didnt know they offered that here, I did HP last time around. Interested in this!

My understanding is that Tesla makes their deliveries in the last few weeks of each quarter - does this mean that there is a delivery due in anytime now? Does anyone have an EDD in the coming week or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

Hi All, I've seen mention of people getting PCP from Tesla. Is there a way to email them to ask about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Funny one today.

I promised I'd take my brother in law, wife and 2 lads to the airport at lunchtime today.

Rocked up to his house and he opens the boot of his 3 series estate. I says to him I'll drive my car. He laughed and says you won't get the luggage into that.

2 large suitcases, 3 small suitcases, a rucksack and a large handbag had him eating his words 😂.

He even took a photo to send to a guy he works with!! Most of the journey was him saying "I still can't believe how much stuff you could fit in". I told him if he had another couple of soft bags I could have thrown them in the frunk.

My sister in law was impressed that there is no transmission tunnel running down the middle of the car. I've a feeling he'll be an easy convert to an EV when it comes to his next change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Yes, I'm going with PCP. The finance is provided by First Auto Finance. You can get a quote via Tesla sales - sales_dublin@tesla.com

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

The APR is similar to going the HP route, isn't it? (4.9% APR I think) When you ordered the vehicle did you indicate at that stage you were going PCP as I see some people stating you should say that you're a cash buyer initially??

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Yes, if I remember correct, I ordered it as cash buyer and then went in and added First Auto Finance as finance option after the fact. After you get the quote, you go through the approval process with First Auto Finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

and is that during the order process or much later?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

Advertisement