Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Last night there was a thread here about a school year book.

I then had a dream last night it was my school reunion and I was in town and I kept on meeting people from my class.

It turned out I mixed up the times and most people didn't stick around for long.

Also, everybody kept on saying "What did you think about Paddy?

And I was like "I wasn't there."

I never found out what happend to him.

It's driving me mad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Oh people are on a roll with winding me up this month.

My TA today is people who try to vicariously live through you even a small bit.. In this case it's a lad trying to tell me not to do something because HE had a bad experience with it.

I'm getting married in 3 weeks to a woman I've been with for over 10 years now. I don't make daft decisions in haste. I'm not blinded. I'm not stupid.

Here comes this lad who doesn't even know me (he's the same lad I moaned about months ago who tried to pin the blame on me for his buffing machine breaking -- he still tries to talk to me every now and then). He asked me how my stag was.

Giddy: I said it was unreal, best weekend I had in a long time (with friends anyway), etc.

Cranky bastard interjected half way through my response and said "getting married will be the biggest mistake of your **** life. You're mental"

Followed by

"I met a girl, got married, had three kids and now I'm not married. She took the kids. Don't do it"

Like, okay, that's tragic....but maybe just fake some happiness for me at least? Just put it on. Pretend. Be two-faced with me. Feign happiness and then slag me off to your other miserable buddies in the pub at the weekend - I don't know, but keep me out of your negative aura (as I ironically spout my complaints in a thread dedicated to being negative 😂 ) your failed marriage is not my life so don't put it onto me that I'm gonna have an equally failed life as you have. No wonder you're a moody bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is it normal to have a layer of sweat on the back of your neck after walking for an hour in humid weather? Im in a t shirt and jeans and i felt the drip of sweat after half an hour. Im not that overweight but it seems nobody else seems to sweat as much when they walk! I could be just jumping to conclusions but either way its annoying having to wipe your hair and neck after each walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Why is it that whenever I wear a light coloured top I manage to spill something on it !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I just received an "environmentally friendly" reusable branded coffee cup. It is now in the cupboard with 8 other "environmentally friendly" reusable branded coffee cups.

The "environmentally friendly" reusable branded water bottles are in another cupboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm sicker than a plane to Lourdes and have been for a week now. Given the duration and severity of the dose, I can only surmise that Man Flu has jumped the gender barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Everybody Knows about the Paddy incident. It was the biggest scandal for years 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Go to Lourdes !

Frank will meet you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Getting scam messages on whatsapp is bad enough but today I got one from a peruvian number that was in Irish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

WestJet: Add baggage to your flight when you check in or it's an extra $10 per bag from 24 hours before you flight

Also WestJet: You can not check in more than 24 hours before your flight

WTF?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Door-to-door sales people of all description, including charity ones. Two bunches in two days. Would you ever leave me alone, I'm working! Leave a leaflet if you must, but don't ring the doorbell or knock. If I want to give to charity I won't do it with anyone knocking on my door, you muppet. Giving my bank details to a perfect stranger with an ID they could've printed at home? As. If.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

These scammers are getting clever - got one today in Irish from France - imagine if they used their brains for good instead of shite, how much more they could achieve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

On a roll.

Another TA.

People who try to mold your wedding to suit them in any way, shape or form, big or small.

There is one thing we are not doing for our wedding, we aren't commemorating any deceased family members, nor are we gonna mention them. It's too morbid, and personally for me it's too grim and raw, considering the manner that my dad passed away. So I don't want to mention it and neither does she.

Only my brother in law is disgusted by this.

"WHAT?! Sure you have to!!" He kept goading my missus into doing it. His wife told him to cop on but it's the manner and tone he had over it. There is a time and place to commemorate the dead, in my books; it's at a wake, rosary, funeral, month's mind, anniversary mass and graveyard/shrine. To me, I don't need that lumped into what is supposed to be the happiest day of our lives. I don't need to be talking about death. Brother in law is there telling me to have a portrait of my dad and her dad at foyer for people to pay respects and I'm like "this is a wedding, not a fúcking funeral".

I suppose I could put this in line with the last TA I had today of people trying to live their lives/choices through you. I didn't hear anyone telling him and her what to do for their wedding, try as the mother in law did, they were having none of it. Same here. Go light a candle if you want to commemorate someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Still didn't figure out what happened to Paddy!

However I was over 50km away from Home and I saw one of my teachers this evening. I just know I'll have another school dream.

I always knew you and Paddy had a ahem “spark “. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I don't know what's a bigger TA:

The man children contestents on Love Island talking about kissing girls despite not being teenagers anymore, with their 'vibes and 'chill'.

Or the man children lads on my GAA whatsapp group talking shite about the show itself, as if it's some masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a horrible dream last night where I relived a bad childhood trauma. I felt so **** after the dream that I was contemplating ring in to work sick this morning. I decided in the end to come in and try take my mind off of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ah that's awful.

I hate unsettling dreams, they can put you out of sorts for a day or two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Spancil Hill annoys me

I love the song and even went to the place last year (as I was close by). The plaque at the fairground says June 23rd Spancil hill Fair.

But anyone who knows the lyrics will know that June 23rd was the day before the fair so the plaque should say June 24th 😡😡

• Advertisement

I wear hearing aids and find the phone next to impossible (they need to be upgraded to sync via Bluetooth,I'm also a procrastinater)

Anyway I contact a business looking for information via their online chat. In my second sentence I ask can you email or txt the answer explaining why.

They reply, we've passed your details on x in the office who deals with this, they'll give you a call.... actually would you mind emailing me the details ....oh ok grand.

Phone on charge.....missed calls!!

Your competitor was able to get it right first time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

my cousin who closes windows in 23 degrees and humid weather… when enquired as to why… “the draft is annoying me”…

the fact that it quickly became about 32 degrees inside for everyone inside… somewhat took enjoyment out of lunch…thanks… 🤨🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My nephew has the bluetooth connected hearing aids and swears by them.

Yeah they are well overdue an upgrade but put on long finger with covid etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

edited out

I can’t remember if I took my injection this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

"Liberdy" Insurance. Just no. And even if they were cheaper, I wouldn't use them out of spite (to myself obviously, but that's the way I roll)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that I never thought to check the weather forecast before packing a suitcase containing only short-shorts, vests and t-shirts for a weekend in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Mournful, lo-fi cover versions of bouncy pop songs played in public. Why???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Having to cancel going to the Pride Parade tomorrow.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement