Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pride ends media partnership with RTE over Liveline's Gender Identity discussion

Options

Comments

Jesus.

You are all over the place my darling.

You have no opinion on whether other genders (apart from the two you hold so dear) are made legal. That was your stance wasn't it?

Surely even you can see that if one gender is deemed legal and another gender isn't, that's discriminatory?

We can keep mentioning staticgender, because it is as real a gender as transwoman or transman, but I have a sneaking suspicion you are doing it to (erroneously) make an example of a silly gender you don't recognise.

You also seem blissfully unaware how that weakens your position. Can you tell me I what way believing some in static gender is more or less absurd that claiming a biological woman is the same as a biological man and should be treated as such?

It's actually **** insane.

No opinion on genders being discriminated against?

As a parting gift, I will clarify my position so there is no ambiguity (something you and others like you shy away from).

I do not agree that gender self identification is valid or should in any way be legally recognised. It's a personal thing that should have no bearing.

I do not agree that if the law of the land says that gender should be recognised, that other genders, apart from the ones related to sex, are not recognised.

This is discriminatory, unfair and wholly inconsistent.

Nah it's grand. I don't identify that I do.

With the roe v Wade situation, most people seem to have defaulted to the correct definition of woman/women and what constitutes women's rights.

Fickle bunch really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

It would onlynbe discriminatory if there were other genders seeking recognition. The only person looking for staticgender to be recognized is you.

If gay men did not want legal recognition of their relationships and lesbians did, then it would be entirely silly to claim that a law which granted lesbians marriage rights was discriminatory.

Post edited by LLMMLL on

Oooh that's a very odd way to look at legislation.

Rights only afforded to those who ask for them? How many people need to ask? If there was just one vocal advocate for making all genders legally recognised (which I'm sure there is) would that be enough?

Even if I was the sole voice speaking on behalf of the staticgender, would my request be enough for you to allow consideration about making it legal? Would it ****!

Fucking hell, your argument is even flimsier than i thought.

If there are more than 2 genders, then excluding any of them from the gender recognition act is exclusionary. If there aren't more than 2 genders, then stop **** pretending that it's not sexes you are talking about.

If you are in favour of the principle of legal recognition of genders, you cannot decide which genders are recognised and which are not.

You either believe in the principle or you do not.

That's because all genders would have equal value.

But you're arguing that some genders should have greater legal recognition than others.

Your attempt to blame other people of different genders is laughable. Even if there is 1 exception, that one person is not going to launch a campaign.

We've seen in other countries that non-binary people do in fact choose to exercise this legal recognition when it's made law.

What you are arguing is disingenuous, and the real motive behind this kind of illogic is abundantly clear to all.

• Advertisement

Trans issues and complaints will be kicked down the line at the moment though.

The noisy crowd need to use the correct definition of woman when talking about roe Vs Wade so they'll be taking that back for a while. (I guess they've all become biologists recently)

When the roe Vs Wade dies down, the noisy crowd will be back to pretending they think gender is super important and that a male with a penis is every bit a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

lol.. Wanna talk about how your wife , sister or mother should be called a chest feeding , vulva owning birthing person.. instead of just a woman? Well there will be consequences bigot because your literally denying the existence of trans people , according to the person who wants to blow real women out of existence 🤦‍♂️

Its funny too when they claim hate is being imported from America , hypocritical cos on her timeline she retweets people sporting Antifa flags. Antifa obviously being a US based extremist group of hate and violence.

They even smear the mild mannered , mellow and fellow lgbt member Andy Ngo as a far right extremist. This is their playbook now , to gaslight , smear and besmirch anybody who doesn't assimilate into their way of life.

Actually you're completely incorrect.

It's not flimsy. It's a well known principle in jurisprudence that a law that would have no effect is a bad law. If staticgender people are not looking for recognition, there is no reason to bring a law in to cover it.

It's actually.much flimsier that you want a law brought in that nobody is looking to benefit from. It would be a complete waste of our lawmakers time.

I have not decided which are recognised and which are not. The state has. I agree that I am not in a position to decide which should be recognised. I have never said which should be recognised and which shoudnt. I have simply said that trans people should be recognised. I have not said that any other gender should not be recognised.

You are still trying to pretend that I have said no other gender should be recognised. I have not said that and will not say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Another reason why legislation shouldn't be be changed to suit trans is they can decide to go back to being their born gender whenever they want. The rest of us stay with what we are born with and no small group should dictate to us what we are by deleting us because they cannot handle the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

A law that would have no effect? So legally recognising non-binary people would have no beneficial effect? oooh. I think you have been a little too honest for once. In your opinion, having your gender legally recognised has no benefit, and is a waste of time.

Fantastic.

I think you may have stumbled upon what most right minded people have thought for quite some time.

Gender isn't important.

You just want men to be treated as women and women to be treated as men. You're in favour of transsexualism. You don't give a **** about gender.

It's actually an eerily accurate retelling of the emperor's New clothes.

For the last few years we've been told that if we don't accept that a man can be a woman we are bigots and transphobes etc so the general public entertained the delusion so as not to be classed as a bigot, even though they knew the truth that a man and a woman are very different.

The Dublin Pride incident is equivalent to when one person just stood up and said "this is bollocks. The emperor is naked"

The house of cards that is gender identity came tumbling down when the simplest of questions were asked, because there is ZERO rational responses to why a biological man/woman should be accepted as the opposite sex out of anything other then politeness.

And even then, is it polite to knowingly lie to someone?

Gender identification my hole

Its like religion. Personal to the individual. But the difference is, I'm not forced to believe in the TRUTH of Catholicism. I am just asked to respect that that person has their own belief. I'm not asked to accept that their belief is in any way true or else be labelled a bigot.

If you have to manipulate what I say to make a point then it's not much of a point.

If staticgender people are not looking for legal recognition then yes, a law recognizing staticgender would have no effect.

Trans men and women did look for legal recognition, they got it and yes it benefits them.

Trying to manipulate this into "gender recognition has no benefits" is a very weak debate tactic.

It's all come tumbling down? LOL

It's enshrined in law that trans men and women can be recognized as the gender they identify as.

It's an inconvenient truth for you, and it's not tumbling anywhere anytime soon.

Yes. But as has been explained, recognition of gender is meaningless if you pick and choose which genders you recognise.

It does the opposite of preventing discrimination.

It's not an inconvenient truth. It's a poor bit of legislation.

The convenient truth is the fact that women and men are different. And a biological male will never be an female (and vice versa).

That truth is indisputable.

The truth doesn't matter any more. The creeps and weirdoes have taken over the levers of power. I've already heard from teachers who can't believe the **** they're having to do but not one will actually raise an objection. Find one creep psychiatrist to tell your kid isn't what they are and start messing with them. Tell 7 years olds that they aren't what they think they are. And most of all, being trans is a good thing! Not a neutral thing, it's a good thing! Automatically.

We're in bizarro world already and I'm checking out. I have no interest in bringing kids into this world where thinking that creepy weirdoes shouldn't be talking to kids too young to be left at home alone is a bigoted position.

If gender recognition was meaningless then the law wouldn't stand. It would be easy to challenge it and have it repealed.

The law has been in operation for nearly 7 years and has been implemented multiple times.

There are groups that would exploit any weakness in it's formation and have it repealed in seconds if they could.

So no it's not meaningless, no matter how hard you try to portray it as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

It does seem to be getting hijacked a bit by some LGBT folks though and the message seems to be going off track a bit from women to 'people who are pregnant' as well as people campaigning against the possible repeal of laws that gave rights to LGB people regarding SSM etc. They couldn't even go a week without taking the emphasis away from women.

It's very frustrating when you refer to matters of biological sex - such as that stated on passports and birth certificates - with gender.

It's sleight of hand maneuvering.

• Advertisement

It's the M.O of these people.

I have absolutely no issue with transfolk defining themselves as whatever they wish. Best of luck to them.

I only have an issue when I am compelled to agree or accept that their delusion is based on reality.

Yet somehow I'm intolerant.

In my experience though, it's only the self proclaimed advocates that are unreasonable.

I actually played a gig this weekend, while not specifically for pride, it was pride "friendly". I got some pushback from someone who found some of my chat "intolerant" (he defined himself as cis and straight) although everyone else was happy enough to sing along and accept it for what it was.

(The offending song was singing YMCA from a straight perspective)

It seems that when it comes to the Gender Recognition Act, it's - in reality - a Sex Recognition Act.

On passports, the Sex is changed to whatever is preferred by the person etc. Not gender, but sex.

That's why they have no time for the non-binary recognition rights. After all, non-binary has nothing to do with biological sex. Non-binary people are conveniently left to one side as a result.

What they seem to want is sex-recognition, as that's where the real value lies.

However, it's unpalatable to the general public and so on to use the phrase "sex recognition", so gender is smuggled through as a more palatable alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

I think TENI should have any funding cut until they get rid of this cretin.

Panti Bliss with a quite frankly bizarre conflation between a clear reference to the debates held by Liveline and the atrocity committed in Norway.

That somehow holding sensible, mature debates on the radio may cause mass atrocity attacks by Islamist extremists.

Totally disproportionate reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Who's actually listening to him though? Who actually gives a **** what this jokeshop caricature has to say about anything? He's a legend in his own mind but absolutely irrelevant beyond it, and it's well past time he shut his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Nonsense. The Islamic world tunes into Joe Duffy daily. They have to play it on the delay though so it can be translated.

Seriously though, this is how they play the game. The CC got blamed for the beheadings in Sligo, and Evangelicals got blamed for the Pulse night club shooting. It's genuinely disgusting, but fitting, because most "progressives" are not good people, no matter how much they try and convince us otherwise.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Jesus, she literally calls herself a "national treasure" in her Twitter bio 😂

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭I Blame Sheeple

Run for some form of office will ya hamhead you've my vote so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

isn't she actually a he?

and i'm not being a dick about this

• Advertisement

Don't forget the shame Irish society was meant to feel about the lads beheaded in Sligo til.. oh ****, it's a muslim that did it, never mind.

Advertisement