Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andrade vs. Rey Fenix could be a match of the year contender tonight.

Cash vs. Cobb could also be a banger of a match.

Interested to see how Hook gets on against The DKC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Andrade/Fenix was class, surely one of the best matches to go down on Rampage.

Nice of Rush to finally show up, glad they're going with La Faccion Ingobernable, the inevitable Lucha Bros/LFI match should be great. I'm holding onto a small chance it means a surprise Naito appearance at FD too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think if Naito was going to show up they'd promote the hell out of it, be a nice surprise though.

Lots of ROH stuff on the show this week. Guessing the rumours of a show in July are true. Weird to introduce the Tully Enterprises (first appearance since Supercard, right?) in a vignette just before them setting up a match though, seems a little rushed. Wonder where that match will happen too?

Definitely feels like ROH is about to get more of a look in post-Forbidden Door.

Can't be arsed with the ROH stuff if it's going to be all over AEW TV for the next month. Could they not record ROH in place of one of the dark shows on YouTube until they get a TV deal sorted? If the best they can get with Rampage is 10pm on Friday night, I can't see them getting any better for a weekly ROH show.

I'm the same, I like that ROH is still going and have the option of watching it but I'd prefer if wasn't thrown into AEW. I'm also thinking the same and am very curious to see what deal they get for Ring of Honor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hiromu is out, it's now just a 6-man tag with Hikuleo sitting out.

Going to watch this one in the cinema now here, should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Eurghh was looking forward to seeing Hiromu and Darby

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kyle o Reilly is also legit injured too. There seems to be something in the water with injuries.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

AEW music guy asking this the same day it’s announced Bray has trademarked “Wyatt 6”. He knows exactly what he’s doing here.

I wonder will Kevin Kelly make an appearance at the commentary desk tonight.

The American Dragon to pick a former Nexus teammate as his replacement he had a cracking match to beat Dirty Tom Lawlor for the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Kevin Kelly said he would be part of the team on twitter a few days ago, delighted he'll add a lot to the show IMO.

Lawlor or Cessaro would be great, hope it's not Gresham or Gargano. Gargano is in Chicago for some convention thing but he swears its a coincidence.

Any interest in doing a predictions thread?

Gargano just wouldn't fit with Blackpool Combat Club.

Did hear someone mention Timothy Thatcher who would be another great pick.

I usually cave on the day of a PPV and end up buying it but there's just not enough on the card that's interesting me. I'm sure there will be some great matches but I think rather than doing a AEW Vs NJPW card, I think I would have preferred if they just brought in a Tanahashi, Okada etc on their own for a normal AEW PPV, like the way Tanahashi was rumoured to face Moxley at last years All Out. There's just too many people on the New Japan roster that I could care less about.

In regards Cesaro being the mystery opponent. If it is Cesaro, you have to believe he's going over but I don't think that would work because they still want to do Danielson Vs Sabre match down the line so it'd be a bit stupid having Sabre lose. That's why I think it might be someone like Thatcher that can take a loss but I'm nearly sure commentary said that the mystery opponent has to win to get into blood and guts. I don't know haha. Still hope it's Cesaro.

I'd like to see Josh Barnett as the mystery man.

No real interest in seeing Claudio now, 7 years ago yes however after years of jobbing in the WWE whatever wrestling aura he had is long gone now for me.

Full card my picks for the winners.

Interim AEW World Championship - Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. “Hangman” Adam Page vs. Adam Cole

AEW All-Atlantic Championship - Pac vs. Miro vs. Malakai Black vs. Clark Connors

IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championship - Will Ospreay (c) vs. Orange Cassidy

ROH and IWGP World Tag Team unification match - FTR (ROH) vs. United Empire (IWGP) vs. Roppongi Vice

AEW World Women’s Championship - Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Toni Storm

Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, and Minoru Suzuki vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta, and Shota Umino (Winner gets the advantage for Blood and Guts next Wednesday)

The Young Bucks and El Phantasmo vs. Sting, Darby Allin, and Shingo Takagi

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Mystery opponent picked by Bryan Danielson

Buy-In.

Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee vs. Suzuki-gun

QT Marshall and Aaron Solo vs. Bishamon

Gunn Clubb and Max Caster vs. Yuya Uemura, Alex Coughlin, The DKC, and Kevin Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Have a sneaky feeling about Tanahashi too, could do a lot worse then give the Ace a short run with the interim if Punk isn't too far away from a return. PAC or Miro for the All-Atlantic for me.

I'd say there's less than zero chance the IWGP World doesn't leave with either the Switchblade or Okada.

The count down video is really good too, they should have shown the subbed interviews with Tanahashi and Okada on Dynamite.

Just a gut feeling they will switch both world champions for a few months till Punk is back.

Tony has bought the rights to a new theme song for someone.

Trying not to see what he bought and wait for it to start during the PPV.

Spoiler for who it's for

The song "Jane" for Orange Cassidy

Pizza ordered beer ready for a five hour ppv that might just be the best event in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know what time is the buy in at?

• Advertisement

Interim AEW World Championship - Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. “Hangman” Adam Page vs. Adam Cole

AEW All-Atlantic Championship - Pac vs. Miro vs. Malakai Black vs. Clark Connors

IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championship - Will Ospreay (c) vs. Orange Cassidy

ROH and IWGP World Tag Team unification match - FTR (ROH) vs. United Empire (IWGP) vs. Roppongi Vice

AEW World Women’s Championship - Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Toni Storm

Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, and Minoru Suzuki vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta, and Shota Umino

The Young Bucks and El Phantasmo vs. Sting, Darby Allin, and Shingo Takagi

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Mystery opponent picked by Bryan Danielson

Buy-In.

Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee vs. Suzuki-gun

QT Marshall and Aaron Solo vs. Bishamon

Gunn Clubb and Max Caster vs. Yuya Uemura, Alex Coughlin, The DKC, and Kevin Knight

Post edited by nazmoalex on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They do pints in the cinema here too! Should be a great time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I hope you'll be shouting out "SCISSOR ME DADDY ASS!!". Possibly the only time that'll be acceptable in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

its confirmed ... Zack Sabre Jr vs Cesaro Tonight : )

Well thanks for ruining the surprise for those of us who do not want spoilers before watching the show live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

wow what a dickhead !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

The Original Forbidden Door.

I can only hope this is the commentary team for the night. A bit of a rarity seen two big hosses go at it on a aew show, enjoyable match. QT Marshall gets a lot of crap but he's a solid performer... that 450 was wild

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Comoroto go on a little run for the TNT title challenge and get off the Dark shows for a bit.

The Factory is actually a good little group.

Advertisement