Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

I've had a look at "Pitmen's Derby" as what Norfumberland Plate Class 2 hcap in Newcastle is known as - yay 😊 🙆‍♀️

gee, thanx leff With your stellar insight and all, I too may be able to go "in tee" 😃 work on Monday and be able to tell us mates I had winner of 'Northumberland' 😊 Even if I have to back eight to do it 😁

You're welcome poster - I'm liking that "Even if I have to back eight to do it" 😃 very droll, as they say 🙂 Am not too enamoured however on this offering here : "I too may be able to go "in tee" 😃 work on Monday" - Is that a dig at me being so-called 'known degenerate/doler' ?? ,,,,,,,,

,,,,, What, no reply poster?

Anyroad, for no particular reason(s)/for reasons various, my picks are:

3.30 Newcastle

RAINBOW DREAMER 16/1, ISLAND BRAVE 14/1, PIRATE KING 66/1, GRAPHITE 33/1 all them each way,, One win pick on a/c of Proberto being bullish sounding about it, when he were intaviewed on SSR recently (y'day i think, after he'd ridden a winner or summit) and that's VALLEY FORGE 13/2 win

Them is at readily available prices; I've done em on the 'book with 6plcs on offer, and where Graphite is a lot shorter than with most other books,, anyroad, at least I have us bets on, and, if i waited til tomorrow to do em, I might've spilt all me shekels on summit stupid like eg a Women's soccer match in Tristan Da Cunha, or somesuch, as us degenerates are wont ta dee; or p'raps even sussed out the AP market on the #2023 overall winner of t'Kabbadi in the Haryana and Punjab region 😄 no best prices for this poster as night before, but c'est la vie 😤

#for all i know, maybe the 2022 edition hasn't started yet ! 😁 🤗

So yeah, only the five picks, nd not eight as the poster above suggested as being a possibility, tongue-in-cheek of course 😉

sorry for late reply leff, wasn't tekkin mick there - just one of em figures of speech ya know? 😃 nothing but love here m8 🤣

nae bodr concocted internet personage; 's'all good 😎

hopefully get a shout or twenty in tomorrow, what with toing and froing/changes of fortune etcetera,, 😊

Gl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Oh dear, dear 🤣

2:30 Chester - Australian Harbor 4/1 is out again, he's upped in trip this time, stable is going well, small e/w out of interest.

7:45 Lingers - New Years Honors 4/1 is also upped in trip, hdc debut, ran ok in the novice earlier this year, that race was ubber hot, produced many winners later, chances.

9.00 Donny

NOTEABLE 7/2 win

Monday 27th June '22

Southwell - Good-good to firm in places

that's the going description atm; if it stays the same me'll likely do a few bets in seller:

2.30 Cl 4 Selling Hurdle

GERTCHA ~20/1 , JEU DE MOTS ~50/1 ew on dese 2

and chance lay on ~4/7 jolly Glajou

:)

7:45 Lingers - New Years Honors 4/1 

WD j@u 😊

• Advertisement

A bit better. Australian Harbor stays in the notebook, that nag is capable of winning a race and I'll keep backing him until I'll get back my "investment" on him 🤣

Toos-dee 28 June '22

Roscommon - Yielding

AURIELA ~20s might perhaps go well on her first run for new owner/trainer Eoin Joseph McDonagh; she were a costly enough purchase in 2yr old Breeze Ups in April of last year @ €74,000 ,, she done nowt on her first two runs - one last Sept, and the second of the two in April,, the latest of these prolly tested her stamina, and the first saw her slow to stride and she also ran free that day,, She'd need to break better to have a chance here,, She's well bred and should be happy enough with some (not so sure about 'soft' going, or worse, but on gd to soft/yielding she should deffo go on it) juice in ground; based on her sire Churchill, who's progeny seem to like a bit of cut,,

Her step first cousin and half brother, King Of War, won over an almost identical trip (7f.16yds. - the race in concern is over 7f. 60yds.) at Chepstow on good-good to soft in places last week,, expect she'll like the expected (atm, but rain may come) yielding going, and that if t'ground gets softer, it will hopefully be fine too :)

Not an obvious one on form, granted, but, then again, not many of these look likely here

Silk Damask ~6/1 may have her supporters for champ Colin Keane and trainer R P Cody, and, should the going improve to good, then she's worthy of consideration,, At yielding, or softer; based on breeding, I think she falls well short, but that's just my opinion like 😃 The grey and ~ 3/1 early 2nd fav Girl Crush looks one who'd want more of a trip plus better ground

Weld's ~9/4 paper jolly Dabana has thus far had five goes w/o success,, looks one to swerve, but the competition don't look first class; she's well ahead of these on ratings, with her being rated 80, and the other two with a hcap rating are Murtagh's Chicago Lightening (r66) and the aforementioned Silk Damask (r64),, Dabana looks most likely on form, but I think she wants a mile/and or better ground,, might win on a/c of the relatively poor looking opposition in this Fillies Maiden, but she's an easy enough swerve from me atc

Will deffo consider doing Auriela each way here laterer on today, or sometime 2moro p'raps; when going is more of a known ect 😊

Small e/w on Golden Vintage 9/1 in 3:15 Ponty, form boost - her last race produced 4 winners, PP is paying 4 places, chances.

8.30 Muss

Wide open race this where most have claims,,

pen landed on three:

SPARKLE IN HIS EYE 16/1, RUM GOING ON 9/2 , BOBBY SHAFTOE 10/1

go ew on these + small combi f'cast/tricasts

gl

5.40 Rosc

FAST BETH 40/1 ew

Only the one run where the filly finished 14 of 15 at Curragh over 7f on yielding ground. Obvious hope for improvement on second run, as well as the Fast Company (sire) angle on heavy going; also wears a hood which may help with her tardyness at start,,,, no form to offer hope, but it looks as though the field mostly prefer/would prefer better ground [out of the ones what have raced)

Girl Crush 2/1 place lay; am hoping the heavy ground does for her chances.,, laid her for the three @ ~5/8,, have also chanced a plce-lay on joint fav Dabana @ ~1/2

have already backed Auriela @ 66s ew, but already a 50p rule 4 on that 😒

hope i get summit back - a profit be nice 😁

Not much interest otherwise in racing today,, Hard to see Infiniti 6/4 be not too far away in 7 o'c Chepstow, but she's nine yrs old and short enough at a best priced 13/8 with books (was slightly odds on earlier, before i had a look) ,, nonetheless, i've gone for a hopeful plce-lay @ ~ 1/2

gl

• Advertisement

chanced a 5-plce lay on Connie's Rose 6.00 Chp @ ~ evs; don't know why she's top of betting @ 5s here; has been consistent w/o winning in her last three runs since moving to Grace Harris' stable,, is only three and just seven runs in total, but hard to see her try-make-all tactics be victorious here - has been supported, but, unless they try summit else, she looks about a 12/1 shot to win this,,

didn't bother looking at this race, so no fancies, but, if i had the time, I reckon i'd come up with a fair few ew pokes here 🤣

might try find one 😋

6.00 Chepstow

had a half decent look - the pen, unfortunately (or perhaps "fortunately" 😎 if things go well) landed on five,,

Astrophysics ~ 7/1 might go well, but hard to see him win here, so left Tony Carroll's 10yr old out

The Picks

TAWAAFOQ 16/1 , DIAMOND COTTAGE 5/1 , CREEK HARBOUR 16/1 , QUARTER BLUE 12/1 , MACON BELLE 17/2 - fair few books going 5plcs 1/5 odds here

high numbers would seem to be favoured, and most the picks are drawn middle to high, so that aint so bad; Creek Harbour is the only low-drawn one (box 3)

Just watched 1st race, nd nt so sure about going - don't look any better than good to me,, based my picks on the given description of the going as being Good(Good to Firm in places) and fukkit, dese'll do me...

hope to get a few shouts in anyhow ☺️

g'luck fellow degens nd non degens/those what read thread [w/o complaining/ragging on it 😂] nd anyone what likes a punt

:) leff

no joy at all in 5.40 Roscommon

2:50 Thirsk cl6 over 6f, PP is paying 5places, 20 runners however... but many of them are just a dead wood, so why not :D

My fancies in that mess are: Enderman 6/1 - he seems to be revived by fitting of cheek-pieces and went close last 3 times since they've gone on; Ustath 10/1 CD winner who has fallen to career low mark -5lb from the claimer. I don't have any bets on yet, I'm off for my cycle to "sleep" on it 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

the next at thirsk I'm on fav Jimscracker to win

Are the high draws to dominate in Thirsk today? if so, Canaria Prince 16/1 comes into play in 2:40, dreadful trainers strike rate though...

ETA: not backing anything after all in 2:40, not feeling like it today.

Post edited by j@utis on

7.o'c Kempton LAFAN ew 8/1

poor enough draw,, okay price in open race

7.40 Tipp

ITSALONGLONGROAD 33/1 ew NB

gl

8:00 Kempton - Masterclass 11/2, e/w PP is paying 4 places here, 12 runners, hdc debut of mark 70, was second lto to Twelfth Night that's rated 82 now. HT has tipped Beauen Arrows in this one, price has halved, I see what he sees but we have leave that one alone, just because 😎

7.50 Bath UTHER PENDRAGON 17/2 ew

been supported; hard to solve this, but Uther Pendragon may go close if he elects not to lead, and instead, to chase the pace here, and hopefully win his third ever race

GL

• Advertisement

No joy there

8:30 Rajmeister 6/1 - another one with bad draw to overcome but seems to be going well lately, e/w posibilities.

Last 🤣 dropped in at the start, later 4th wide, no many chances from there, very different run to when finished 2nd in Yarmooth lto.

8.08 Newbury

Wide open this,, have gone for 2 agin the field here,,

Good to firm - good in places is the current going there, but it looks as tho rain is due. A bit of juice would hopefully help the two picks, or at least will not be much of an inconvenience,,

PLEDGE OF HONOUR 14s ew

Horse is in good form, winning two of his last three races; can chase it or be held up,, has a bit of a tendency to be slow to stride on occasion,, will hope it don't affect his chances too much,, good price anyway

GERT LUSH 28/1 ew

5yr old goes well this time of year,, staying the 10fs aint guaranteed,, appeals on price tho and has the lowest weight here; Callum Hutchinson also takes 5lbs off.. probably has no chance if she's out back early, as needs to be mid-div at least, i feel, going on her previous, to have a chance here,,

prolly be doing well to get a place here, but fekkit, that's punting; there aint that too many 'certainties',,,

,,,, hope rain is a certainty, as i think it could scupper chances of the jolly Wonder Starelzaam, who's a scarcely believable best-priced 6/4 shot; looks more a 2/1 (at least) shot to me, and that's assuming good to firm [or close to] going,, any bit of soft in going and i think (based on his 2nd last run, where going were good-good to soft in places) t'jolly is well vulnerable here - not a lot of info to go on as hasn't ever really ran on soft (apart from a few sprint goes in Ireland when trained there) ; but plenty reason(s) for me to go plce-lay here

☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

6.36 Epsom SELF PRAISE 10/11 win

8.30 Bellewstown FINAL ENDEAVOUR 33s ew

6.55 Bellewstown POLAR BEAR 4/6 lay

8.30 Bellewstown BENAUD 1/2 lay

5.00 Tipp CHARGO 11/10 place lay

good luck 🤔

EDIT Polar Bear = nr in 6.55,,, Betty must have told Jessie it's raining in Co Meath venue.. going is 'Good' - doubt it stays that way 🤣

Post edited by Konny Rool on

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Outsider pick

MINT JULEP 25/1 ew 8.50 Epsom

Think G Moore's 11/4 market leader Night Eagle is vulnerable here being stepped up to 12fs. They had a nice touch when he won on the AW lto at Lingfield over 10fs - doubt he'll be in the first five home here

3:30 Haydock - Palifico 25/1, she was runner up on her last 4 starts, new trainer and up in distance today, which will either work its magic or be a total flop, small e/w just out of interest.

Okay, market was 100% right about this one 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Getwithit/Cardboard gangster to win/place in the next for pot at perth*4...

Advertisement